Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
2641 - 2649 of 2649 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
Those are damn nice optics. That's for the M&P right? Along with the holster etc? Gonna be a nice setup Rach.

My wife goes to bed early so I am left unsupervised daily... Let's just say I get in trouble... a lot.
That's for the Glock. I also ordered the holster shell for it as well so both the G20 and M&P are in AG holsters, the Glock will run an RDS because I also hunt with it, and the M&P already has tritium sights on it.

Reactions: Visper

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Ordered another Olight, the Baldr mini, with a green laser, to go on my AR9, replacing the Feyachi crap that’s on there. QD, magnetic recharging, FDE because why not. The Feyachi works great. Unless it decides not to. Which it does for no good reason, intermittently.

Reactions: TNTRAILERTRASH

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
Just won a couple of online parts auctions for what will be a Heritage Rough Rider. Got a little over $90 in the two. Yeah, I probably could buy a complete used Rough Rider for the same amount, but then I wouldn't have the fun (or headache) of putting it all together.
Revolver Blue Tool Air gun Line

Rectangle Auto part Composite material Aluminium Household hardware

Reactions: moona11

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
Guessing there's going to be some residual blue Loctite on the barrel threads of these Rough Rider parts, both on the barrel and the receiver. Heritage calls them "micro threads" and they do look very fine. A brass brush should be okay to use on the barrel, but not wanting to muck up those threads on the Zamak receiver, I'm thinking acetone ought to do the job there.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Guessing there's going to be some residual blue Loctite on the barrel threads of these Rough Rider parts, both on the barrel and the receiver. Heritage calls them "micro threads" and they do look very fine. A brass brush should be okay to use on the barrel, but not wanting to muck up those threads on the Zamak receiver, I'm thinking acetone ought to do the job there.
Never built one up from parts, but I've had everythig except the barrels off several. You're right about the reciever threads. Toothbrush is OK, but even brass can srew thos threads real fast. I used Hoppes and a q-tip, BTW, where did you get the reciever? They have to go through an FFL, right? Most places destroy the FFL parts, or so I thought.

Reactions: adam01364

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
BTW, where did you get the reciever? They have to go through an FFL, right? Most places destroy the FFL parts, or so I thought.
I found it on Gunbroker. The seller seems to specialize in random receivers. I've run across Heritage receivers before, but it's a hit-or-miss deal. I just got lucky, um, maybe. We'll see how it looks once it arrives.

Yup, FFL is required.

2641 - 2649 of 2649 Posts