2461 - 2475 of 2475 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
night sights for my Polymer 80 build.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I bought a Streamlight protac hl-x 1000 lumins weapon light for my AR. I'm really excited for this to get here so I can play with it. I ordered a picatiny mount for the pressure switch as well. I've used Streamlight in the military but never used their rifle lights. I have a surefire on there now and apparently it's comparable.

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Administrator
24,806 Posts
Got bored and ordered the Midwest Industries Gen2 pic rail for the AK and installed the UTG side rail plate. Leveled with the barrel, marked, drilled, blue loctite. Need to grab a 2mm longer screw for the rear hole. I want to say it's the rate reducer that is keeping the screw from being long enough?

Wood Trigger Material property Font Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
21,392 Posts
Got bored and ordered the Midwest Industries Gen2 pic rail for the AK and installed the UTG side rail plate. Leveled with the barrel, marked, drilled, blue loctite. Need to grab a 2mm longer screw for the rear hole. I want to say it's the rate reducer that is keeping the screw from being long enough?

View attachment 73729
I got one of those for $18 several years ago. The screws were too short as well. I pulled it off before I sold the I.O.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,011 Posts
Its long enough to catch a single thread and snug down, but I prefer to have a few more than that...
Smart. Yes, full engagement plus one or just full engagement in a blind hole. Would a countersink help? Or is it a flat back fastener?
I typically just convert to the next size up sae fastener, adding the length needed. As u know, several ways to skin this cat

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Anyone ever hear of steel cased nickle plated ammunition? I heard nickel plated casings feed better than brass ammunition. Do you know if steel cased nickle plated ammunition would feed just as good as brass cased ammo?

Here is the listing of the steel cased nickle plated ammunition:
Tula 9MM 115gr FMJ Steel Case (1000rds) Sergeant Major Nickl

·
Premium Member
21,392 Posts
Anyone ever hear of steel cased nickle plated ammunition? I heard nickel plated casings feed better than brass ammunition. Do you know if steel cased nickle plated ammunition would feed just as good as brass cased ammo?

Here is the listing of the steel cased nickle plated ammunition:
Tula 9MM 115gr FMJ Steel Case (1000rds) Sergeant Major Nickl
Learn something new everyday! And that is cheap for today's pricing. Maybe shipping is really high?

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Administrator
24,806 Posts
Well it's still going to have the low ductility of steel, so it will likely be as dirty as any steel cased ammo. It will just feed better and be less likely to stick like standard steel cases due to the nickle plating.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
So steel cased nickle plated ammunition would be okay quality but leave a firearm more dirty than most brass cased ammo. Thanks for the information. Also you could not reload the steel cased nickle plated shells.

·
Administrator
24,806 Posts
So steel cased nickle plated ammunition would be okay quality but leave a firearm more dirty than most brass cased ammo. Thanks for the information. Also you could not reload the steel cased nickle plated shells.
Some people will say you can get 3 or 4 reloads outof them, most folks (myself included) will tell you not to bother. The low ductility plus nickle plating lends itself to becoming more brittle faster. For me, steel cases would be held in reserve as the last ditch, single-use reloads. My SHTF mags hold steel case ammo because I'm not going to cry over lost steel cases.

2461 - 2475 of 2475 Posts