Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1801 - 1812 of 1812 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
I’ve been checking out several .22 pistols for her but just haven’t finalized it yet since money has been going other places lately. G44/MarkIV/Ruger SR22/Walther P22 are where I am at currently for her but haven’t made my mind up either way.
I have a GSG Firefly that is a real nice shooting 22LR. My nephew and my shooting buddy also have one and we all like them. Finicky with ammo and need to be clean, but that's how a lot of 22s are.

Feels really good in the hand. Use be the Sig Mosquito.

https://grabagun.com/bsearch/result...5efdbf0c59a-1628196318-0-gqNtZGzNAiKjcnBszQnO

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I’ve been checking out several .22 pistols for her but just haven’t finalized it yet since money has been going other places lately. G44/MarkIV/Ruger SR22/Walther P22 are where I am at currently for her but haven’t made my mind up either way.
My daughter and I spent a good bit testing 22 Semi-autos. She’s small, at 27 frequently gets mistaken for 12. Her hands are literally half the size of mine.

Back in 2012, we tried every 22 Semi-auto on the market. All of them except the Mk’s had failures. But those are too large and heavy for her. All of them were ammo picky.

So, she settled on the Walther P22 (upgraded by Walther, before they released the P22Q). It’s a great gun… with the right ammo. The trick is finding the “right” ammo for it. What’s crazy is not all P22’s like the same ammo. Mine, has only been flawless with Mini-Mags. I’ve tried every other 22LR I could find and couldn’t get more than three or four rounds through it without some issue. Mini-Mags… We have put over 7,000 rounds of Mini-mags through with zero issues.

Would I buy another one… nope. Not even the Q. Everyone I know, have talked to, have read about, has had the same results, just not always with the same ammo. Some people only have flawless shooting with white box, or green box or blazer, or whatever. But no one I know has ever had flawless shooting with more than one type.

If you want a full size semi 22, get an M&P S&W22. I love mine. It eats everything I put through it, without fail. 8,000 rounds of a mix of everything including the ammo the P22 choked on.

If I wanted a P22 sized semi, I would get the M&P 22 Compact. It has none of the problems the P22 does. I don’t own one, but I’ve put near a 1,000 rounds of all kinds of 22 through a friend’s. And they have near 12,000 through by themselves. Heck, I still may get one.

Reactions: mattman17

·
Premium Member
36,069 Posts
If you want a full size semi 22, get an M&P S&W22. I love mine.
Ditto. If you can find one. I have all three barrel sizes, love the guns. Great sights, very accurate.

·
Premium Member
2,678 Posts
Took all three grandkids out to the BLM yesterday. Brought their 2 mp 15-22's and the Mossberg 715T. Also the Walther P22 and the Ruger SR22.
The kids had a blast!! I set up targets out to about 35yds and everyone got a chance to test their skills. They were even hitting the little spinner target I brought. I've taken them out with the rifles a couple times, but this was the first time I let them shoot pistols. The 2 older ones liked the pistols but the younger ones hands are still a little small to get a good purchase. He still did well.
I spent a lot of time teaching them good muzzle control and " keep your booger hook off the bang switch". The youngest even got to experience clearing jams. The Mossberg had a couple of stovepipes. We were shooting Remmy Thunderbolts. The Walther had a couple stovepipipes too. Both times were with the youngest so might have been due to limp wristing.
The finale was when I brought out the RIA 1911 chambered in 22tcm and they all took a couple shots, even the youngest.
Oh, and my wife even shot the .357! A good and safe time was had by all.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,475 Posts
I need to blow off some 22lr this week, some of the Old Dad cache is pretty old and in the right guns it won't alarm the neighbors at all

·
Premium Member
36,069 Posts
Went out with a church group shooting mostly shotguns, ran the Ithaca a bit. Love that gun. One guy had a Browning BPS, same basic idea, same barrel length, same bottom eject, but holy cow, was that barrel heavy! I can put 4 in the tube, his only held 3, but he had a full rib on the thing. Can't imagine that added that much weight, so it has to be the barrel.

One good ol' boy had an old 870 Express he bought 15 years back...it would get hot and jam up. He said maybe he should clean it...for the first time ever!🤣
Another had a Ruger Standard like mine, but 5 years older, from his grandpa. Sweet shooter.
Let the group each take a few shots with the suppressed Victory pistol...they loved that.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,475 Posts
Yesterday
Took the DEAGLE 44 MAG over to an old friend's place, he's considering buying it. It ran very well, and we also shot some 22lr in 2 guns, a regular Henry and a poly 10/22. These both shot very nicely and I was shooting rifles lefty for the first time and was quite pleased with that. Just a little practice and I think I will be doing just about as good as right and won't have to fuss with a complex left eye & right hand arrangement.
The Henry was a bit awkward going southpaw

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
This girl looks like she is about to have a lot of fun with a .45 Auto full automatic:

Smile Shoe Eyewear Air gun Luggage and bags

Reactions: Rerun and Dagwood

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
I gifted my senior nephew with a Marlin Model 60SB and 1050 rounds of Remington Golden 36 grn HP ammunition in hopes that he'll ask me out to the range soon.

I have a 10/22 that I want to unlimber.

eldar

1801 - 1812 of 1812 Posts