Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

2381 - 2400 of 2429 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
I have one of the captured spring units. It's good, but I don't know if it's worth the price.

I finally spent my Christmas Cabelas money. Ordered a Streamlight ProTac 2XL and one of the USB rechargeable batteries.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,944 Posts
I have one of the captured spring units. It's good, but I don't know if it's worth the price.

I finally spent my Christmas Cabelas money. Ordered a Streamlight ProTac 2XL and one of the USB rechargeable batteries.
They were on sale for $30 each. We'll see how I like them, read some good things about em.

That's a nice light. Looks very similar to the Feyachi I got, shocker huh - Chinese knockoff and all. I will say that I charged the batteries up and that thing is bright as heck. We'll see how long it lasts. That streamlight should last you a lifetime though.

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
At $30, I’d have ordered a few. Great deal!

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
That is not bad at all. I checked ammoseek to see what they show for various pricing.
Earlier they had quite a bit down to $.18 per round. That is better than I have seen there for awhile. I'm still not in a buying mode for it yet. Just gonna see what happens next.

·
What the Hell was that?
643 Posts
That is not bad at all. I checked ammoseek to see what they show for various pricing.
Earlier they had quite a bit down to $.18 per round. That is better than I have seen there for awhile. I'm still not in a buying mode for it yet. Just gonna see what happens next.
Can't blame you. I just happened to see they had it, so i just grabbed it while i could. Got plenty of 5.56/.223, but should grab some more .22 and 9mm, When i can.

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
Can't blame you. I just happened to see they had it, so i just grabbed it while i could. Got plenty of 5.56/.223, but should grab some more .22 and 9mm, When i can.
I'm only low on .380. Topped off in 9mm and 5.56/223. Would like a bit more 22lr as I have added a new 22 semi rifle and 2ea S&W Victory Target Pistols in last 6 months or so. Have a 10/22 I got back out also. Those things are hungry all the time. I can burn up 22lr at an incredible speed it seems like.

·
What the Hell was that?
643 Posts
I'm only low on .380. Topped off in 9mm and 5.56/223. Would like a bit more 22lr as I have added a new 22 semi rifle and 2ea S&W Victory Target Pistols in last 6 months or so. Have a 10/22 I got back out also. Those things are hungry all the time. I can burn up 22lr at an incredible speed it seems like.
Oh yeah, they're starving. I used to have a 10/22, and I'm wanting another .22 rifle. Right now it's a tossup between a 10/22 and a Winchester Wildcat, but still leaning toward the Ruger. Wildcat uses 10/22 mags and I'm pretty sure i still have some around here somewhere.:lol:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Oh yeah, they're starving. I used to have a 10/22, and I'm wanting another .22 rifle. Right now it's a tossup between a 10/22 and a Winchester Wildcat, but still leaning toward the Ruger. Wildcat uses 10/22 mags and I'm pretty sure i still have some around here somewhere.:lol:
10/22 for win ! just got this one a few days ago. i dont think the wildcat will be as durable . could be wrong tho
F2339F4B-3F62-4C08-B660-8044B7549932.jpeg

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
Your silly 10/22 reminded me that I have a Citadel M1 .22, so I got it out.
Man, is it light compared to most of my .22’s, under 5 lbs.
It’s more like an M1 than the Ruger because it is an open top. But when I shot it last time, it spits crap up and out the top, toward your face. Pretty sure the Ruger won’t do that.
Gonna have to take it out and run it a bit.

Then I realized I needed a sling, so got that ordered.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
What the Hell was that?
643 Posts
Your silly 10/22 reminded me that I have a Citadel M1 .22, so I got it out.
Man, is it light compared to most of my .22's, under 5 lbs.
It's more like an M1 than the Ruger because it is an open top. But when I shot it last time, it spits crap up and out the top, toward your face. Pretty sure the Ruger won't do that.
Gonna have to take it out and run it a bit.

Then I realized I needed a sling, so got that ordered.
At one point i had an Iver Johnson Us carbine .22lr. Nice little rifle, ended up trading it off years ago, because I couldn't find magazines or parts. Now i wish i had kept it.

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
I just got a set of the Slixprings stainless percussion cap nipples for my Remington 1858. They have a bigger opening to allow more of the energy from a detonated cap to reach the powder charge, and they are specifically designed for the CCI #11 caps. I particularly like that because the nipples that come with Uberti revolvers are too big for #10 caps but require #11 caps to be crimped. As an added bonus, these stainless nipples look pretty nice installed on a stainless cylinder.

If these work out at the range, I'll buy two more sets for the other two cylinders.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Holosun 507C...

So now I have another $15 off coupon. Hmmm...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just ordered some Redball .45 mags yesterday from Grabagun and will be here Sunday for anyone looking for them. Also grabbed some ETS mags for the G17 and Sub2k all be here this weekend, talk about quick turnaround.

Also for the Feyachi flashlight I have that same one on my Sub2K mounted Mlok and no slip at all and used a Magpul switch mount and works great after you trim the inside out some to accommodate he switch. I had to strip off the thread lock from the screw to be able to get the tabs to catch inside the Mlok or it would just spin and pop out since I couldn’t torque it enough so you may want to pass the screw all the way through a few times so you aren’t cussing for 20 minutes when it keeps popping out lol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ordered an AFG and some other AR parts from Optics Planet so I could get a 15% off coupon to put towards a Holosun 507C. That'll save me the cost of the parts I ordered. I mean how can you pass up free AR parts?

Damn, just realized I'm channeling my inner female. Does that mean I'm transgender?
Can get a 10% off code if you download their app, if you’re looking to get anything else from them.

IMG_3879.png

Attachments

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,944 Posts
I was toying with the idea of getting a GSG Firefly with all you guys posting them but decided to go a different route.
g19-22lr.JPG

Picked up one of these. Its a G19 conversion kit. Was cheaper than a GSG Firefly and no paperwork - so to me it's a win!!

Just got it today and checked it all out. Looks to be well made. Going to get it out tomorrow and take it for a spin.

2381 - 2400 of 2429 Posts