What did you shoot today?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Kiln, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Sirex

Sirex Member

The main reason I got the ATi M4-22 was because here in MD, right now, or as of October 2013, you can only purchase a heavy barrel AR15 in 223/5.56. Hbar, as well as other caliber ARs, like 7.62x39 and 6.5 are exempt. In 2018 there was an attempt to remove the Hbar exemption making all ARs banned. My goal was to have this, since .22s here, as well as Canada, the UK, are exempt from the heavy restrictions of regular centerfire guns. As it was purchased as a polymer .22lr rifle, would be hopefully exempted if their attempt passed. But, if it did, since I have other upper, it could be reconfigured in an emergency situation, but mainly stay rimfire the rest of the time.

Can't say I would depend on this POS though. But, I have other options now. Seems the dems in this state are going to reach for the moon after the next governor.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It would be fun to try your lower on another upper at some point. Maybe the real issue is the .22 upper, but if not, it would be good to know it sooner, rather than later.

I assume you can’t even buy a stripped lower? I can still buy them for $60 here. $190 for an assembled Anderson. Just saw a $250 16” M4 style carbine upper at the LGS as well. Crazy world.

3. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Yeah, some of the newer 22s out there are picky as hell. I have an ATI m4-22, runs awesome with whatever ammo I put in it. Best part it functions with my 223/556 uppers. It's more of a backup in 22lr dedicated form.

I "had" a Chiappa M1-22 that was horrible. I know a couple people that had them and loved them, mine wouldn't eat any brand of ammo, I even tried what they suggested I use and even then it would malfunction from time to time. The throat seems tight cause most of the time the ammo would only go 1/2 way in and jam. Sent it back twice to the factory and they said it was "fine"...

So, yeah sold it, just recently. Told the guy buying it about the ammo issues, he didn't seem to care.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Took the 10/22 out with the suppressor yesterday. Not that impressive with HV, and won’t run shorts unless I lock the bolt back, take out the mag, push the bullet forward until it almost falls out, put the mag in, let the bolt close, and then after firing, it will probably not extract either. Super Slow single shot, to say the least. But it is fun hearing the short hit the berm.

I have some subsonic LR ammo, I just need to find it.

5. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Not today but yesterday... full auto 300 BLK.

Rabidwookie, ajole and moona11 like this.
  6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    And I was out in the 15 degree air sighting in the BSA Sweet .22 on the CZ Scout using American Eagle subsonic 45 grain ammo.

It weel keel, to borrow a phrase. And do it quietly. Got it zeroed, using 15 precious rounds to wear out the bullseye, and decided to try some less precious regular Blazer LRN to see how the zero shifted. Popping shotgun hulls laying in the snow at 30-40 yards was fun. Basically aimed a bit less than 1” low, and let it fly. The fun ones were the ones where all you could see was the base end, so it’s about a 3/4 inch bull. Just set the bottom rim on the cross stadia, and send it. They really take off when you spank that end of things.

Rabidwookie, moona11 and fatal-bert33 like this.
  7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

It will KEAL. Keep Everyone ALive, according to Reddit.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Screw Reddit. I’m quoting Doug Marcaida, and he isn’t leaving ANYONE alive. But, yeah, he spells it that way too.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

That's who I'm talking about. There's an entire reddit dedicated to what he says on that show.

Rabidwookie and ajole like this.
  10. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Shot 2 of my underdogs today, the FMK 9C1G2 and the GSG Firefly 22.

They close the indoor range back in August for upgrades and what a difference it is. New everything, even has a digital sign-in and digital controls on each of the 6 lanes and better acoustics all around.

I believe this is the 1st time the Firefly ran without any hiccups. After my last time out I polished the feed ramp and that seems to have helped a lot this time around. The gun came with 3 front sights: short, medium, tall. I had the short sight in and was hitting high at approx 7-10yds, so when I got home I installed the medium height sight.

Had 2 shells that did not extract out of the chamber on the FMK, but I put the other 148rnds thru it with no problems at all. But my aim is shit, I kept pulling to the left, need more practice. If this was the gun I would use for SD I would practice more. I like the gun overall but I like the trigger on my Canik better.

Rabidwookie, Rerun, Dagwood and 2 others like this.
  11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Digital sign in? Like...connected to the interwebz?

Hmmmmmmmm.....

Rabidwookie and HPD855 like this.
  12. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

4095TS and an SKS. Both are great shooters. hip2.jpg hip4.jpg

Rabidwookie and Dagwood like this.
  13. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

The new ID card has a barcode on it, I think I'm suppose to hold it in front of a scanner when I go next time. Not sure if it's thru the internet or internal to their setup in the store.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  14. retread

retread Member

they ask for ALL your gun info for this sign in crap?

Rabidwookie likes this.
  15. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

No
    No, it's just used as a form of ID, nothing about what guns you bring in. Not sure what they do about folks who are not members (everybody got issued a card before this new system, but members had a number assigned), might have to ask just to see what they say.

About the only privilege being a member gives you is you can reserve a lane online and don't have to wait for an opening, may get a discount on ammo if bought at the range. They have a ammo dept on the 2nd floor but you're going to pay MSRP or higher. I take ammo with me when I go.

Rabidwookie and retread like this.
  16. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Member

We are on LOCK DOWN in Oregon. LOCK DOWN, I expect I could shoot if the Warden would let me go forth and dodge the virus, but she won't. Not even to shoot herself. I hope to shoot this fall. At least I'm conserving ammo.

Rabidwookie and Rerun like this.
  17. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

8:30 cleaning appointment for my teeth. Texted the boss. He said,"See you tomorrow I have everything covered." :( Shot some crap Blazer brass through my Gen 5 26. Ran some Monarch steel too. I'm glad the Blazer ran in my Glock as it was jamming my brother's 19, my Canik TPFSX9, and the Extar when I was in Florida. I like my F-LGS is $15 for however long I'm there. Had the range to myself. :) They had lots of AR10 Magpul mags. I snagged 3 of the window mags. They are hard to find.

Rabidwookie, Pandaz3 and Dagwood like this.
  18. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Member

I just bought five non-window AR-10 P-Mags myself, loaded all with some 168 Grain 'Atomic' match ammo, I have some with another AR-10 and no name 147 Grain M-80 ammo in them and I have some D&H Steel AR-10 Mags too, I like them also.

19. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

MidwayUSA got the window mags back in stock on Wednesday. I ordered the limit of 3. I tried to order 6. So it worked out.

Looking at local mag prices they are the saas online without shipping. Many online sellers are now "collecting " sales tax.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Rabidwookie likes this.
  20. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

My SIL was having issues with Blazer Brass in his 10/22 and newish Keltec SU-22 today.

He calls me at 0730 to go to the range. I said what the hell and packed up, only took my Auto Ordnance m1 Carbine and 200 rounds.

His SU-22 problems may have been more than the ammo. He put 1 mag thru it and then it wouldn't pick up a round. He played with it a bit then I got hold of it. At first I didn't see anything but then I spot a round BEHIND the bolt assy!!! He took the gun down and was able to pull it out, that solved the issue of not picking up a round :rolleyes:

The round was pretty well torn up, just not sure how it got back there. After that it ran fine.

The carbine ran the best it has so far with the new mags, but I was still getting failure to pick up a round and eject. I'm thinking the mags need some tweaking or it's the South Korean ammo I have. Not sure how old the ammo is, there's no rust of corrosion on any of the rnds. Maybe I need to pick up a different brand and try it out.

TNTRAILERTRASH, Rabidwookie and Rerun like this.