Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1901 - 1908 of 1908 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,917 Posts
We got the Glock 22 with a 9 mm barrel out, testing the 13 lb spring. Makes the shells land two feet away, instead of on my shoes, so that’s a good thing.

We shot the SIL’s AR10 (yeah, it’s not an Armalite, but I don’t care). Weirdness. New LaRue trigger was great, but the bolt wasn’t retracting all the way back. It would feed, usually, but it wouldn’t lock open. Steel case ammo, I think that contributed, but the fact is the bolt isn’t moving far enough back, just barely clearing the rims. Can’t make it go further back with the CH either.
SIL headed to No. Dakota for a 4 week swing, so I’ll have to start looking at things and comparing it to mine. I know the spring and buffer are carbine units, should be the right lengths. The upper and lower and parts kit are all Aero. I think the BCG is as well. I’m wondering if there’s something in the buffer tube, just because that would be so ridiculous.
U said it's a carbine length spring. But check for a rifle length anyway. If the CH does not make it go back far enough, CHECK EVERYTHING. Who knows?

U will fix it, but recheck everything J.I.C.!!

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,257 Posts
I needed a mental health day, as I am sure some of you have noticed I haven't been on as much. I got a new job... while staying on with the old company part time... talk about burning the candle at both ends...

But I do have "extra" disposable income!! lol

Speaking of which I finally got the Canik Mete out along with two other handguns. I went to the range with my old boss (forced into retirement lol). Was fun and yeah, the Canik trigger is everything everyone says it is, especially considering that is a stock trigger. I have an old TP9, it shoots nice, but they have really improved their triggers. They werent horrible before but man... anyway get a Canik if you don't have one.

My Zaffari Precission has a Boogeyman Customs Excommunicado trigger, so it is close, but edge goes to Canik.

The PSA with the Swampfox upper is basically a Glock, trigger is a little different, but not much. Still like it though, used to the feel of Glock triggers I guess.

Oh and just FYI, not sure if any of you other Canik owners have gotten the Taylor Freelance Magazine extensions for the Canik (aka +4) but they work GREAT. Not one hiccup and turned TP9 18 round mags in 22 rounds of fun!!!

Just got done cleaning them all up, so here they are!!!

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Material property Gun accessory
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Ammunition

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,346 Posts
I needed a mental health day, as I am sure some of you have noticed I haven't been on as much. I got a new job... while staying on with the old company part time... talk about burning the candle at both ends...

But I do have "extra" disposable income!! lol

Speaking of which I finally got the Canik Mete out along with two other handguns. I went to the range with my old boss (forced into retirement lol). Was fun and yeah, the Canik trigger is everything everyone says it is, especially considering that is a stock trigger. I have an old TP9, it shoots nice, but they have really improved their triggers. They werent horrible before but man... anyway get a Canik if you don't have one.

My Zaffari Precission has a Boogeyman Customs Excommunicado trigger, so it is close, but edge goes to Canik.

The PSA with the Swampfox upper is basically a Glock, trigger is a little different, but not much. Still like it though, used to the feel of Glock triggers I guess.

Oh and just FYI, not sure if any of you other Canik owners have gotten the Taylor Freelance Magazine extensions for the Canik (aka +4) but they work GREAT. Not one hiccup and turned TP9 18 round mags in 22 rounds of fun!!!

Just got done cleaning them all up, so here they are!!!

View attachment 76543 View attachment 76541 View attachment 76542
Ive seen those extensions and thought about getting them. Still am on the fence about them only because I really don't need them. Want is another story

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,257 Posts
Ive seen those extensions and thought about getting them. Still am on the fence about them only because I really don't need them. Want is another story
Yeah, need would mean we would all only have a couple firearms... we have what we have due to WANT!!! lol

Get one or two!!

But yes, I have at least one extended mag for every pistol I own now. I remember the days I was vanilla, now I use magwells and extended mags... not crazy extended like the +10's... I still want it to fit in a certain size envelope.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,917 Posts
Taylor Freelance makes good stuff. I bought 3 of the SLUG PLUGS for glunks, got a spare, one in the G20/21 frame, and one in the G34. 3.5 oz right in the base, negates recoil superbly! The G34 prolly really does not need it, I might remove that one, but the G20/21 really makes a noticeable difference, shooting hot and heavy 10mm and 460rowland. Great product! I'd imagine their mag extension is a good piece too.

I don't see myself buying too many more guns... ? But Sonny-Boi's Canik is awesome, he loved it right out of the box, perhaps the best shooter he has, outright. That's saying a lot, and he has the skills to push the distance, unlike me 😁

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Ran a hundred rounds of good (or bad, lol) Remington Golden Bullets through one of my 10/22's this morning. Brought the ole girl home for a good cleaning...Golden Bullets are dirty!

Love my 10/22's!

·
Premium Member
26,360 Posts
Ran a hundred rounds of good (or bad, lol) Remington Golden Bullets through one of my 10/22's this morning. Brought the ole girl home for a good cleaning...Golden Bullets are dirty!

Love my 10/22's!
It's Remington. They did a lot of dirty stuff...

Reactions: Hipointer

·
Premium Member
36,948 Posts
U said it's a carbine length spring. But check for a rifle length anyway. If the CH does not make it go back far enough, CHECK EVERYTHING. Who knows?

U will fix it, but recheck everything J.I.C.!!
Yep, I checked everything, checked it twice, had to find out what parts were naughty or nice.

Nothing wrong but the buffer. Shot it today with the grandson. New one runs perfect, gun shoots cloverleafs at 25 using good old $8 a box Perfecta. The 100 yard area had a family shooting a pile of stuff, so we didn’t bother them. The SIL can wring it out when he gets back from NoDak.

1901 - 1908 of 1908 Posts