Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1821 - 1840 of 1860 Posts

·
Banned
7,114 Posts
Shot my Ruger Standard 22, Colt Woodsman 22, and Zastava M70 today.
Had some problem initially with the Ruger, once it got hot it ran fine. Think I need to clean the mags.
Woodsman...perfection.
The Zastava "Little Bee", shot fine but the shooter couldn't hit dead center for nothing 🥵 and here's what I don't understand.
I was using a target similar to this:

View attachment 74921

I shot the Zastava at the center target at 7yds, I was all around the bullseye but never dead center and most were in the outer rings.

So I switch down to the lower left target, 1st shot right thru the center, couldn't have been more in the center.

So what's different??? Just about every time I use a target like this it's the same thing, I get better hits on the lower targets than the upper ones.
Just a wild guess only! Is that target on the board more centered at the lower level? Perhaps the lower ones are more at eye level for you than the upper ones?

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Just a wild guess only! Is that target on the board more centered at the lower level? Perhaps the lower ones are more at eye level for you than the upper ones?
The lower 2 targets are approximately 42-48" off the floor, the upper targets are more at eye level, next time I go back I'll make some mental notes of it.

Shot my Type 38 Arisaka yesterday!!! Only shot 20 rounds but it shot just fine. I'm going to have to start reloading!!! Recoil wasn't bad, at least compared to my M48 Yugo Mauser, put 30 rounds thru that. The Arisaka seemed to shoot high and the Mauser seemed to shoot low.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
I would have shot the Arisaka more if the price of the ammo was lower 🥵 At almost $2.50/rnd what I did shoot was close to $50 worth!!!

I did save all my brass, may have to look into reloading after all.
For that type of gun, the Lee Loader whack-a-mole is perfect. Good luck finding one. Or the Hand Press, with the normal dies.

I got another gun. The KE Arms polymer lower in FDE as only $90, which is less than a budget $60 lower, $25 buttstock and tax.
Just put it together and pinned it onto my truck gun upper, ran it to make sure it functions well.

[
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun

Now I have to do a bunch of mixing and matching.
I swapped out the black muzzle brake for a stainless, I have a different upper built with a black barrel and handguard, but I have another FDE handguard coming, I think I want this stainless barrel in a black handguard, I have the FDE grip and stock carbine lower off the truck gun waiting to be pinned on something, I suddenly realized I have the 2 stage Larue trigger in my Dissapator lower, so that has to be put in a gun with a scope.....ARGGHHHHH!!!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
I posted using Chrome on a PC, the host site of the picture is in the Google-verse, I can see it using Chrome on an iPad, but in Safari on the same iPad, I can’t see it.

It’s 100% the CRAP software these forums are using.

Can’t even post the link as text, the software insists on rendering it into a link.

Downloaded to my iPad, tried to attach it.....nope. Wait....WTActual F??? I now see a pile of attachments on the post I WASN’T freaking editing!!!

Deleted 3 of the 4, hit insert, hit save....it’s gone? I can’t see any attachments.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
@ajole - I can still see it, no problem. 5+ year old Acer Chromebook using giggle

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,177 Posts
For that type of gun, the Lee Loader whack-a-mole is perfect. Good luck finding one. Or the Hand Press, with the normal dies.

I got another gun. The KE Arms polymer lower in FDE as only $90, which is less than a budget $60 lower, $25 buttstock and tax.
Just put it together and pinned it onto my truck gun upper, ran it to make sure it functions well.

[ View attachment 74936

Now I have to do a bunch of mixing and matching.
I swapped out the black muzzle brake for a stainless, I have a different upper built with a black barrel and handguard, but I have another FDE handguard coming, I think I want this stainless barrel in a black handguard, I have the FDE grip and stock carbine lower off the truck gun waiting to be pinned on something, I suddenly realized I have the 2 stage Larue trigger in my Dissapator lower, so that has to be put in a gun with a scope.....ARGGHHHHH!!!

Yeah I was looking at those too - super light weight and addresses the one weak point of polymer lowers - making it all one piece!!! Let me know how she runs.

I think the safety selector is a bit different - at least the spring and pin - I forget the exact parts but I do remember there is a difference between this and mil spec.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Yeah I was looking at those too - super light weight and addresses the one weak point of polymer lowers - making it all one piece!!! Let me know how she runs.

I think the safety selector is a bit different - at least the spring and pin - I forget the exact parts but I do remember there is a difference between this and mil spec.
Sky Mountain Machine gun Air gun Trigger
Sky Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel

It’s my second one, the other one is black. I haven’t butt stroked anyone, but I think they’re plenty solid. Also short LOP...I checked the OAL of the rifle against a 6 position carbine collapsed all the way down, and the carbine is only about 1.5 inches shorter, kind of A1 length, I think.

The safety is very different. You can use Milspec, or an ambi unit, but if you do, you aren’t swapping it out without drilling it. Since the grip doesn’t come off, there’s no way to put the spring and detent in, or take it out, like usual. You also have to set the trigger in without pinning in place, BEFORE the safety, so...you also can’t swap the trigger unless you use their safety, which can be removed, as it’s a 2 piece unit.

Here’s what going on...there’s a vertical hole In the right side plate, centered in the hole the safety will go into, perpendicular to the safety. So, with the lower in normal orientation, pistol grip down, the regular safety spring drops in. Then, there’s a special detent that comes with the lower, same size as milspec, but no rim or notch. You set it on the spring. You then put the safety in from the left side, and like doing the front takedown pin, you hold the detent down with a punch as you push the safety into the hole in the right side. Once it’s in....there’s no way to depress the detent to remove the safety. I mean....maybe some lock pick master could slide something super skinny in there...?

So...if that’s an issue, buy their proprietary safety.
Also, the buffer retention pin is held in with a roll pin (included) that crosses the stock. Some people say they just don’t bother with that buffer retention pin, even on regular ARs. Not required to run, one less thing to break.

And the take down pins are included as well. Not retained, just pins with detent balls, they can be put in from either side, but they come all the way out when removed. Easy to use.

I swapped uppers...mid gas, 16” 1:8 BCA barrel. I also put an MLOK QD point on the butt.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Reactions: undeRGRound
1821 - 1840 of 1860 Posts