Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
2681 - 2684 of 2684 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,308 Posts
And…Black Friday deal, a Holosun 407C-X2 for $208. $223 with tax, free shipping.
Shake awake, solar power, RMR footprint. Good old PSA, they talked me into it.

·
Premium Member
37,308 Posts
And, I ordered a Geissele G2S, their budget 2 stage 2.5+2 lb trigger, $90 on a Black Friday deal via Primary Arms.
Got it and installed it today…good thing it was only $90, it’s no better than the $90 LaRue, at the regular price of $160-$180, I’d have been pissed.

According to everything I read, it’s the same steel and geometry as their $200+ SSA, except it’s not laser marked, isn’t QC’d as well, and hasn’t got the super special hammer pin retention the SSA has…which I think the LaRue has even on their cheapest triggers. Thank goodness normal pins work with the normal retention. 🙄 Though I did have some anti walk pins that I used.

So, I’m satisfied, it is a good trigger as I dry fire it, but I’ll never buy another Geissele unless they’re on sale below the LaRue prices, I’d rather not reward the guys that are jacking up prices based on a brand name, while their competitor does just as good, and takes far less out of my pocket.

Seriously, if you haven’t tried a LaRue trigger….you should. Best non-cartridge trigger out there, and often costs under $120…or whatever they’re charging due to inflation. And probably is better or as good as any of the self contained cartridge units. Although I must admit, the Timney Impact is an excellent trigger, as good as the LaRue, and only a few bucks more, and uses normal pins, unlike many that require anti walk pins. Nice that there’s no struggles with lining up holes or compressing springs while installing.

Reactions: Visper

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
Never shot a Geissle, or Larue. I have multiple $59.99 PSA 2 stages. Other sellers with the same marks. I have one in a G3 PSA AR10. It works nice.

I tried to get back on PSA's email list. I get nothing. That's probably why my credit card balances are shrinking rapidly.

• Haha
Reactions: ajole

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,400 Posts
And, I ordered a Geissele G2S, their budget 2 stage 2.5+2 lb trigger, $90 on a Black Friday deal via Primary Arms.
Got it and installed it today…good thing it was only $90, it’s no better than the $90 LaRue, at the regular price of $160-$180, I’d have been pissed.

According to everything I read, it’s the same steel and geometry as their $200+ SSA, except it’s not laser marked, isn’t QC’d as well, and hasn’t got the super special hammer pin retention the SSA has…which I think the LaRue has even on their cheapest triggers. Thank goodness normal pins work with the normal retention. 🙄 Though I did have some anti walk pins that I used.

So, I’m satisfied, it is a good trigger as I dry fire it, but I’ll never buy another Geissele unless they’re on sale below the LaRue prices, I’d rather not reward the guys that are jacking up prices based on a brand name, while their competitor does just as good, and takes far less out of my pocket.

Seriously, if you haven’t tried a LaRue trigger….you should. Best non-cartridge trigger out there, and often costs under $120…or whatever they’re charging due to inflation. And probably is better or as good as any of the self contained cartridge units. Although I must admit, the Timney Impact is an excellent trigger, as good as the LaRue, and only a few bucks more, and uses normal pins, unlike many that require anti walk pins. Nice that there’s no struggles with lining up holes or compressing springs while installing.
Totally agree Larue make great stuff.

I have a couple of theirs, a couple of the nickel Boron PSA ones and then cartridge ones. Rise and Timney mostly and like you said, it's just so easy to install, no springs to fight with while installing etc.

I have replaced almost all of my milspec triggers. Except for maybe 2-3 that I did spit shines to.

Christ I have even gotten into changing out my pistol triggers... Overwatch, Apex, Timney... but yeah. FN509 Apex trigger upgrade is amazing and if you have a chance and Glock (who doesn't) get the Timney trigger for that - OMG is all I have to say. I got mine July 4th sale from midway for $105 each, got two...

2681 - 2684 of 2684 Posts