Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1781 - 1800 of 1807 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
G43X, G27 with Lone Wolf 9mm conversion. Extar9, S&W622 that I bought a couple of years ago, (finally shot it) 422, Security 6 with .357 magnums. Shot my PSA 14.5' FN barreled 5.56. I zeroed in the PA ACSS 3X scope @50yds. Shot my Alpha Sports 10.5" AR47 pistol just a few rounds. I mounted a new Romeo 5 "shake awake" dot on it. Damned thing worked at the house, DOA at the range. Swapped the battery, still dead. I bought it last year. Couldn't see shit with the irons.

My date brought several of her hand guns. I shot her bull barreled Colt target model. That thing was sweet!

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Registered
697 Posts
I shot the sheriff. But I did not shoot the deputy.

·
Premium Member
9,407 Posts
Reactions: Chef Duane

·
Premium Member
9,407 Posts
My Taurus PT22 Polymer and my Ruger Wrangler.

I do like the PT22

Reactions: Dagwood

·
Registered
697 Posts
Kel Tec PMR 30 (150 rounds), Zastava M70 (100 rounds) , and S&W SD9VE (100 rounds)
It's been a long time since I've shot that much. It was a good day.
Oh man, I've wanted a PMR30 ever since it came out. I'm jealous.

Reactions: Greg B.

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
Last Monday we decided to celebrate Independence Day the real way. (We did this on the 5th of July.) I and six other young men including my son went out to the desert in the morning to do target shooting. Ranges varied from about 55 yards to 25 yards.

We shot mainly just long guns for about a few hours in the morning before it got too hot. We fired .22 Long Rifle, a 7.62 x 39 scoped rifle and a 9 millimeter Luger carbine. One of the men had just turned eighteen and had never been shooting before. Being a newbie he did not like the 7.62 x 39 rifle, but liked shooting the 9 millimeter AR-15 and .22 Long Rifle.

I also shot two hard disk drives and a solid state drive that I did not want anymore with 7.62 x 39. That is how you take hard drives out of commission for good.

We cleaned up all of our targets (which were just boxes) and the hard drives and did not leave any trash either except some shell casings.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Met my nephew and his stepson at the range this morning. I shot my old Noble Model 20H 22LR and Mossberg 151M(a) 22LR. Both shot fine but the Mossy just didn't want to play right with 15rnds in the tube, 12rnds ran fine. And it doesn't like Winchester hollow points, the Federal I had ran fine in it. It was good to shoot the Noble, haven't shot it in at least 25 years.

Nephew shot his GSG Firefly 22LR and the old Stevens .410 I gave him that belonged to his dad, then they went over to the skeet range. He has a Benelli Nova 12ga pump and stepson had a 20ga over/under. He's 12 and a pretty good shot, they were tied after 1 round of skeet and he blistered the target with both my rifles over on the regular range.

I left after 2.5 hours, too damn hot!

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Shot my Zastava M70 and Taurus 856 Defender today.

Zastava ran fine using Sellier & Bellot 73gr FMJ ammo (100rnds), now I know the Fiocchi I have just isn't working in this gun. 856 shot great with Magtech ammo, 100rnds thru that too.

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Shot my Zastava M70 and Taurus 856 Defender today.

Zastava ran fine using Sellier & Bellot 73gr FMJ ammo (100rnds), now I know the Fiocchi I have just isn't working in this gun. 856 shot great with Magtech ammo, 100rnds thru that too.
Is the trigger pull on the M70 getting any smoother or lighter now?

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
I didn't notice any difference in mine, but my buddy's has a much smoother trigger pull. However, he got 1 shot off with his today then click, click, click. Appeared to be light strikes on the ammo and when we got back to my house I suggested we go in and take the gun apart. It appeared that more cosmoline was oozing out of the fire control group, I had the same thing happen to mine the 2nd time I shot it. That stuff is there to stay!!! I finally got mine clean and today had no problems so I suggested to him that he dunk it and make sure the cosmoline is gone. I really think it was slowing down the hammer and making it not hit with a lot of force.

What I did notice is finger pad position. There's a sweet spot where if I get my finger just right things seem to smooth out. I shot it a number of times lefthanded and put 3 in a row in the center, like I knew what I was doing!!! But shooting lefthanded, the gun feels better in my hand.

I'm thinking I have 250-300rnds thru it now.

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
It was Saturday, but we took a nephew out and shot the Victory and Scout suppressed, plus the Rio Bravo. He managed to hit the rolling ball target pretty well. He’s got a slight problem...like autism, but very high functioning. So he was really interested in the physics of how and why different bullets are....different. Only a little interested in the guns. But he had fun, the way the silencer worked was exciting to him, and the ricochets screaming across the canyon were another source of excitement.

Pretty good day.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Now that I've cleaned it...I DO believe the trigger has smoothed out, either that or my finger has found it's groove LOL!!!

On my way home from the doctors today my buddy called with a question about his "Bee". I was nearby so stopped over. He couldn't see the firing pin come out when pushed from the rear but I showed him it was working fine. He soaked the hammer assembly for a couple of hours then used compressed air to blow it out, hopefully it fixed his problem he has yesterday with light strikes.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
While at the range Monday the RSO came by with his Ruger MKIV 22/45 Lite and let us shoot it. Wow that thing IS light, purty blue slide too. I thought I was not going to like the feel of the 22/45 but that was fun to shoot!

·
Registered
73 Posts
While at the range Monday the RSO came by with his Ruger MKIV 22/45 Lite and let us shoot it. Wow that thing IS light, purty blue slide too. I thought I was not going to like the feel of the 22/45 but that was fun to shoot!
I’ve got a Ruger Mark III Competition that was gifted to me during a discussion of purchasing a MarkIV and I was surprised how heavy that thing is and been debating trading it up for the lighter model. Great shooter though with the Bull barrel but not threaded and think I’m going to get a suppressor for the 10/22 companion.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
I’ve got a Ruger Mark III Competition that was gifted to me during a discussion of purchasing a MarkIV and I was surprised how heavy that thing is and been debating trading it up for the lighter model. Great shooter though with the Bull barrel but not threaded and think I’m going to get a suppressor for the 10/22 companion.
Yep, the 22/45 not only has the 1911 grip angle but a polymer frame, much lighter and with that slide with the lightening holes it's even lighter!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yep, the 22/45 not only has the 1911 grip angle but a polymer frame, much lighter and with that slide with the lightening holes it's even lighter!
Yeah my MarkIII unloaded weighs twice as much as my G17 with a full mag of 9mm. So much for using that for the other half, she says it weighs too much so I guess it’s time to get the lighter MarkIV finally lol.

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
Don’t trade it in. Sell it yourself, you’ll get twice the money that trade in would give.
But...gifted? I’d be pissed if some guy I gave a nice gun to, traded it in without telling me the plan first. A Mark III Competition isn’t a chump gun. Is it stainless?

If you aren’t set on the Mark series, check the Ruger SR22. Smaller, lighter, available threaded, and possibly cheaper, depending on model and local demand.

Reactions: mattman17

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don’t trade it in. Sell it yourself, you’ll get twice the money that trade in would give.
But...gifted? I’d be pissed if some guy I gave a nice gun to, traded it in without telling me the plan first. A Mark III Competition isn’t a chump gun. Is it stainless?

If you aren’t set on the Mark series, check the Ruger SR22. Smaller, lighter, available threaded, and possibly cheaper, depending on model and local demand.
Trading it up was a bad choice of words, I’m not in the business of getting rid of firearms by any means, I’d give the friend the offer of it back first before I got rid of it. Trading it up as in buying another that the other half can actually shoot since she hates my PF-9 because it has to much recoil, hates the HP .45 because it’s too heavy same goes for the MarkIII and hasn’t got around to trying the G17 yet which is why we got the MarkIII to begin with. Not stainless but still a great firearm in great shape.

I also know better than trading anything to those con artists and always better to sell yourself outright and go back with cash……some of those offers they toss out there are laughless jokes.

I’ve been checking out several .22 pistols for her but just haven’t finalized it yet since money has been going other places lately. G44/MarkIV/Ruger SR22/Walther P22 are where I am at currently for her but haven’t made my mind up either way.

1781 - 1800 of 1807 Posts