Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1881 - 1897 of 1897 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Took the Ruger Mark 1 and the American rim fire out. The pistol has a trigger so light I think someone fiddled with it, I had two accidentals and it didn’t reset once. But it shoots.

The rifle does too. But the trigger is the usual Ruger crap, even though it’s their nifty bladed unit. Can’t understand why they can’t make a decent trigger, it’s got to be 5-6 pounds.

Reactions: histed

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Took the Ruger Mark 1 and the American rim fire out. The pistol has a trigger so light I think someone fiddled with it, I had two accidentals and it didn’t reset once. But it shoots.

The rifle does too. But the trigger is the usual Ruger crap, even though it’s their nifty bladed unit. Can’t understand why they can’t make a decent trigger, it’s got to be 5-6 pounds.
Found the same thing with the 10/22. Mine maxed out at 8+ pounds from the factory. A BX-2 trigger brought it down to 2.5 - 3 pounds. Love the rifle. Hated the trigger.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Found the same thing with the 10/22. Mine maxed out at 8+ pounds from the factory. A BX-2 trigger brought it down to 2.5 - 3 pounds. Love the rifle. Hated the trigger.
It’s ridiculous. For the money, they should be giving me a better trigger. I can buy a CZ with a threaded barrel and an adjustable trigger for less money, but it won’t take Ruger mags. Utterly ridiculous.

Okay, time out. The American Rimfire trigger is adjustable for pull weight, (the CZ allows adjusting weight, over travel, and pre-travel, or take up) but you have to take the action out of the stock. Says I can get it to three pounds. I’ll be seeing about that.

But it’s still ridiculous. I’ve never bothered adjusting the CZ’s, they were excellent from the factory.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,880 Posts
One mag thru the Hellcat, today. (13 rounds) Sure do need a silhouette target and frame, need to get that dang Dot set up better. It's off just enough to mess me up for one or 2 shots before I just say heck with it and use the irons. Still putting all shots in about a 6x6 area, but I need a true zero. If I have a need to draw, I won't be taking time to activate the Dot anyway.

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Silhouette and frame? Draw a dot on a paper plate and get after it. Dang youngsters, always gotta have the new fangled crap. Heck, we shot sticks and cigarette butts back in my day. I mean, do you even Amazon? LOTS of free targets….just don’t leave your name on the box if you “leave them for the next guy”.😉

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
I shot 50rds of wwb 115gr fmj’s through the CX4 Storm Today. Started at 25yds. Kinda was all over the place. I was pulling due to the trigger. The trigger is pretty bad. I like the trigger on my 995 better And that’s pretty bad.
once I gotta feel for it I was getting a little tighter groups. Hopefully the trigger will brake in a bit, or I’ll get used to it. At ten yds of course I was hitting much better.
25yds is the max at my indoor range. My old eyes are telling me I need an optic. The irons are good, it’s my eyes that suck haha.
the Beretta ran like a clock though, I was pretty impressed other than the trigger. The case it comes in is pretty bas ass too. I dig it.

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
M&P 40
G20
LR308
AR15
AK47
Stanley

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Stanley????
Sports equipment Ball Tool Auto part Font

You figured out how to make a tape measure shoot? Dang it, Rach, share the wealth!!! Is it fully semiautomatic?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
So I shouldn't mention digital tape measures or laser meters and range finders?
Mention away. I'm alway eager to learn. Just the one you showed brings up many more questions.
Video game console Gadget Font Video game accessory Auto part
Lethal range? Optimum range? Optics ready? Does it take Glock mags? Is it mil spec? How do I polish the feed ramp?

• Haha
Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
A rare and unusual Hi Point Assult Hammer!!!!! Even Melvin doesn't have THIS model! But I'm shocked that a solid jarhead like you doesnt have lights, lasers, night optics and all the other essential attachments. Still, I'mpretty sure this is bannedin Cali.

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Mention away. I'm alway eager to learn. Just the one you showed brings up many more questions.
View attachment 76374 Lethal range? Optimum range? Optics ready? Does it take Glock mags? Is it mil spec? How do I polish the feed ramp?
If you have to ask….you aren’t ready.😎

1881 - 1897 of 1897 Posts