What gun did you buy today?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Suicide-Salads, Nov 20, 2013.

1. I'm getting close to becoming a vet!

2. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Looks much better on the laptop screen than the little pic in a text :D

3. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Finally got a pic of my Omni Hybrid I bought a short while ago.

[​IMG]

4. Surfnayl

Surfnayl Member

Never had a malfunction with G22 or G27. I actually loaded a mag with one round and closed the bolt slowly so I could watch. Couldn't see a problem. Only when firing and was last round.

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Went up to Cabela's this morning to get the Savage 93R17 GV, and they sold out before Christmas. :wah::wah::wah: My coupon is good until Tuesday so I will be calling them everyday to see if they get one in. If so it will be mine. They did have the synth heavy fluted threaded bbl with muzzle break but it was $100 more than I wanted to spend. It was nice though.

6. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

25% of my short list. It was a 9mm day, also ordered a 40/9 conversion barrel for my g23. I have a lead on 3.5k 9mm rounds will know this week.

Attached Files:

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Hope you got the G19 RSA for that!

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

Info I read today.............."I had a LC9s until last week. While it's a nice pistol overall, I decided to sell it after the firing pin broke. Ruger repaired it free of charge, and the turn around time was only 1 week door to door (their CS is fantastic). I gave full disclosure to the person who bought it (actually an NRA instructor friend of mine). He wanted to use it as a training pistol to help people choose which type of carry pistol best suits their needs. Anyway, as I said, it's a nice pistol with a great trigger, but I couldn't trust it as a CCW pistol after the firing pin broke. I owned it for maybe 10 months or so, and it had about 500 rounds through it. Also, I've read about one too many issues with the LC9s series, so I decided to get something else."

http://www.glockforum.net/forum/glock-talk-discussion/16825-new-single-stack-enter-fray.html

9. shepherd321

No I didn't get a g19 rsa, once again the gen 4 b.s. There are only 2 reasons to get a gen 4. First if you are a lefty, second if your hands are not close to normal size. I do have g19 mags to use with my gen 3 g23. I chose the standard length barrel w/o threads to try to get away from all the other changes besides the barrel and mag. I will see how this works first.

10. shepherd321

As in my short list post, a hammer fired LC9. I dont know why they changed it to striker but the hammer fired ones are a steal right now.

11. PhillyinFl

PhillyinFl Member

They Mrs.took good care of me Christmas.

Attached Files:

12. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I specifically looked for a hammer fired DA. I love my LC9, accurate enough and feeds everything so far.

13. peorth

peorth Member

The 880 can be had for $20 refurb at midwayusa from time to time. I prefer the Crosman 2100 over the daisy 880, but like the daisy 22x/22sg better than Crosman 2200.

For plinking inside the garage, the daisy 74 co2 bb repeater is the most fun I had with BB gun in years. The co2 cart last >200 shots.

14. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Now I'm curious. My doctor says my hands are just fine and yes I went with the largest grip. And I'm left handed but use the factory mag release.

15. shepherd321

Did you ask your doctor where your hands fit on the bell curve of size? If I had big hands I'd buy a g21 or g20. And I totally agree with using right handed guns.

16. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I can palm a basketball... The doctor crack was just that... :p

17. TNTRAILERTRASH

I never considered not going with the G19 RSA. $18 is a cheap price to maintain reliability on a EDC. I have LW .40 barrels for the 23, and 27. 9mm conversion for both. A 23XL40, and the 5.38" barrels in .40, and 9.

Both my Glocks are G4. The 27 uses the same RSA between the .40, and 9. Never any problems with any of the barrels.

Come on over. You can say bad words and cuss Mole if you can figure out who he is!:rofl: http://www.glockforum.net/index.php?pageid=active_topics

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

Laser cannon? WTF is that? :p

19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Setback...what about the gaping holes in the sides?:eek:

:rofl:

20. PhillyinFl

PhillyinFl Member

Fury 12ga. semiautomatic.
    No laser. Flashlight and red dot.