What gun Accessories or parts did you buy today

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by ArmyRover, Sep 30, 2016.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

In my Small Arms Solutions continuing education series they are the original Colt style from back in the day. I don't care if they fall out. I like it when it's easy to "stick it in!" ;)

ajole likes this.
  2. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Getting married again Trash??????? Or, talking a Rental Unit? :)

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

I prefer girls that perform for a cheeseburger.

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Ordered a stripped Aero .308 lower ($165) and Aero enhanced LPK ($80)

$245 and free shipping, $20 BGC when it gets here. Already had the .308 A2 stock kit I picked up for $80. That has me with a fully functional SR-25-esque AR10 lower for $350-ish.

TNTRAILERTRASH and ajole like this.
  5. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

My chrome slick side BCG from Fulton Armory came with the cotter pin. I was miffed. $180 for a period correct BCG and they f’d up the retainer. I bought one from AR15SPORT and slipped it right in. I attempted to spread the tines just a little to try and get a little more friction. Might have to tinker with it some more. There is another one in the mail in case I jack it up.

6. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

Here’s a spare retainer.
    IMG_0722.jpg

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  7. Rachgier

So I got the email today, my lower should be sitting at the FFL Monday or Tuesday.

And for some reason I didn't math the tax. All in, my complete lower will be just under $400, with a two-stage trigger.

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

I am waiting on a back ordered NCStar upper block. Nobody has them. I am considering an alternative. I am 180* out from lining up my barrel nut on a 14.5" upper. And it's already super tight. :mad:

9. Rachgier

That's what shims are for.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  10. TNTRAILERTRASH

Can it be shimmed without removing the front sight base?

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

I'm doing a Delta ring, with the single hole to line up. It looks easy until I remembered it isn't as easy as this video has it.

12. Rachgier

So mark your delta ring position on the barrel nut, rotate it 180°, and retighten...

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

I will give that a shot! I've been wanting to finish putting this thing together so I can show off what it looks like.

14. Rachgier

I've never had that issue though as the nut got tighter, I kept a strap wrench on the ring because it "should" rotate independently of the barrel nut until it snugged down tight enough.

15. Rachgier

So I covered the Aero M5 lower and LPK last week along with the A2 .308 stock.

Today I ordered an M5 upper w/ UPK, and a 15" Odin Works keymod handguard w/ barrel nut.

ajole likes this.
  16. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Finally got it, all good to go, gonna pop a red dot on it still. Not bad though I like it!!

IMG_20200819_233525.jpg

undeRGRound and Think1st like this.
  17. Rachgier

It's only 3, but it's a start to the collection.

20200820_120028.jpg

undeRGRound, ajole and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Bought 8 pounds of RamShot Tac powder , 500 Nosler HPBT 55 grains, and 3 bricks of small rifle primers, 2 of CCI, 1 of Federal AR Match grade, which was cheaper than the CCI. But that was all the small rifle they had in the two stores. Normal decent prices all around.

undeRGRound likes this.
  19. Rachgier

1am, couldn't sleep. Decided screw it, if I'm going Aero, let's go all Aero. Ordered their Ambi extended LR308 charging handle for $81 shipped. Other than the BCG and barrel it's a full Aero build, down to the 4-40 set screw.

moona11 likes this.