Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
2581 - 2600 of 2606 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
I’ve been picking up 30rd’rs for a while when I find them for a good price. I’ve been anticipating the lack of their availability. I even picked up a couple ATI 60 rd’rs.
I
Gen2 Magpul frequently don't click home with 30rds on a closed bolt. Depends on the lower.

·
Super Moderator
25,930 Posts
Gen2 Magpul frequently don't click home with 30rds on a closed bolt. Depends on the lower.
Put a little ass in to the 'Tap' portion of the loading procedure... they'll seat just fine. Every magazine should be a little harder to seat with a closed bolt/action.

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Yeah. Thank goodness the AR locks open on an empty mag…🤣

Have you ever wondered why they say lock and load? LOCK the mag in is step one.

Unless you say it’s lock the bolt to the rear….which is what you do with a Garand, and they said the same thing back then.

And they said the same thing with muzzle loaders too.

·
Super Moderator
25,930 Posts
Yeah. Thank goodness the AR locks open on an empty mag…🤣
Sure, as long as you plan on walking around with the bolt locked back all the time, never do mag checks, don't do tactical reloads, or leave the bolt closed on an empty chamber because you legally can't have a round in the chamber while it's in your vehicle...

Reactions: Bull

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Sure, as long as you plan on walking around with the bolt locked back all the time, never do mag checks, don't do tactical reloads, or leave the bolt closed on an empty chamber because you legally can't have a round in the chamber while it's in your vehicle...
My point was, you probably only have to load a mag under stress AFTER the bolt locks open. You can “usually” lock the first one in on your own time, using a bit of ass as you suggested…

·
Super Moderator
25,930 Posts
My point was, you probably only have to load a mag under stress AFTER the bolt locks open. You can “usually” lock the first one in on your own time, using a bit of ass as you suggested…
Mag checks and tactical reloads tend to occur under stress and in between moments of chaos. Plus, I've seen more muffed up reloads on an open bolt than I have closed. They smack the bolt catch and the mag falls out. Murphy is funny like that.

Open or closed, smack it like it owes you money.

Reactions: ajole and Bull

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,094 Posts
I bought a couple of Tandy Leather holster kits from a man whose arthritis has kept him from making them.

I'll make them to fit the Taurus model 85 3" barrel that I gave to my dad - one an outside waist and the other a shoulder holster for same revolver.

I haven't done this in ... 37 years...

Rerun

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Put a little ass in to the 'Tap' portion of the loading procedure... they'll seat just fine. Every magazine should be a little harder to seat with a closed bolt/action.
Always do. If you have to bang them 2-3-4 times to get them to lock it's time to download.

FHP won't let their guys put more than 28 in a mag. I wonder why?

·
Super Moderator
25,930 Posts
Always do. If you have to bang them 2-3-4 times to get them to lock it's time to download.

No clue. Mine seat just fine with 30 in them, and I've run them in several different manufacturers? Off the top of my head; Aero, Colt, DelTon, DPMS, Anderson, Core15, Daniel Defense, and Polymer80....

That's just between me, John, the Sheriff, a CSP Trooper, an LJPD officer, and a Las Animas PD officer who did two mag dumps with his A1...

Edit: forgot about the then deputy now Colorado Trooper's Bushmaster.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Some PSA's. They seat fine in the 6920LE.

·
Super Moderator
25,930 Posts
Dunno. Maybe Florida should buy cheaper rifles? 🤷‍♂️

• Wow

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Dunno. Maybe Florida should buy cheaper rifles? 🤷‍♂️
Shit, they bought bro a Sig piston gun! Not sure of the model. Just their policy. Her runs iron sights because any optics the gun has to be in a case. Not up front where he needs it. They do what they do.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts

Probably because the guys setting policy are my age, and grew up in the era when 28 was the answer, and not 42….

Reactions: moona11

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
Just my 2 cents. I've found over the years most people are ignorant of guns and proper cleaning and use. That especially true of military and LEOs. Now they will for the most part claim to be experts. The fact remains is they don't know what they believe they know. Honestly they are worse than the occasional hunter. 28 rds in their mags weak thinking. Do they under load their hand gun mags also?

Of the hundreds of mags I own ive had maybe 6 tops that where shit out of the box.

AR mags I still have and use my Army mags that I got issued. I even have 10 or so Nam era mags. They still function great.

·
Super Moderator
25,930 Posts
Just my 2 cents. I've found over the years most people are ignorant of guns and proper cleaning and use. That especially true of military and LEOs. Now they will for the most part claim to be experts. The fact remains is they don't know what they believe they know. Honestly they are worse than the occasional hunter. 28 rds in their mags weak thinking. Do they under load their hand gun mags also?

Of the hundreds of mags I own ive had maybe 6 tops that where shit out of the box.

AR mags I still have and use my Army mags that I got issued. I even have 10 or so Nam era mags. They still function great.
I prefer the steel mags as well. I have mostly 30's, some old school 20's, some new 10's with the slant cut, and those 40's....

Reactions: moona11 and Rerun

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
I prefer the steel mags as well. I have mostly 30's, some old school 20's, some new 10's with the slant cut, and those 40's....
Those 40's work damn good.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
I saw some Colt 20rd mags at the flea market the other day. Didn't ask how much.

Back on Magpul the Gen3's snap right in with 30.

·
Super Moderator
25,930 Posts
Probably because the guys setting policy are my age, and grew up in the era when 28 was the answer, and not 42….
I sat here this morning and actually choked on my coffee because my brain decided to create a scenario where someone was screeching in Fudd about how they couldn't get the "clip" to fit, 30 rounds clipazines are stupid because it's too full, and everyone had to load 28 rounds and only 28 rounds forevermore because back in my day...

Those 40's work damn good.
Sheriff and a few of his deputies liked them, that's for sure. One of them was all, "WTF? Can he even have that? Can I keep it if we confiscate it?"

2581 - 2600 of 2606 Posts