Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

· Premium Member
1,155 Posts
4. The ridge that runs down the sides on the slide. It is sharp and just weird looking. The slide serations should also be lowered to where the ridge is currently. They are too high on the slide. That is not where you naturally want to grab the slide to rack it..
I second the motion. So: three suggestions:

1) This one
2) Previous comments about the safety lever
3) MODS: move to Hi-Point Suggestions.

G

·
I don't like

The weight of the .45, feels like a brick.

I don't like the slide hitting the webbing between my thumb and finger on the C9 when I fire it, I have big hands.

I don't like the slick plastic grip on either model.

I don't like the FTF's

I don't like the plastic on the bottom of the .45 mags.

Now for what I do like,

The price, but you get what you pay for.

The warranty, best in the business.

Customer Service, they go out of their way for customers.

· Registered
929 Posts
Don Perry said:
If it's dark in your home when the bad guys show up, you can't see the sights. Without usable sights I would be just poking out there and pull the trigger. I'd have to be pretty darn close to resort to that, So I put the XD9 with tritium night sigths in the night stand and the Hi Point goes in the living room by the front door.

personally, i keep my C9 with me until I go to bed, then I have my 16 ga. loaded with a flashlight nearby. use teh flashlight to verify your target ( never shoot at what you can't see), and set the choke for max spread.... oh, and make sure to have something to clean your walls with...

G

·
No kidding! That's the only thing that I don't like, gotta be a way to make the bottom of the mag smaller.
ok at the moment i have disected a mag that was unusable it would do.
1.) reduce the mag cap.
2.)look nice though.

but i just had bad thoughts about splicing a drum mag to it.

kekeke
30 rounds of hi point love

· Registered
1,954 Posts
Different sights are not a problem for me, tons of ambient light in my house, plus I have great night vision, I like carrots. If you really want to get creative, they do sell good glow in the dark paint that you could use over the existing paint on the sights.

1. A flux capacitor would be great, then I can shoot the motherf-er before he even knows I'm going to. :shock:
2. Accessory rail would be nice. I would love to be able to mount and unmount a laser/tac-light without extensive effort.
3. It would be great if there were no difference between the C9 and C9 Comp. They should be the same gun, IMO.
4. Higher capacity mag would be nice, I can do a 10+1 on my C9 but it would be nice to take out that 12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th motherf-er before I have to reload. Plus I wouldn't have to have so many laying around. :roll:
5. Interchangeable grips, mag release button, safety, trigger, so I can pimp my C9. 8)
6. Reduce break-in time with a factory polished feed ramp. All HP has to do is not paint the feed ramp, pretty much.

Mostly the things I would change are cosmetic. I love the size and the weight, I'm a big guy with big hands. I have no problems ccw-ing my C9.

· Registered
105 Posts
--

Hey, my first post!

I just bought a JHP .45 and I really like it. I'm a 1911 shooter, who sold all of his guns 15 years ago to get cash for a month that I was without income. Fast forward to today, and I have a handgun again, thanks to Hi-Point! I added the Hogue universal grips and it feels like a completely different pistol. I can't say enough about that, I love the Hogue grip.

Here's my wish list:

1) Polished feed ramp
2) New Grips, but, again, the Hogue grip solves this, mostly
3) Larger Safety Catch

I also like the look of the aluminum trigger that someone else posted. I also would like to see a real slide catch/release. More aftermarket support would be nice, but I think that this will happen as the owner base increases and aftermarket companies sit up and take notice.

On the base of the magazine, I dig the big plastic bumper. But then, I had rubber bumpers on my 1911 mags too. IMO, it makes for a more positive magazine insertion.

Overall, thanks Hi-Point, for a great weapon!

· Registered
2,840 Posts
Only things I would really change,

1. Smaller magazine floor plate I'd be willing to sacrifice a round from the mag for a more flush fitting one.
2. Non slip rubber grip panels.
3. Pic rail for lights/lasers on all models.
4. Make 10 round mags interchangeable for all pistols/carbines within the same caliber.

Everything else is pretty much go to go for me.

· Premium Member
380 Posts
What would I change?
1. Easier field strip, a pin like on the LCP or EAA Witness or something, not requiring tools. Hence the term "field strip".
2. Available rubberized grips. I would be satisfied if someone made them aftermarket, but they would cost half the price of the gun then.
3. Smaller floorplate for the 40 and 45 magazine. On the C9 10 rounder it is actually convenient, on the others, its just in the way, and huge.
(Yes I would gladly surrender a round to achieve this.)

· Registered
6 Posts
I am a newbe to the forum. I saw your message about moving
savety up and down.
I bought a jcp 40 a couple weeks ago and was having a little trouble.
What I found out was that I was putting my finger on the trigger and
the path would not line up. So, all you have to do is jiggle the
trigger and it will work fine. The safety locks the trigger. If you
have been playing with the trigger the path gets off. Also, the
magazine needs to be removed in order to revove the slide. If you have
trouble pushing safety up, jiggle the trigger, it will go up easly.

I like my jcp 40 and hope this little info will work for you.
Comet one

· Registered
1,184 Posts
Lets see....

My biggest complaint would be the grips, it would be nice to have some choice in the mean time the Hogue slip on work very well on both my C-9's and my JHP.

As for their size and looks, the size of the slide is necessary for the blow-back design, and for looks I think they are Bad A** look'n guns I added the laser to the 45 and now she has a total don't "F "with me look to her.

The lack of "after market parts is a problem for now, but if you spend some time searching you can usually find what you need, I found a holster on eBay that would accommodate my 45 with the laser, a perfect fit with no drag on the draw.

· Registered
31 Posts
A Hi Point is what it is for the price point, making alot of these changes would be nice and also expensive. :devilsidesmile:
That being said the major sore spot IMHO is the quality of the mags witch seem to be an ongoing issue for reliability though the line. In my situation JHP and 995 firsthand knowledge. :cry2:
Somebody make some GOOD solid mags and I for one would be a VERY happy HP owner.

· Registered
62 Posts
I don't like the weight of the pistol . I have a Springfeild XD9, Smith& wesson Sigma 9, and a kel tec 9mm , all of which are lighter by leaps and bounds. A more practical upgrade would be actual blueing on the slide or anodizing or something.

Semper Fi.

· Registered
105 Posts
I love the weight of the pistol. It weighs the same as my buddy's Springfield 1911. Well, almost. The 1911 weighs 2 lbs 5 oz, the Hi-Point, 2 lbs 11 oz, unloaded. If it were all steel, I think it woudl weigh about 4 pounds.

Let me add that I would also like to see an ambidextrous safety. The slide is slotted for it, the safety is a stamped piece of steel, which would be cheap to change, so why not? Otherwise, how can we go Lara Croft on the Hi-Point?

· Registered
768 Posts
Ambi safety, and thats all I got I love mine

· Registered
52 Posts
Own a few guns but must say I love my HPs. 380 is great for what it is, 45 is ok not great but only thing I dislike is the mag bottom on the 45.

· Registered
56 Posts
Would like an ambi. safety and mag. release for us lefties,and with the cost to re-work so many returns and send free mags. and such it seems getting it right the first time...checking each weapon and mag. before it leaves the shop would reduce rework expense,increase reputation and not increase consumer cost. As stated in another post my .45 is fine after I tweaked it. The C9 went back and still isn't right so it has become a closet queen.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.