Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

DO you OC or CC or both?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carry my Hi Point C9 OC only now. My Taurus PT111 is my go to CC gun but I OC it too. I also OC or CC my CZ 82.

In Michigan OC is legal and OC with a CPL allows me to carry in most of the pistol free zones. As a result I carry OC more often than CC.

·
1,792 Posts
CC an XD9 service or a cobra patriot 9mm. Depends on my mood I suppose.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
CC my Ruger SP101 .357 around town and on trips. OC that, a different handgun, or even a rifle/shotgun when out backpacking or camping.

·
U.S.S.
2,267 Posts
Daily CC is my PT-145, used to be the C-9. Will also OC either from time to time. Recently picked up a PT-1911 so I'm going to see how I fit that into the rotation. Have an IWB holster coming for it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I carry my C9 concealed and I'm actually looking at someone to show me some gunfighting skills.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Normaly I always have my Taurus605ss 2" snub .357mag . I cc in general public areas like stores and resraunts . Open carry when walking out in the country and while driving place to place .. Also open carry after I just ate too much and feel fat .. :D Thats most of the time . :yes:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Conceal carry my Springfield 1911 or my 92FS.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
daily concealed carry my CZ 100 in 9mm. It's the only pistol I'm aware of that has a barrel stop that is dovetailed into the top of the frame, that allows you to rack the slide one handed. Or, since the rear sight is also dovetailed into the slide and it is super strong,you can also rack the slide by holding the rear sight up against any strong edged surface,,,then just push down and the slide is racked back, then let the slide go forward, loading a round into the chamber.For people wth disabilities, and have use of only 1 hand,this pistol is just what the dr. ordered.

·
Registered
20 Posts
cc only allowed here. I cc a kel-tec p-11 or c-9 iwb with buffalo bore 147 gr hp's and/or pocket a jeminez ja22 with stingers. Honestly, I carry the ja22 more, since my main concern is crawley's, but the 9 is always in console.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I pretty much only CC. Sometimes my C9, but always my NAA mini that I can just slip in my pocket. I'm a Chiropractor in a small town, don't want to scare anyone off! :devilsidesmile:

I'm not opposed to OC, I did do that going back and forth from the range, I just can't do it all the time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I pretty much only CC. Sometimes my C9, but always my NAA mini that I can just slip in my pocket. I'm a Chiropractor in a small town, don't want to scare anyone off! :devilsidesmile:

I'm not opposed to OC, I did do that going back and forth from the range, I just can't do it all the time.
That's one reason why I wanted my concealed permit, as I'm a Lutheran pastor, and I don't want my church to be known around town as the church with that gun toting preacher (even though I am).

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I think we'd be surprised at the number of professional people who carry concealed. Of course we can't bring it up because the "sheep" (more literal in your case than in mine ;)) might not react well to it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I think we'd be surprised at the number of professional people who carry concealed. Of course we can't bring it up because the "sheep" (more literal in your case than in mine ;)) might not react well to it.
I know of two other Church ( ministers - pastors ) that conceal carry all the time .. One of them is our church pastors .. The Shepard has to protect the sheep . ;D

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I feel the same way about my patients. When they are under my roof, they are my responsibility. The Chiropractor I go to carries, although that is at least partially my influence, and one of the big examples that they cite for the importance of concealed carry legality involves a Chiropractor.

With some of the recent Church shootings, and just as general principle, I think it's great that you, and at least some of your peers, carry. I know the official stance of the churches is one of pacifism, but even pacifists have the right to defend themselves. Not to mention that you are in the perfect position to see whether or not that late comer to the service has malevolent intent.

all

·
Registered
762 Posts
I OC or CC depending on the situation and how I feel that day. I try to OC whenever I can to spread the word about gun ownership and to acclimate the public to good guys owning guns. Not to mention the deterrent effect of having a full size 45 strapped to your hip.....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts