Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1761 - 1780 of 1780 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,220 Posts
Been wanting to try Fowler, heard good things about there over ShootStraight and some other local ranges. How do you like it?

By far prefer Webb though but hate they make you have reservations now and the time limits. Need to hit the rifle range at Webb next weekend to site in the new scope but want to shoot pistol too so have to make 2 reservations.
Cecil Webb last time I was there was short on their times from the website. It's state run and the suck factor has been building for years.

I will not go to Shootstraight anymore due to ties with radical islam. When I was there your shit slid off the little desk things.

Fowler is old. The people were nice. It's only 25yds. It's small. I was there at 2pm on a Tuesday. Not many people. There was some girls in there shooting a rented AR15. Surprisingly quiet due to the construction of the barriers.

I called Alamo in the AM. Left a message. They called me back about 4:30pm. :rolleyes:

Is there another range at Babcock ranch?

Reactions: mattman17

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cecil Webb last time I was there was short on their times from the website. It's state run and the suck factor has been building for years.

I will not go to Shootstraight anymore due to ties with radical islam. When I was there your shit slid off the little desk things.

Fowler is old. The people were nice. It's only 25yds. It's small. I was there at 2pm on a Tuesday. Not many people. There was some girls in there shooting a rented AR15. Surprisingly quiet due to the construction of the barriers.

I called Alamo in the AM. Left a message. They called me back about 4:30pm. :rolleyes:

Is there another range at Babcock ranch?
Shoot straight is so packed and their station is so small you can’t even have 2 pistols on the bench at once let alone a rifle and anything else. Was unaware of their ties to Radical Islam as well plus they have more suicide at range by rented firearm than anywhere else in the country is my understanding.

Alamo is nice but it’s Naples so you tend to pay their premium for the zip code. Lol

For indoor I’ve been going to the range in Cape off Del Prado because they had the latest open time you could start shooting that I could make it to after work.

My only other option is driving to WPB and going out to my friends property there but that’s a jaunt and an entire day if not a whole weekend trip. That said it’s 10x the fun being able to do it outdoors and in the comfort of private property. Guess it’s road trip time.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
I was able to get away for a quick trip to the BLM for a little recoil therapy. I had picked up a SW M&P 2.0 compact 9mm a while back and hadn't had a chance to try it out. What a sweet shooter. This one is tricked out with an Apex flat faced trigger kit, an Apex threaded match grade barrel and an upgraded guide rod and flat wound captured spring kit. I only took the 2 mags full that I had with 115gr fmj's. Shot a total of 29 rds. 'Like butta'" !! Definitely one of my new favorites. Need to put a littl thread locker on the thread protector, it was pretty loose by the time i was done.
A good time wss had by all...

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Is blue Loc-Tite a good one to use? I've noticed a couple of my thread protectors get loose but so far have put nothing on them to keep them in place.
I would use the blue. If you were to use red, you might not ever get the thing off. Red is fairly permanent.

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
Is blue Loc-Tite a good one to use? I've noticed a couple of my thread protectors get loose but so far have put nothing on them to keep them in place.
Green, purple, or blue. Green is medium with wicking, purple is light, blue is medium. Red is permanent/heavy/high temp.

·
Premium Member
21,220 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Shot my Ruger P90DC and FMK 9c1g2 this morning. About 100rnds thru each, P90 performed flawlessly (thanks again Trashy for the heads up!), had 2 failure to eject out of the FMK. Not sure what caused it, I have 4 mags but didn't notice if both failures came from the same mag.

I shot the P90 first but when I switched over to the polymer FMK my aim was high and couldn't seem to get it down. There's a bit of friction on the pull of the trigger (804) and it seems like I know it's coming and still can't get the feel for when it's about to break.

I think I just shoot better with the metal guns than the polymer.

·
Premium Member
35,752 Posts
Put ten rounds through the Sig. It ran fine. This afternoon I’m trying some reloads and a target, seeing how it will group for me, and whether I need to adjust the turret press any.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Went out to back yard and shot a couple shells in my new 410 Rossi Youth break-open. Found it to indeed have a 22" barrel and not the 18-1/2"(but they do sell one with this short barrel). Didn't check for patterning, just function at this time.

Something I wasn't expecting, was the recoil from such a small shell. Used Federal 3" 6-1/2 shot. It really packs a wallop with such a light gun that only weighs maybe 4#s. I'm not recoil shy, but I want the wife to enjoy this little "popper" also and it not flair up more of her arthritis and fibromyalgia.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
I want the wife to enjoy this little "popper" also and it not flair up more of her arthritis and fibromyalgia.
Recoil pad and lean into it!!! I shot a double barrel 410 once that had some good recoil to it, but it was fun to shoot when I was 18 or so.

1761 - 1780 of 1780 Posts