Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

2401 - 2420 of 2451 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,220 Posts
I was toying with the idea of getting a GSG Firefly with all you guys posting them but decided to go a different route.
View attachment 72839

Picked up one of these. Its a G19 conversion kit. Was cheaper than a GSG Firefly and no paperwork - so to me it's a win!!

Just got it today and checked it all out. Looks to be well made. Going to get it out tomorrow and take it for a spin.
I have one of those. Never have used it. I had a part fall out and can't figure where it goes. I only have one mag for it.

Reactions: Keystone

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I had a part fall out and can't figure where it goes.
Don't you just hate that! Been there done that!
Completely disassemble a gun. Put it back together.
Clean up the work bench and...."What the hell is that part?????"

·
Premium Member
21,220 Posts
Don't you just hate that! Been there done that!
Completely disassemble a gun. Put it back together.
Usually that is reserved for rebuilding carbs.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Don't you just hate that! Been there done that! Completely disassemble a gun. Put it back together.
A former BIL had that happen with a VW Bug engine rebuild years ago. Had a small leftover piece of metal "tin" he couldn't figger out where it went. Oh, well, couldn't be that important, right? Left it out, and two weeks he was rebuilding the motor... it was there to deflect cooling air over one of the cylinder jugs. It was a painful lesson.

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
New Weaver cantilever scope mount and my new scope levels came in so I might as well get the little brother back in action after using it to test sight someone's Vortex RDS. Turns out his 45° offset rail mount wasn't.

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Oh, well, couldn't be that important, right?
Just took apart my new GSG-16 for the first time.
Cleaned it and put it back together. Man that was a first time job and a half.
Put everything away and saw a small lock washer.
Cant "be that important". Or is it???
Turns out it was for the bolt that holds the gun's bolt stop block in place.
Tiny lock washer but important.

Reactions: Visper

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
I have one of those. Never have used it. I had a part fall out and can't figure where it goes. I only have one mag for it.
Yeah, figure it wasn't a large investment and came with 3 mags. Decent reviews online but I'm sure there are crappy ones too lol.

Put a box of 50 through it today, no malfunctions, so right now I'm happy with it and no missing parts!!!

Reactions: adam01364

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
@Dubar Did you notice SGAMMO got in a bit more of the Surplus 30 Carbine ammo. States they doubt there will be anymore.

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
PIC HEAVY

Came in the mail today. Ordered it Thursday? Friday? I don't know. Reebow Tactical soft side, 46" x 12" x 5" double rifle case in desert tan.

I like it. Backpack straps aren't the best but the carry handles feel good. Chunky zippers and all the stitching looks good (for now). It holds both the AR (41") and SR (45"). The scopes have plenty of spacing from the 1" thick edge padding, the divider is 1" thick too. I'm considering keeping a full mag in the rifles during transpo to prevent them from shifting as much, and I've already flipped the AR so both stocks are at the "bottom" of the bag for backpack carrying.

Center pouch has molle loops outside with two small zipped flat map pockets. Inside is a little narrow with thin velcro sealed flat document sized flat pouches and 2 mesh pockets on the lid.

The 2 outside pouches have what appear to be water proof pocket liner/ dividers that expand to fill the whole pouch and triple closures. Buckles over velcro, over elastic. Pretty expandable too. Holds 6 standard cap GI mags and 5 pmags, unless you alternate them for 6.

Pay no mind to the dog hair, it's husky shredding season and my house is buried in it despite my best efforts. I'm also going to have to order some more, and larger cap, Pmag10's for the SR so it can have it's own pocket. I'll probably stack mags inside the center pocket since i have no need to store maps or documents, but may throw some targets in there...

$67 on Amazon and it reminds me of my old dragbag with the loop handle on the head of the bag.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
PIC HEAVY

Came in the mail today. Ordered it Thursday? Friday? I don't know. Reebow Tactical soft side, 46" x 12" x 5" double rifle case in desert tan.

View attachment 72858
I like it. Backpack straps aren't the best but the carry handles feel good. Chunky zippers and all the stitching looks good (for now). It holds both the AR (41") and SR (45"). The scopes have plenty of spacing from the 1" thick edge padding, the divider is 1" thick too. I'm considering keeping a full mag in the rifles during transpo to prevent them from shifting as much, and I've already flipped the AR so both stocks are at the "bottom" of the bag for backpack carrying.
View attachment 72849

View attachment 72850

View attachment 72851

View attachment 72852

Center pouch has molle loops outside with two small zipped flat map pockets. Inside is a little narrow with thin velcro sealed flat document sized flat pouches and 2 mesh pockets on the lid.

View attachment 72853

View attachment 72854

The 2 outside pouches have what appear to be water proof pocket liner/ dividers that expand to fill the whole pouch and triple closures. Buckles over velcro, over elastic. Pretty expandable too. Holds 6 standard cap GI mags and 5 pmags, unless you alternate them for 6.

View attachment 72855

View attachment 72856

View attachment 72857

Pay no mind to the dog hair, it's husky shredding season and my house is buried in it despite my best efforts. I'm also going to have to order some more, and larger cap, Pmag10's for the SR so it can have it's own pocket. I'll probably stack mags inside the center pocket since i have no need to store maps or documents, but may throw some targets in there...

$67 on Amazon and it reminds me of my old dragbag with the loop handle on the head of the bag.
I have a couple like it only black. They are holding up good. No issues

·
Premium Member
35,752 Posts
Just got in a pair of Glock pistol mounts. Not sure where they’re going, but hoping the AR 9 isn’t too much for one.
73F0D6EB-B828-4424-862C-5BB346C946B2.jpeg

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
I hope they're balanced at the magwell too. The rotational force from the pitch imparted as constant pressure by the unbalanced weight may be the killer. That's pretty thin looking piece of plastic at the bottom.

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
35,752 Posts
I hope they're balanced at the magwell too. The rotational force from the pitch imparted as constant pressure by the unbalanced weight may be the killer. That's pretty thin looking piece of plastic at the bottom.
Yep. It’s a 7.5 inch barrel with a polymer lower....so I’m hoping. If not, the G22 conversion will fit, and the G20 might.

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
Yep. It’s a 7.5 inch barrel with a polymer lower....so I’m hoping. If not, the G22 conversion will fit, and the G20 might.
Is it just the perspective angle of the camera, or is the left mount a different shape and size compared to the right?

I have a thing for balancing my rifles as close to the magwell as possible. Just a weird habit.

·
Premium Member
35,752 Posts
Is it just the perspective angle of the camera, or is the left mount a different shape and size compared to the right?

I have a thing for balancing my rifles as close to the magwell as possible. Just a weird habit.
Identical, it’s just perspective.
Put the gun on the thing and held it in my hand, pretty near zero torque, so it looks good.

·
Premium Member
21,220 Posts
3 Shield Arms 15rd mags for the 43X. They were $60 each at the gun show. Because I bought some laser engraved mags he sold them to me for $50 each. $10 more than SA sells them for. I've been on their list since December.

Reactions: Visper

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
3 Shield Arms 15rd mags for the 43X. They were $60 each at the gun show. Because I bought some laser engraved mags he sold them to me for $50 each. $10 more than SA sells them for. I've been on their list since December.
Prolly not the only list your on either!!! 🙄

Reactions: TNTRAILERTRASH
2401 - 2420 of 2451 Posts