What gun Accessories or parts did you buy today

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by ArmyRover, Sep 30, 2016.

1. TheLASwamp

TheLASwamp Member

Surprisingly, mags seem to be the only thing that hasn't tripled in price and sold out everywhere. Mags are usually the first thing to go in a panic buy environment. I'm stocking up a bit before that happens, as I am presuming the next huge mag shortage is coming.

I really wish Red Ball would finish the .40 mags they have been working on for the past half-decade and get them to market before the bottom falls out. I'm not sure what the problem is. I'd really like to get a few of them for the drought to come.

2. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I'd hate to see the price of the CZ mags if the panic took hold.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Several years ago I bought a bunch of the D&H mags for $5.99 and free shipping if you ordered 10. PSA has been keeping them at $9.99 for quite some time. I have bought some Okay Surefeed mags from Botach for the AR's. I am GTG with AR mags probably over 300. I could be a rich man if they get banned. I actually got some deals on some Gen3 Magpul window mags. Gunbroker. I won 2 auctions for a total of 8. They were ODG. I still see them popping up. They are going stupid expensive now.

I hear you on the Redball .40's.

4. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

especially if they’re all loaded.

5. SDProf

SDProf Supporting Member

Primary Arms SLX Md25 red dot. Swapping it to the AR to replace the Bushnell TRS25, which will move to the HiPoint carbine.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  6. TNTRAILERTRASH

It would take a while. In a couple of months they will be going up for resale. :stir: :lol:

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Don’t forget to claim that profit in your taxes. Could move you up a few brackets.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    So, I got a Firefield 5x magnifier because someone said they’re good. Would have gotten a 3x, but they were out.

Not sure how well it’s going to work, it’s not super crisp glass or anything. We’ll see soon enough.

9. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

It's been 1 week since I ordered the 3-pack for the 10/22 and the CZ 527 mag and GrabAGun sez it's still "processing". Maybe the mag shortage has already hit, they usually don't take this long.

Now that I've said it it'll probably show up today. I had 1 other order from them arrive before the status on their website changed and it was also an accessory. Guns seem to be tracked more efficiently.

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

This vise block so I can put together 2 uppers.

And a barrel nut wrench. My POS Wheeler ain't doing the job.This does AR15/flip it over it's a AR10 size.
    [​IMG]

ajole likes this.
  11. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Love that AR barrel nut wrench. Something nice and small to attach to the torque wrench. The larger ones work to but can be clunky.

Where you get it?

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

https://www.mountsplus.com/ https://www.mountsplus.com/armalite-308-ar10-barrel-nut-wrench.html As much money as I have dumped into those 2 tools I should have called a guy and had him install the barrels on my uppers. I am afraid I'm going to rip the vise right off my HF work bench just to get the gas tube hole lined up. Right now I am 180* out.

That tool is all over out there. Midway has it. Their shipping is expensive, and slow. These guys didn't charge sales tax, and shipping was under $7 for USPS.

Rerun likes this.
  13. TheLASwamp

TheLASwamp Member

I have some PMags in my cart at Mag Shack. I feel like I need to be stocking up more, although I have a decent size mag fort already. Once the feeding frenzy hits the mag market, it's going wipe it out quickly. I have to believe it will happen at some point, although I'm surprised we have not seen it yet.

ajole likes this.
  14. TNTRAILERTRASH

If a Gen3 Pmag is out there I will buy it over the Gen2. A 3 will generally lock in place with 30rds on a closed bolt. A 2 is a struggle if not impossible. The 2 that have the snap on cover, the cover won't work with 30 in there. It will on the 3. I don't really know if the cover is that important.
    If you are doing a tactical reload on a closed bolt 30 is going to cost you time+it may drop down to the ground.

The G3 window mags are out there at a decent price right now. $15-17.

I have a couple of UTG's. They feed well, but will not drop free from anything I have.

Amend2's are really good mags. They don't make a window mag if that is important to you.

15. TheLASwamp

TheLASwamp Member

My PMag stash is mostly G3, a mix of black and MCT. I have some G2 mags that came with a soft case I bought last year but they are stored with the rest of the mags. Overnight, the vendor sold out of the PMags. They have Okay Surefeeds in stock for a bit cheaper, so it's all still good. I also have some Amend2 and ETS mags. The Amend2 seems to bulge a bit when left loaded. For my ready mags, I use aluminum and steel mags I have among my collection.

TNT, are you stocking up on mags now?

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

Not really. I have something in the neighborhood of 300 or so. Depending on the market I will start selling when they dry up or the prices get stupid.

Some say a minimum of 10 30rd per AR15. I see PSA still has the D&H's for $10 each.
    I want to grab more 9mm, and 223 is my priorities.

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I have some Amend2 mags in their FDE or Tan or whatever. They’ve been in my truck loaded for a while, in serious heat...no issues.

I did order 10 more black Amend2 from Mag Shack just last week, $10 each including shipping. Hopefully the black polymer will not react differently than the brown.

I also have a few D&H mags, they’re pretty decent IMHO.

Visper likes this.
  18. TNTRAILERTRASH

90% of them are going to vote dem

19. TNTRAILERTRASH

x39 enhanced firing pins, 5.56 firing pins, anti-rotational pins, stainless firing pin retainer that isn't a stupid PITA cotter pin. [​IMG]

20. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Those retainers are nice going in, but they tend to fall out easily once the bolt is out of the gun.