What gun did you buy today?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Suicide-Salads, Nov 20, 2013.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    If you decide to put a scope on the 527, it’s a 15 mm groove, with 17 mm across the flats. Tikka uses the same size, but has a stop that’s lined up differently. Easy enough to deal with. The people that sell rings are completely stupid, and won’t tell you which thing they measured in their descriptions, but will swear they fit whatever, despite not knowing which dimension they’re matching.

Visper likes this.
  2. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Finally got my very own Maadi!!!

Maadi ARM RML 20".

Now for the elusive Valmet that I will never be able to afford...

pix951622146.jpg

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Nice grab! I would love to have one of those.

4. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I looked and found this scope base but have never heard of the company:

https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1133585

maybe that’s just for the 22LR version?

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Nope, that’s the right one. DIP is a well known reputable CZ aftermarket producer.

That unit means you can use any Pic rail ring out there.

OldOutlaw and Dubar like this.
  6. Pistolkitty

Pistolkitty Supporting Member

Bought today but pick up on the 18th, a savage axis xp in 6.5 creedmoor with a 4-12 x 40 bushnell scope for two-fiddy.
    The bushnell was perfectly acceptable to look through at the store- until I looked through a vortex scope on a ruger American. But they wanted 530 for that combo. I figure I'm getting the bushnell basically for free, and I can get a far better vortex down the road for a buck and a half-two if i want.

7. Think1st

Florida
    That's a heck of a catch, right there. You'll be ringing steel at 600 yards in no time based on what I've seen from some of the various 6.5 Creedmore rifles and 12x optics at the Manatee range.

Pistolkitty likes this.
  8. The word is out and deer have begun to migrate away from your AO.
    Seriously, nice score!

9. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Picked it up yesterday, first chance I had to post!!!
    IMG_20200814_222925.jpg

Now its time to assemble the upper!!!

Completed pics to follow as soon as I get er done!!

undeRGRound and Think1st like this.
  10. Picked up a Ruger GEEP, wid a 3" barrel, nice grips, chambered 44SPL.
    Shoots real good...fits in jeans front pocket...
    Now onna quest for 44SPL brass....

REDD

undeRGRound, Rerun and Think1st like this.
  11. Think1st

Florida
    If you find yourself getting fed up with the hunt for .44 Special brass and want to go for a .44 Magnum in about the same barrel length, you could also look at a Ruger Alaskan. Just something to keep in your back pocket--the idea, that is--not the Alaskan.:p

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Canik TP9SFx holy shit what a trigger!.I need to sell something.......... o_O

Dubar and Think1st like this.
  13. Think1st

Florida
    I was amazed the first time I did a dry press on one of those Caniks at the LGS. It was just line the Walther PPQ's trigger.

14. TNTRAILERTRASH

Did you buy it? I have been poking around on prices. I paid $499+tax and BGC. The OWB holster holds it high. I didn't have any ammo with me at the store. Had 1000rds in the car the day before! :p might have got a free range session. I just went to the store looking for Civil Defense 9mm. No JHP's except some Norma .40 in 25rd boxes.

Dagwood likes this.
  15. Think1st

Florida
    I couldn't buy it, as much as I would have liked to. At this point, we have quite a few handguns that already serve the same purpose the Canik would have served. The only other handguns I plan to get will be a Ruger SP101 in .22lr, a pair of P365s (one for the range and one for carry), or a second P938, so I can have my current one for the range and the other for carry.

And speaking of ammo, I haven't looked for it in any brick-and-mortar establishments. People seem to be having good luck getting a few boxes that way, but the stuff is getting harder to find online. It doesn't matter for most calibers--.380, .357 Mag, .45 ACP, .44 Mag--the stuff if really rare. I pissed off the wife buying several cases over the last couple of months. She didn't grasp how dire the situation is. I'm glad I went a little crazy with the .44 Mag ammo when I bought my Redhawk, though. There's no way I would have shot 200 rounds of it today, otherwise.

Dagwood likes this.
  16. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Did not buy them but was gifted them.
    Mossberg model183 bolt action 410
    NATO gamebird 12ga
    And a 22 revolver stamped LA Deputy
    From Germany. So a Rhoem. With a extra 22win mag cylinder.

Pistol has some holster wear on the barrel. 410 has blueing wore off and gummed up. 12ga is in pretty good condition just dirty.
    Evils dad gave them to me. He didn't even remember the 22. It was tossed in a box of shotgun shells.

Newman31B, undeRGRound and Dagwood like this.
  17. Ruger 10/22 stainless and a TC/R22. Don't need either one but talking to a buddy about guns and he mentioned he was taking two of his 22s down to the LGS. Figured I'd save him some gas.

Think1st, ajole and moona11 like this.
  18. TNTRAILERTRASH

Think1st likes this.
  19. Glad you finally realized that. And the fact that they're still wrapped in plastic, in the box and never been fired, has nothing to do with it. I really am a nice guy.

Think1st likes this.
  20. Could be a Rhom, but also could be a Hermann Schmidt Model 21. They made a lot of private label guns.
    Does it look like the one in this pic?
    upload_2020-8-25_10-29-16.png