Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1741 - 1748 of 1748 Posts

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts
Were you around for @ajole and his "10/22's are okay, but there are much better .22's for cheaper" speeches? Then I threw this built and stacked for competition 10/22 in the ring with sub-moa 10-shot groups at 100y and got his official seal of approval and a lifetime ban from joining any and all future .22 rifle accuracy arguments.
I do remember that convo, whether when it was going on or just reading posts - so that one is the 22 in question.

sub MOA 10 shot groups... even if I had a 22 like that I may not be able to get that kinda group lol.

Anyway, very nice Rach, happy for you that it's HOME!!

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Felt like throwing some lead down range today so I took my Canik TP9SF and Beretta Model 81 to the range.

New LOK Grips on the Beretta are sweet, no more fat feeling and with the grip tape on the slide making it easy to rack, it's becoming a favorite. Canik ran flawless as usual.

Only hiccups I had were with the Beretta...damn thing slings the MTs straight back and I caught one between my safety goggles and my left eye!!! Damn that hot brass, couldn't get it out fast enough. It still smarts but there's no blistering that I can see, but it's making my left eye water again. You don't have to wear your mask IN the range, so I hung it down below my chin(s) LOL! Then I caught another piece of hot brass between my mask and jaw, damn the luck! Also had a few bounce off the top of my head but they kept bouncing off into the atmosphere. About 150rnd thru each pistol was all I could do in a little over 1 hour.

I need to get a loader for the Beretta, the UpLula I have for 9mm/45 can work, but it's too wide and wobbles so I'd prefer one that's made for 32ACP. With 12rnds in the mag the 1st 10 are easy, but those last 2 are a PITA to cram into the mags.

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
I took my buddy to the outdoor range in Wakefield yesterday, he'd never been. I took my Ruger 10-22 "International", Keltec Sub-2000, and AO M1 Carbine, he also took his 10-22 (M1 carbine stock) and Rossi RS22 in faux-wood stock.

We stayed 4 hours, all on the 50yd range!!! I think I shot 150rnds of 22LR, 150rnds of 9mm, and 100rnds of 30cal, he shot over 400rnds of 22LR. He was trying to sight in a Simmons scope on the Rossi, but we just couldn't get it going so he took it off and started hitting the target using the OEM sights. I had a generic, no-name scope on my 10-22 but had already zeroed it in from last time I shot it.

He got a kick out of shooting at the 8" steel plate I brought, although at 50yds the 22 barely makes it ring. He shot my M1 carbine and the 1st 3 he hit the plate, had a big smile on his face.

We were both counting the $$$ as we pulled the triggers, but that's what the ammo is for, to shoot. It was well worth the price.

The hour long drive there, 4 hours at the range, and an hour back took it's toll on us old geezers, we were both whipped when we got back home. I'm glad he drove cause Sunday I had gone to my cousins, 2-hour drive to NC and another 2 back so I was already beat from that.

I did have a few failures to feed and eject in the M1, but I think it's that Korean ammo I got recently, no telling how old it is. If I can find 100rnds of new stuff I'll shoot that next time and compare.

Now both us of have a lot to clean!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I took my buddy to the outdoor range in Wakefield yesterday, he'd never been. I took my Ruger 10-22 "International", Keltec Sub-2000, and AO M1 Carbine, he also took his 10-22 (M1 carbine stock) and Rossi RS22 in faux-wood stock.

We stayed 4 hours, all on the 50yd range!!! I think I shot 150rnds of 22LR, 150rnds of 9mm, and 100rnds of 30cal, he shot over 400rnds of 22LR. He was trying to sight in a Simmons scope on the Rossi, but we just couldn't get it going so he took it off and started hitting the target using the OEM sights. I had a generic, no-name scope on my 10-22 but had already zeroed it in from last time I shot it.

He got a kick out of shooting at the 8" steel plate I brought, although at 50yds the 22 barely makes it ring. He shot my M1 carbine and the 1st 3 he hit the plate, had a big smile on his face.

We were both counting the $$$ as we pulled the triggers, but that's what the ammo is for, to shoot. It was well worth the price.

The hour long drive there, 4 hours at the range, and an hour back took it's toll on us old geezers, we were both whipped when we got back home. I'm glad he drove cause Sunday I had gone to my cousins, 2-hour drive to NC and another 2 back so I was already beat from that.

I did have a few failures to feed and eject in the M1, but I think it's that Korean ammo I got recently, no telling how old it is. If I can find 100rnds of new stuff I'll shoot that next time and compare.

Now both us of have a lot to clean!!!
Going to pick up my 10/22 Takedown Target w/ heavy bull barrel in 45 minutes and will be at the range this weekend, I’m jealous. Taking my Sub2K also but it’s always with me nowadays. What “no name” scope are you running on yours?

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Going to pick up my 10/22 Takedown Target w/ heavy bull barrel in 45 minutes and will be at the range this weekend, I’m jealous. Taking my Sub2K also but it’s always with me nowadays. What “no name” scope are you running on yours?
I have a Vortex Strikefire II but didn't use it yesterday:

I need to take it next time I shoot the S2K.

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
Went and reclaimed my baby today. It was on loan to a step kid who was supposed to go hunting with my replacement. That never materialized, so I took it back after a year and went shooting. Did some plinking at some clays at about 100y. Wasn't really trying to get fancy with it.

View attachment 72917
Machine thrown clay's or, by hand...?

Inquiring eldar

1741 - 1748 of 1748 Posts