What do you think? What to oil, what to grease, etc.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by desktopgrass, Oct 9, 2014.

1. desktopgrass

desktopgrass Member

I have a mid 90's Model C (no last round hold open, fixed sights, shiny slide).

I was going to send it in to be fixed for a few issues but I'm afraid I will get a newer model back so I decided to fix it myself.

I received new parts today such as re-coil spring, firing pin and springs sear spring and sear cam.

My question is this, what parts should I oil, what parts should I grease and what kind of grease?

Any other input is also welcome.

This is the pistol in question.

Attached Files:

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

This is by far the best HP video out there, just ignore the fact he's using a .45
    its close enough.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Zse-6w4Ok[/ame]

It doesn't hurt to take some fine sandpaper and make a couple of passes on the inside of the slide where you see any wear marks.
    By this I mean the left and right insides.
    Couple of drops of oil in the firing pin channel.

[​IMG]

If you take the RH grip off just a drop of light oil on the trigger bits that move and rub on the frame.

[​IMG]

3. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

If only someone would write some sort of guide to cleaning, lubricating and gun maintenance. Maybe they could focus on doing it as reasonably inexpensive as possible. Maybe even make a Hi Point specific version which would be available to Premium HPFF members.

That'd be pretty cool, right?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

You a bad man Kirk ;)

6. jcwit

jcwit Member

Lucas Red & Sticky grease works wonders and doesn't creep.

7. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Old school. I like it. :D

8. desktopgrass

desktopgrass Member

I put such a publication in my cart to purchase and I noticed I could enter a promo code, but alas I have no code for even a token discount.

9. desktopgrass

desktopgrass Member

Thanks. I didn't think about the gun being a bit of history until I read about owners returning them to mom and getting back newer product. I figured alot of these older c9 are being melted down so I got sentimental.

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The promo code is a generic entry box on lulu. There is no promo code issued for that product. However if you join HPFF as a premium member you can access a HP version in the dark rooms.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

11. desktopgrass

desktopgrass Member

I now own my very own copy of "The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance." Now I just need to figure out how to open and read it.

12. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

13. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

okay, just tore mine completely down for the first time, the video was a big help, just followed along, went great