Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
...and <drum roll, if you please> it's done!

Got myself a jig and a couple of 6" drills, some cutting oil, added a lil' dash of patience, and voila! All functions work fine with dummy rounds, hope to take it to the range tomorrow.

Here's a pic of the FMK build (left) and the Roggio build (right) and another pic of the newly drilled bolt catch hole.

Neither of these AR's are going to be somebody's crown jewel, but with the mAss ban in full force, we'll take whatever we got and run with it.
View attachment 45360 View attachment 45361
Missed this post. Glad you got it done!!

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
I originally posted this in the "what gun are you thinking of buying today" thread.

A basket case Astra Model 200. Looks like it's all there -minus the extractor.
Hard to pass up; it's been offered to me for $80 shipped. I think I'll do it.
Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Font

So the basket case arrived today. Not only is it missing the extractor, but also the firing pin & spring. Argh. But as long as I had it in front of me, I figgered I'd put it together the receiver portion since the firing pin is in the slide.

The Astra Model 200 is a fairly complex little pistol, with three safeties (grip, mag, and safety lever). If it were a larger pistol, reassembly would be a piece of cake; in reality it was a real PITA. I used a lot of slave pins and a pair of angled hemostats to make it easier.

Font Line Parallel Engineering Drawing

Another safety feature is a loaded chamber indicator at the rear of the slide.
Hood Sports equipment Grey Automotive lighting Font

The slide, barrel, safety, mag release, and trigger were numbered to the gun.

Household hardware Auto part Gas Nickel Font

And of course there are proof marks scattered around the gun; here's a few.

Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Bumper

Here's the assembled gun -minus the firing pin and extractor. I've GOT to do something about those painted grips, they look terrible.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

And here's a pic of the Astra with a few other Eibar .25 pistols, none of which will win any beauty pageants -but I didn't pay more that $25 for any of 'em so "you get what you pay for". (The pink band on on trigger guard is a reminder that the gun is not ready for prime time)

Product Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel

Reactions: Taildragger

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nice.
I really like the old mouse guns.
Do you collect/rebuild .32acps also?

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
I have three of the "Ruby" .32 acps. Rebuilding Eibar pistols is always a challenge due to parts made of unobtainium, and the lack of part standardization. And the prices keep going up! Five years ago they were practically being given away... not any longer!

Reactions: Taildragger

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Time to wake up this thread!

A while back, I put a low ball bid on an online auction for a receiver frame to a Walther P22, and I was the sole bidder. I've been watching ever since for a parts kit to rebuild the pistol, again submitting low ball bids. My frugal bidding kept the P22 rebuild on the back burner for a long time.

Last week, I struck gold. A saw-cut parts kit came up -complete with magazine and factory laser- and I was able to snag it for just over a Benjamin.

The seller couldn't get the barrel off so they only saw cut the portion of the receiver where the serial number was.

Below: Parts kit as bought (Note: that "C" clip doesn't belong!)
Trigger Air gun Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

Above: Completed rebuild

Turns out the parts came from a P22 CA (Kaliforniastan) and the barrel nut has no flats for a barrel wrench. Worse still, CA barrels are cemented with some sort of threadlocker akin to red Loctite. Frustrating but not insurmountable. Since the P22 has been around for twenty years there's a lot of information out there, so the rest of the rebuild was fairly simple.

Another bonus: Walther has a lifetime warranty on the P22 that is just like Hi-Point. The gun is covered no matter if you're the 1st or 50th owner.

Oh, yeah... one more thing. When I dug intro my records I was dumbstruck to see I've been sitting on the P22 receiver for over six and a half years. :oops:

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts
Time to wake up this thread!

A while back, I put a low ball bid on an online auction for a receiver frame to a Walther P22, and I was the sole bidder. I've been watching ever since for a parts kit to rebuild the pistol, again submitting low ball bids. My frugal bidding kept the P22 rebuild on the back burner for a long time.

Last week, I struck gold. A saw-cut parts kit came up -complete with magazine and factory laser- and I was able to snag it for just over a Benjamin.

The seller couldn't get the barrel off so they only saw cut the portion of the receiver where the serial number was.

Below: Parts kit as bought (Note: that "C" clip doesn't belong!)
View attachment 75928
Above: Completed rebuild

Turns out the parts came from a P22 CA (Kaliforniastan) and the barrel nut has no flats for a barrel wrench. Worse still, CA barrels as cemented with some sort of threadlocker akin to red Loctite. Frustrating but not insurmountable. Since the P22 has been around for twenty years there's a lot of information out there, so the rest of the rebuild was fairly simple.

Another bonus: Walther has a lifetime warranty on the P22 that is just like Hi-Point. The gun is covered no matter if you're the 1st or 50th owner.

Oh, yeah... one more thing. When I dug intro my records I was dumbstruck to see I've been sitting on the P22 receiver for over six and a half years. :oops:
I've always wanted one.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Adam makes it look easy, too. If one overlooks his time frame
There is an excellent reference on waltherforums.com called the "P22 bible" and it was a big help in the rebuild process.
I wanted a new one.
Yeah, me too. Had I know how long it was gonna take, I probably would've bought one 6 years ago, LOL

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts
There is an excellent reference on waltherforums.com called the "P22 bible" and it was a big help in the rebuild process.

Yeah, me too. Had I know how long it was gonna take, I probably would've bought one 6 years ago, LOL
I passed up on a new one for $300. The girl I was dating talked me out of it. A week later I broke up with her for a hotter girl and married her.

141 - 150 of 150 Posts