What gun Accessories or parts did you buy today

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by ArmyRover, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

HighTower Armory, bullpup kit Black Fiday 15% off.

Still thinking if I wanna spend $200 on a $300 carbine. Not like I'm ever going to sell it though.

Anyway, is there a 'what gun parts you thinking of buying today thread"????

Rabidwookie likes this.
  2. Visper

Kept the duramags huh :p

The ASC can be hit or miss. I think I've said it before but the Ross Defense Systems "multi-cal mags" work really damn good also, and don't have that damn banana looking shape.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

JoeBob's said to buy this...............
    Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor for S&W M&P 15-22
    2 $11.25 $22.50
    C-P Defense. I kept 6 of them for parts. Back in the day I was recycling cardboard to the atmosphere. The next day I found 6 brand new mags with the paint and followers destroyed. I like the looks of the ASB (ammo shit box) followers. Just need to figure out what to coat the insides with.

4. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Picked up 4 Amend 2 30’s for $12 ea, and a 1/2” scope riser for $15. Can’t complain about the amend 2’s work pretty well so far.

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

Amend2's rock. At the gun show yesterday and they were wanting astronomical money for them.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  6. Rabidwookie

7. Rabidwookie

Alot of the places that have them are out of stock, i got lucky when i found those. Only 1 vendor had any left. If he had any more, he had them stashed. Lol

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

Botach Tactical has all kinds of mags........usually. I haven't checked lately.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  9. mattman17

mattman17 Member

The AR mag tray came in today and very happy with the fit of the mags and finish of the 3d print. Holds 12 mags and works just fine with 30 and the 42rnd mags. IMG_3014.jpg
    IMG_3015.jpg

fatal-bert33, ajole and Rabidwookie like this.
  10. mattman17

mattman17 Member

3d printed display mount came in for the Sub2k and 4595 today. Work pretty well just waiting for the AR display mount to come in then mount them all to a piece of plywood substrate for better support. Still not sure what to use for additional muzzle support but I have a few things in the air and found a few gun safe muzzle supports that may work, or I’ll make something.

IMG_3025.jpg
    IMG_3026.jpg
    IMG_3027.jpg
    IMG_3028.jpg
    IMG_3029.jpg
    IMG_3030.jpg
    IMG_3031.jpg

Visper, CamoDeafie and Rabidwookie like this.
  11. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

A pair of 10 round 12 gauge magazines.
    10rd.jpg

Rabidwookie likes this.
  12. Rabidwookie

What do they fit?

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  13. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

Rock Island Armory VRPA40 shotgun and a few other 12 gauges with magazines.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    Rabidwookie likes this.
  14. Visper

Picked up some more spares, this time AK parts, lee's mags. Got a couple of:

https://www.leesmags.com/AK-Parts-V...parts-that-every-Ak-builder-needs_p_4895.html

Not a bad deal - $15.00

Also picked up a Century AK Armorer kit. I already had more than a few but figure needed one more just in case, $49.00. Of course last time I bought them they were around $25-30...

I believe I have enough LPKs and UPKs for my ARs, thank god I bought most of them pre-panic.

Also picked up a CETME parts kit that Sarco had on sale and ordered the HTA stock for my 4095 with their cyber week/black friday special, aka 15% off.

I HATE election years...

fatal-bert33 and Rabidwookie like this.
  15. Visper

So... I have a Taurus 24/7 Pro "C" (one of the recall ones in 40 S&W) but wasn't worth trading for their "newer" models and didn't want the buyout. Its actually one of the guns in my rotation, really love how it shoots and feels in my hand. Learned to ignore my pinky not sitting right.

Anyway - Needed mags - only had 3 (shocker...) anyway they are a pain in the ass to find - discontinued of course. Found a bunch @ Joe's Pawn shop lol. Seems like his online store is 90% magazine sales. He does have a lot of obscure mag models there I must admit. They cost me a pretty penny for a Taurus mag ($39 each) but finally found some...

Rabidwookie likes this.
  16. Rabidwookie

61F73A81-2BA0-450D-986B-3AD9C00EA297.jpeg
    I know what you mean. My wife thought i had lost my mind when i found out my G2C would use my old Sig 228 magazines. They stick out the bottom almost an inch, and only give me 1 extra round, but it gives me somewhere to put my pinky and is a hell of alot more comfortable.

Visper likes this.
  17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I got my third Taurus mag back when they were dumping them. Mine is a PT 140 Millenium Pro, there’s a little pinky ledge on the mags. But it’s not a C model.

[​IMG]

magnut and Rabidwookie like this.
  18. magnut

magnut Member

I like those old Millenium Pros. A friend of mine has one in 9mm I shot and cleaned for him. I know there was something going on with the safeties but his is fine... I didnt throw it around though. Accurate and reliable little guns with a good size to caliber ratio. The ergos were great for me as well. I dont think I ever shot a Taurus I didnt like.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  19. magnut

magnut Member

Oh... I had a makarov trigger guard just show up for a project. Not really buying a whole lot of stuff just trying to finish up projects.

A few bulk obscure ammo purchases here and there for some of the oddball stuff I should have had on hand anyways.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  20. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

A what? The trigger guard is integral to the frame on the PM.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk