Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 40 of 87 Posts
G

·
First and foremost a rail for a laser. Secondly the safety does make it look cheap. I will also agree on the grips and mags. But for the price we can not expect HP to fix any of this except the mags. I wish there were more companies that would produce accessories, such as Pachmyr and others. It is a pain to have to hunt and pick through stuff for other guns and adapt them to ours. If we can figure this crap out why can't some of these accessoriess manufacturers do and make stuff for us HP lovers. Some bling would be cool but we can do somethings our selves to make them look a lil better. Before everyone starts flaming me, I like the look of the C9. I don't think it is ugly at all. But there are things that would make it prettier but if HP did it it would add $$$$ to the price of a great gun.

· Registered
746 Posts
I also dream of double stack mags, but it's not going to happen. So be it.
The .45 is big and heavy, but I'm cool with it. In a way, I think that's one thing I may honestly like about the .45. It's a beast and a show stopper at the range.

· Premium Member
150 Posts
1. Nose-dives in the feed ramp
2. Poor balance on the .40 & .45 (the old alloy frame was better balanced)
3. The slide should be skinnier on the .380acp. Even if they have to use a stronger recoil spring and shock absorber like Cobra and Jimenez Arms.
4. The ridge that runs down the sides on the slide. It is sharp and just weird looking. The slide serations should also be lowered to where the ridge is currently. They are too high on the slide. That is not where you naturally want to grab the slide to rack it.
5. I don't feel safe carrying a HP with a round in the chamber. If they could change to double action only and the striker was uncocked after each cycle that would be cool. This would raise the price but I would pay and extra 10% or so for this peace of mind and readiness.
6. They need to beef up the metal in the front of the slide just under the muzzle. This is a weak spot.

I do own two Hi-Points but these are the improvements I would make if I owned the company.

G

·
the weight is annoying, but i suppose that's required for a blowback operation, which is the big reason behind the reliability and low price. i'd also like a higher magazine capacity. .02

· Registered
62 Posts
I'm really surprised that no-one wished for better sights on these guns. Mine has an integral front sight with adjustable rear sight. If it had a dove tailed front sight , I would be able to replace it with night sights of some sort (tritium would be nice).

I have thought about taking it to a gunsmith to see if it could be drilled and inserted with better sights. I'm older and my eyes are not as good as they once were. What good is a home protection gun when I can't see the sights in the dim lighting of night time?

Semper Fi, smoke 'em if ya' got 'em.

G

·
Empty case control. My C-9 just tosses the emptys all over the range. Sometimes it will dump them into my range bag. My Kay-Tec, trys to put the emptys into my shirt pocket. 8^| But the HP Just tosses them anywhere. Gee I shoot about 100 rounds, then spend a 1/2 hour looking for my brass. I'm too cheep to leave them on the range. Sometimes I clean up OPB (other peoples brass) that they left on the range.

Perhaps we should have an "art" contest for the most creative way the HP piles empty brass.

Seriously, I'd like a slide release lever, like the 1911's.

Cheers! and have a good shooting weekend.

G

·
3. Possibly the best thing would be if every person who's ever heard the name Hi-Point would STFU about how crappy of a firearm they are. Unfortunately the company can't do much about that.

Other than that, so far I dig it.
Amen to that Brother

· Registered
142 Posts
So far, the thing I dont like is how long it's taking for my dealer to get one. Ordered my C9 on 3/22, and none of their distributors have them. Looks like it could be a couple more weeks.

· Registered
409 Posts
I really have no problem except I would love it if they put a slide release lever on it. Thats the only thing they need to change

· Premium Member
96 Posts
Same here. After looking for one local and being told they can't give me a date as to when they can get them, and not being able to give me a price because "I think the price just went up on them" I bought a C9 off Gunbroker and having it sent to my ffl. Easy

· Registered
62 Posts
Still looking for a way to put night sights on mine. I am told by one gunsmith I could have a dovetail machined into the front of the slide, but the rear sight poses a real problem. Nothing out there that will fit the adjustable rear sight.

If it's dark in your home when the bad guys show up, you can't see the sights. Without usable sights I would be just poking out there and pull the trigger. I'd have to be pretty darn close to resort to that, So I put the XD9 with tritium night sigths in the night stand and the Hi Point goes in the living room by the front door.

Semper Fi, Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.