Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1721 - 1740 of 1748 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,609 Posts
Took the Taurus 605 revolver out to shoot my 38 Special reloads. Went good, both LRN and wadcutters.
Did a basic zero on the two ARs with new scopes on them. Ran fine, grouped the shots in between adjustments pretty well.

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Took 3 to the range this morning: Bersa Thunder 22, GSG Firefly 22, and Heritage Barkeep 22/22WMR. Took along 100rnds each of Fiocchi 1250fps, Winchester HP 1280fps, and Federal 1200fps.

The Bersa and the GSG did not like the Federal ammo at all, not enough force to make the slide go back like it should to pickup the next round. Both worked fine using the Fiocchi and Winchester. No gun issues other than with the Federal ammo.

The shooter on the other hand sucked, my right shoulder was giving me a fit today, even hanging the target was a PITA. Holding the gun steady was an issue, not a large issue but I could tell I had to concentrate more to stay on target.

My regular shooting buddy went with me today, first time since last July. He took his Ruger American 9mm, his GSG Firefly, and a Ruger MK4 22.

All shot well except the MK4. He was using Aguila ammo and after only a few rounds the bolt stuck in the open position and would not move. I tried to get him to come inside once we got back to my house so we could take a look but he had to get home. Hopefully it's something simple but at the range it was at all stop. I don't think he lubed it prior to going today so it may have been sitting up for almost a year since he lubed it last, but it felt like a hard, mechanical stop.

Still a good day at the range. Also tried the 22WMR mag in the Barkeep, shot fine. I really like the gun and my buddy shot it as well, thinking about getting one now!

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
@Dubar What distance do you shoot that Barkeep at? Is there any accuracy to them?
It is an interesting looking little toy. Kinda have my interest.

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
@Dubar What distance do you shoot that Barkeep at? Is there any accuracy to them?
It is an interesting looking little toy. Kinda have my interest.
The farthest is 10yds. I have to be steady, but I did manage to put the rounds inside the 4" squares of the BANGO target I was using:

BANGO TARGET.jpg

Switching between the 3 guns, I had to remind myself of where to hold the front sight, so a couple of them went high (outside the 4" square) until it kicked in where to hold it.

I feel it's just as accurate as the 6-1/2" barrel model that I have, the Barkeep has a 2-11/16" barrel. What I like about the Barkeep is how balanced it feels in my hands, the 6-1/2" barrel model is nose heavy compared to the Barkeep, but that's to be expected.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
The farthest is 10yds. I have to be steady, but I did manage to put the rounds inside the 4" squares of the BANGO target I was using:

View attachment 71111

Switching between the 3 guns, I had to remind myself of where to hold the front sight, so a couple of them went high (outside the 4" square) until it kicked in where to hold it.

I feel it's just as accurate as the 6-1/2" barrel model that I have, the Barkeep has a 2-11/16" barrel. What I like about the Barkeep is how balanced it feels in my hands, the 6-1/2" barrel model is nose heavy compared to the Barkeep, but that's to be expected.
The Barkeep has two barrel lengths. One is called 2" and the other is called 3". Can you give me the Model number of yours please to reference.

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
The packing slip only gives the SKU (5655104037) and Description - Heritage Rough Rider Barkeep 2" .22LR Revolver. The manual has specs for the 2" and 3", 2" being 2.67" and 3" being 3.59", no model number to be found in the manual. Every video I've watched mentions having the 2" barrel, so maybe they haven't come out with the 3" yet. Only mention of "model" in the manual is that it's a Barkeep.

Their phone number in GA is (229)515-8099.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The packing slip only gives the SKU (5655104037) and Description - Heritage Rough Rider Barkeep 2" .22LR Revolver. The manual has specs for the 2" and 3", 2" being 2.67" and 3" being 3.59", no model number to be found in the manual. Every video I've watched mentions having the 2" barrel, so maybe they haven't come out with the 3" yet. Only mention of "model" in the manual is that it's a Barkeep.

That's a nice looking shooter, kinda remind me of my Colt Peacemaker, which is also case hardened.

$180.00 sounds like a very good deal to me.

IMHO of course

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts

That tells me every thing I need to know. When they say 2" or 3", both are actually a bit longer. Yes, there are 3" out there in several models. Not many though. I think I might get a 3" only for a bit longer sighting plane. Depends on if my FFL is on some of the vendors lists. Thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Good luck!!! My shooting buddy wants one also.
I am going for that 3" barrel. But, I am not paying any $200 and more on Gun Broker for one. Their prices are BS on there. I have a couple of dealers that have a fancied up 3" Barkeep for $159.00. If my FFL here gets his info to them before they run out that is.
We shall see tomorrow I hope.

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
Shot my Heritage today also - 6" model - along with both .22 rifles, .22 mag, and my Taurus G3. Very pleased with all of them. Everything is shooting minute of groundhog, with my MarkII shooting minute of squirrel head. I'm happy.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts
Not today, but tomorrow!!! On the schedule:

1. Girsan Regard (Berretta 92fs clone)
2. Cetme L
3. Imbel/DSA FAL
4. Random AK, not sure which yet...

The others are new or new to me so get to sight them all in, which I find super relaxing if the weather holds out.

Reactions: Think1st

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Retro AR-15 (200+ rounds of reloads)

1911 (45 ACP. Maybe 50 rounds of reloads)

Sig P226 (9mm. Maybe 50 rounds of reloads)

·
Premium Member
9,215 Posts
I took the Remington 1858 out on Sunday and tested out the Slixsprings stainless nipples. They were great, as expected, given the rave reviews I've read about them. The #11 caps went on without any crimping. I'm getting two more sets for the other cylinders.

I shot the plate rack for the first time with it, and it knocks the plates down with some authority. After 48 rounds and no interim barrel scrubbing, it was still hitting those 6" hexagons at what I guess was 18yds. I'll tell you what; putting a little Precision Lube 2000 around the mouth of each chamber before pushing a ball onto the powder charge does a good job of keeping the fouling from filling up the rifling.

I kind of started to freeze a bit out there, though. It was 58 degrees when I got out there, but it was supposed to get to 74, so I left my coat in the truck. They lied. It stayed at 58 degrees the whole time, and I was really close to shivering after almost two hours out there in that weather. It was worth it, though, to see those plates going down like they were.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,747 Posts
I took the Remington 1858 out on Sunday and tested out the Slixsprings stainless nipples. They were great, as expected, given the rave reviews I've read about them. The #11 caps went on without any crimping. I'm getting two more sets for the other cylinders.

I shot the plate rack for the first time with it, and it knocks the plates down with some authority. After 48 rounds and no interim barrel scrubbing, it was still hitting those 6" hexagons at what I guess was 18yds. I'll tell you what; putting a little Precision Lube 2000 around the mouth of each chamber before pushing a ball onto the powder charge does a good job of keeping the fouling from filling up the rifling.

I kind of started to freeze a bit out there, though. It was 58 degrees when I got out there, but it was supposed to get to 74, so I left my coat in the truck. They lied. It stayed at 58 degrees the whole time, and I was really close to shivering after almost two hours out there in that weather. It was worth it, though, to see those plates going down like they were.
Wuss. At least you had a good time freezing 🥶

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
Went and reclaimed my baby today. It was on loan to a step kid who was supposed to go hunting with my replacement. That never materialized, so I took it back after a year and went shooting. Did some plinking at some clays at about 100y. Wasn't really trying to get fancy with it.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts
Went and reclaimed my baby today. It was on loan to a step kid who was supposed to go hunting with my replacement. That never materialized, so I took it back after a year and went shooting. Did some plinking at some clays at about 100y. Wasn't really trying to get fancy with it.

View attachment 72917
That's purdy!!! Different looking but I like it!!

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
That's purdy!!! Different looking but I like it!!
Were you around for @ajole and his "10/22's are okay, but there are much better .22's for cheaper" speeches? Then I threw this built and stacked for competition 10/22 in the ring with sub-moa 10-shot groups at 100y and got his official seal of approval and a lifetime ban from joining any and all future .22 rifle accuracy arguments.

Reactions: ajole
1721 - 1740 of 1748 Posts