What gun Accessories or parts did you buy today

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by ArmyRover, Sep 30, 2016.

1. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

M22x7.5 breacher, 10 round 12 gauge magazine and Remington 870 raptor grip. Everything goes on the same shotgun and it isnt a Remington.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  2. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Just ordered another 2 magazines for the 5904 S&W and a replacement pawl spring, that will hopefully fix the cylinder advance issues with my OM Ruger Bearcat.

fatal-bert33 likes this.

3. Won a pair of used C-9 10 round mags, total $17.25 shipped.
    Kind of a twofer considering Mom sells single new ones for $19.50 each.
    upload_2021-2-22_8-2-47.png

Rabidwookie, Visper and fatal-bert33 like this.
  4. Keystone

Keystone Supporting Member

Wheeler Professional Digital Trigger Pull Gauge

Rabidwookie likes this.
  5. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Picked up an Anderson 20" SS heavy barreled upper in 6.5 Grendel with a competition SS muzzle brake, BCG, CH, MOE foregrip, Magpul multi adjustable bipod, 1-30rd and 1-20rd mag with an NCStar 3-9x42 Compact rubber ArmoRed/Dual III scope and a box of 20 Hornady 123gr SST HP rounds on a trade. I've got about $500.00 in it. Was a good day IMHO.

fatal-bert33, Visper and Rabidwookie like this.
  6. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Nice haul for $500!!!

Dagwood and Rabidwookie like this.
  7. Ordered an AFG and some other AR parts from Optics Planet so I could get a 15% off coupon to put towards a Holosun 507C. That'll save me the cost of the parts I ordered. I mean how can you pass up free AR parts?

Damn, just realized I'm channeling my inner female. Does that mean I'm transgender?

Visper, fatal-bert33 and Rabidwookie like this.
  8. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Nope, just means you’re smart.

Visper likes this.
  9. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Just ordered the push pin retainer parts for my Iver Johnson 55 Cadet in .38S&W wm_5061275.jpg

You wont shoot someone off a rooftop at 600 yards or blow someone's head, clean off (Ala Dirty Harry). But they're low recoil, theyre not a popular caliber so, ammo is plentiful and not considered a "naughty" gun right now. I carry two, one in each great coat pocket.

10. Claymore

Claymore Member

I ordered 2 Red Ball 45acp magazines to to use on my HTA converted HP carbine a few weeks ago, took them to the range yesterday, and found out, I may have to use them as a suppository, because they don't work with the HTA conversion.

Live and learn

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  11. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Is there something up with the geometry of the mag well, or is it something to do with its maga catch design?

12. Claymore

Claymore Member

I'm not sure, because I was really pissed they didn't work, but I believe the rubber stop at the middle of the magazine has something to do with it, because the round didn't go into battery, and after I pushed up, on the bottom of the mag, it double fed, still out of battery.

Gonna double check everything when I clean the gun, and post the results.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  13. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I wonder if that rubber stop is positioned to accommodate the length of the Hi Point's pistol grip. If you moved down or shaved it, maybe it would work.

adam01364 likes this.
  14. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Nope, you are TransCALIBER. Nothing wrong with that.

Dubar, Think1st, fatal-bert33 and 2 others like this.
  15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Is it? Because there’s none on any shelf within 120 miles of me. Never saw it even before the insanity, and I would have noticed, because I’d have done a double take wondering why they didn’t have “Spc” or “Spl” on there.

Nice looking pistol though. Looks like it would fit the hand well.

16. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

It is drying up and then coming back (at a discount) because the uninformed are buying it (thinking that it fits in their .357s and .38s...which it wont...that's how I'm getting my 9mm Largo/9X21/9X23...at a discount) and when it doesn't work, they bring it back.

Benjamin Franklin said: Common Sense is not THAT common. That explains why they didn't look. Bennie also said: BEER is proof that GOD loves us and wants us to be happy.
    That explains anything that the Common Sense Comment didn't.

It is not my actual pistol (as you can see, the serial number is displayed) I used a StartPage picture of one. However, mine looks pretty similar and I have one that has been re-cold blued.

Neat little pistols. It wont shoot through a car door but when applied to the sinus cavity of the local Goblins and the trigger worked once or twice...it WILL do the job.

If you have a small hand, you can choke up on it. With my hands, I am holding below the trigger guard. My middle finger gets pinched by the trigger guard otherwise.

Fairly/Combat Accurate. Long range strikes require that the recipient has pissed off GOD...for the last time. The bullets tend to tumble. I am shooting wadcutters in them and I have seen it (tumbling) with all bullet types (even the British .38/200) and manufacturers.

I am pretty sure that a 200 or 148 grain wadcutter hitting you sideways or tumbling through your body would put you on the EXPRESS elevator to the SHEKHINAH.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021 at 2:10 PM
    ajole and Rabidwookie like this.
  17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You should slug your barrel. It’d be interesting to find out if you could shoot .401 bullets in it.:D

And yes, revolver disciples, I know they won’t fit in the cylinder.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  18. Claymore

Claymore Member

I took some pictures of both magazines next to each other, the stock HP 45acp mag, and the RedBall 45acp 20 round mag.
    As can be seen the plastic sleeve on the RedBall magazine sits a lot higher than the stock mag, preventing the mag to fit and lock properly.
    I believe with a little grinding of a 45 degree angle at the top edge of the plastic, they may be able to fit and lock properly.
    Still, the grinding has to be precise, so the mags will fit al the right angle and feed properly, NOT like the 14 round Magpul.

45 mags 3.jpg 45acp mags 2.jpg 45acp mags.jpg

ajole and Think1st like this.
  19. Claymore

Claymore Member

Attached Files: