Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
2561 - 2580 of 2606 Posts

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,177 Posts
View attachment 75957

Just installed the grip/podium and an Ebay linear compensator. Added a pistol laser purchased for a failed project.
What the heck is that!!!!

That AFG is really right on the line between vert and angled lol.

Don't get me wrong that all looks cool.

Not sure if I would like the podium thing, but if you like it go for it!!! I have done some things that people thought were "different" too... lol.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
Just installed the grip/podium and an Ebay linear compensator. Added a pistol laser purchased for a failed project.
Is that balanced on two legs?
When I look at it it reminds me of a Star Wars All Terrain Scout Transport.

Attachments

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,773 Posts
Just got it in my hot little Mole Claws today, freebie from Sonny-Boi
Blue Wood Finger Flooring Floor

Shotgun Mag Loader!!

This will get it's own postage...

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,177 Posts
Just got it in my hot little Mole Claws today, freebie from Sonny-Boi
View attachment 75960
Shotgun Mag Loader!!

This will get it's own postage...
Gdamn, that is a freaking large magazine... what's it hold 6 rounds :p

Nice mag loader though!!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts

Nice mag loader though!!
His hands are that small. Its a 10 rd AK mag.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What the heck is that!!!!

That AFG is really right on the line between vert and angled lol.

Don't get me wrong that all looks cool.

Not sure if I would like the podium thing, but if you like it go for it!!! I have done some things that people thought were "different" too... lol.
Yeah, the podium does look gimmicky, some range time will tell me if it gets in the way or not.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,773 Posts

Nice mag loader though!!
Holds NINE. Giant single stack!

I now have 2 extra mag loaders for this, actually 3 but one had the front perimeter broken off, Sonny-Boi used ABS filament on that one, not quite strong enough.

Ima gonna ship 2 of these out as freebies, firstly to @Visper and @moona11 cuz I think youse guys have the need for one?

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I went for some cheap shopping and brought home from Wally World a 25rd shot-shell belt for my Rossi 410 break-open. I'll be glad when 410 starts hitting the shelves again. I'm down to 7 boxes. Did look at a Tristar 410 pump, but I'd really like a semi 410, but WM was out of them.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,773 Posts
I went for some cheap shopping and brought home from Wally World a 25rd shot-shell belt for my Rossi 410 break-open. I'll be glad when 410 starts hitting the shelves again. I'm down to 7 boxes. Did look at a Tristar 410 pump, but I'd really like a semi 410, but WM was out of them.
.410 SEMI would be awesome, but expensive to feed o_O

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
I’ve been picking up 30rd’rs for a while when I find them for a good price. I’ve been anticipating the lack of their availability. I even picked up a couple ATI 60 rd’rs.
I never anticipated them going after all semi auto handguns. That’s a new twist.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a bore sight/collimator:

https://www.amazon.com/RUB1ZR0-Boresighter-Precision-Alignment-Adjustable/dp/B091DGNW6M/ref=sr_1_5?crid=PDWPRPISTUPK&keywords=bore+sighter+kit&qid=1654434911&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=bore+sighter+kit,sporting,60&sr=1-5

I have a bore sight, but can't see the red laser past 25yds if that. If I read the description on the collimator right, it basically displays a grid at the end of the barrel that is equal to a 100yd distance. Seems like it would make zeroing a scope a lot easier.
It does make things easier. They'll get you on paper, usually fairly close

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
I still say, figure out a ballistic chart using your favorite app and an approximate load, use the closest “zero” point as a first setting, then confirm at your desired range. No need for lasers, no wasted ammo, and you can use something close to 25-30 yards to start. If you aren’t on paper at 25…try 10…but really, things have to be SUPER wonky not to hit a torso at 25 yards. Or even a 12” square.

Also…you only NEED 15-25 yards of laser visibility. The laser is just to get you on paper at 25, so you can set your near zero, you don’t use it at 100. Once you have the scope set for 25…physics will do the rest. You shoot it at 100 to confirm, and make a final tweak. But you don’t use the laser….that’s pointless.

You just need to know where the bullet crosses your line of sight first. Which is almost never more than 50 yards out.
And you don’t even need it to be exactly on center. A chart can tell you that at 25 yards, you should be .75 inches low to get your bullet centered at 100 yards…so you aim at the bull at 25, and adjust the scope so the bullets hit .75 inches low.

Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Number

Reactions: adam01364

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Thanks guys!
Seems like when I take a rifle with a scope to the 50yd range, 75% of the time I end up removing the scope and using the iron sights. The laser I do have works fine indoors, but my house isn't a mansion so at most I have 10yds I can use to zero a scope indoors.

I have 3 scopes and 1 red/green dot sight. I've got 2 of the scopes mounted on rifles and zeroed in, I almost refuse to take them off now and put them on another rifle. The Vortex Strikefire II is sweet, but I found I can hit the target just fine using the iron sights on the rifles I've put it on so far. So right now it sits in a drawer with the other scope.

One thing I read about that collimator on Amazon, there appears to be no/little up/down adjustment for rifles like an AR. That might be the 1 reason I haven't bought one yet, still researching.

Most of my shooting, well ALL of it, takes place on the 50yd range. I want to try shooting a few out on the 100yd range but I definitely need a scope for that if I want to hit paper anywhere, let alone the bullseye.

2561 - 2580 of 2606 Posts