What gun did you buy today?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Suicide-Salads, Nov 20, 2013.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

You don't need more...........you need m0! One ain't enough. Ask Mole. IIRC there is 12rd or bigger available for the P11. IzDat a P11?

2. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

The 12 rounder was 3 dollars more. Funny if you live in a free state.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Why would he buy a p11 mag for another gun it would not fit. Tells again how your guns break and your sissy wrist can't handle a SCCY.

4. Earnshaw

Earnshaw Member

Canik S-120 9mm , all steel CZ75B knock off.

Attached Files:

5. Mediocre_Bob

Mediocre_Bob Supporting Member

Bought a Century C308 yesterday. Looking for a front sight post adjustment tool for it now. ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1463011927.263168.jpg

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Very nice!.... How'd that hit the checkbook?

7. Mediocre_Bob

$700 plus tax at Ack-ademy. Same as the online prices I found plus the instant gratification of taking it home right away.

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Not shabby at all.... Range report is a must!
    I like me those style of rifles.

9. Mediocre_Bob

Will do. Hope to get to the range this weekend. Gonna try out my Redball mag on my 995TS too.

10. osbornk

osbornk Hillbilly on a motorcycle Member

I didn't buy a gun but I was given one yesterday by my cousin's widow who didn't want it around. It is a Rohm RG38 38 Special revolver with a 2" barrel. I had never heard of the brand so I came home and did some research. I found it was German made 60s era Saturday Night Special. The early Rohms were pretty bad but the later ones were better and the RG38 was probably the best one. It is tight and shoots flawlessly but I am a terrible shot with a 2" barrel (either me or the gun). It seems to have been shot very little if at all. It sold for $50-$70 when it was new and a good one now is worth in the $100 neighborhood.

11. hughewil

hughewil Member

Well picked up a taurus TCP today for summer pocket carry

Attached Files:

• tcp.jpg
      tcp.jpg
      File size:
      81.4 KB
      Views:
  12. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I have seen them in .22. I have a one called "The Regent" it is RG parts and is a duplicate of the Rohm (IIRC) Check and see if your frame is magnetic or not. Mine isn't. 8 shot DA/SA that sold for $12.50-$20 new. Stamped Firearms INT'L Corp. Washington D.C. :blush: :rolleyes::rofl:

13. osbornk

I read that the 38 is much better than the 22 and the later ones are better than the early ones. My frame is not magnetic. That is the first thing I checked and I made sure the frame was solid with no cracking.

14. Kiln

Kiln Member

Good guns. Avoid cheap steel case or you'll have problems.

15. osbornk

I've had one for a couple of years and it makes a good pocket carry gun. The little things (like all little bitty guns) is hard to shoot well. You have to hold it really firmly for it to cycle well and I find I need to be pretty close to the target. It's the hardest gun to shoot well of my 13 but it is great for its intended use.

16. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I find it easy to shoot.

17. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

I find mine surprisingly easy to shoot also, considering its size and weight. I put a Pearce finger grip extension on one mag...pffft...useless as, well no good for me. The Hogue rubber grip sleeve did wonders though. I got a Laserlyte UTA for it from Wally, on sale for $62. Sights aren't much for these weak old peepers. :cool:

18. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Those are nice looking rifles. I'd love to get one to round out the collection of significant historical platforms, and you can't beat the price point of those C308s. With ~$4 surplus magazines available, you could get one of those and at least 10 good mags to keep it set forever.

You are fortunate because I guarantee that when Century runs out of certain surplus parts used to make those, they will become $100-200 more expensive, and many people will be kicking themselves in the butt for not getting one, now.

19. My thought exactly.

20. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    What type of mags fit that? Is it an FAL knock-off? Or a "Franken-FAL"? :rofl:
    Pretty Sweeet! :D

The biggest obstacle for me buying any .308, or 7.62x51 is the price tag :(
    I do not have an extra 6 grand burning a hole in my pocket! :wah: