What gun did you buy today?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Suicide-Salads, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Well a few pages back I said I got a Galil Ace, it was on back order. It FINALLY came in and is all mine!!!!

Wonderfully put together, smooth as silk action. Hard to believe its technically an AK.

Took her apart today, can't wait to get it to the range and run it through the paces.

Doesn't like AC Unity mags - everything else clicks in fine and drops free. IMG_20200916_211530.jpg IMG_20200916_211537.jpg

Edit: Still have to get to my uppers for my lightweight AR-15 rifle and pistol. Once they are all together I'll be posting those too. Have all the parts - just need to find the time to assemble...

undeRGRound, SWAGA, adam01364 and 2 others like this.
  2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Once again, you make me jealous.

3. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Picked up another AR15 yesterday. This one is a DPMS mod. A-15 223-5.56mm lower with a Timney sceletonized trigger and a Magpul PRS butt stock. The upper is a M1S 24" 1-14 twist Varmint with the E.R Shaw extra heavy stainless steel barrel and YHM 12" free float aluminum quad rail, a nickel boron bcg with an upgraded extended CH. Not sure of the brand on the bcg or the ch. It has flip up MBUS sights and a Fab Defense bipod. The kicker is it also came with a Burris Eliminator 4-12x laser scope.
    I'm ready to try my hand at some longer range shooting. I'll post some pics when i get a chance.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Come on Dagwood...we need prices so we can be jealous, or laugh at you!:carrot:

5. Dagwood

Prolly laugh. I paid 1500 for it. But, in my defense I was able to pay it on layaway at my my pawn shop so it makes it a little easier to swallow.

6. Visper

Funny thing is, my FFL showed me a new guy that's been buying a ton of stuff on GB. He's purchased 2 Valmets, M71 & M76 (I want a M76) a Norincon Draganov and a Norinco 9mm carbine (didn't even know that existed...) along with a Maadi RML (that I just purchased also). All of this over the last 2 months. Those 5 rifles total cost is about 10k...

That made me JEALOUS...

Valmet and Norinco AKs left - so close and yet so far!!!

I was browsing GB earlier and found this:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879084605

Very cool looking. Daewoo, who knew they made guns!!! AR type but definitely different.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    With those parts...no laughing. I wouldn’t buy it, but it’s not a crazy price for what it is, especially now.

Who knew?
    You mean who didn’t know?
    You gotta get out more, man!:p

undeRGRound, Dagwood and Visper like this.
  8. Think1st

Florida
    Oh, I remember when those Daewoo rifles were in the back of the Guns & Ammo annual somewhere back in the mid '90s. The ROKs call it the K1. It's an outstanding rifle, giving AR magazine compatibility and a really nice short-stroke piston design. I wish those would come back on the market in the U.S.

9. Visper

Daewoo makes like microwaves and TVs right?

Eh... my bad :oops:

undeRGRound likes this.
  10. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Brace yourself well Shep! :)

shepherd321 likes this.
  11. Visper

Dagwood likes this.
  12. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Ordered a Tokarev TT-33c from Classic this past weekend. Description said very good to excellent condition so how can I go wrong.
    Don't know squat about them and found very little on this forum. I did watch a Hickok45 video, looks like it was modeled a bit after the 1911 without the grip safety, at least the take down part.

These particular revolvers are Romanian, anybody got one and if so, what's your opinion?

SGAmmo has the 7.62x25 in stock, but not sure if I want/need 500rnds of the stuff.

13. Dagwood

I had the Chinese version. Great shooter. Fun round. Armor piercing. You want/need 500 rds.

undeRGRound and Think1st like this.
  14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    My opinion is...they ain’t revolvers.

undeRGRound, Think1st and retread like this.
  15. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

That's next, I swear ;):p

16. Think1st

Florida
    If you can get 500 rounds of anything, you need it. Heck, if you want to conserve some of your 9mm, shooting something in another caliber is a great way to do that.

17. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

You're right but I better wait until I actually have the gun in hand.

Dagwood likes this.
  18. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I had a Yugo M57 which has one round more capacity then the T33.
    Silly me I sold it.

19. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

DANG! This is from SGAmmo's site on the 500+ box:

560 Round Box of 7.62x25 FMJ Yugoslavian Military Surplus Ammo For Sale, this is a cardboard box that contains 8x70 round boxes

Description Notice : This ammo is loaded with hard primers and only functions reliably in the Yugo M57 Pistol and possibly other Yugoslavian made firearms. It will not fire reliably in Romanian TTC or the Czech CZ-52 and possibly other guns too. We tested this ammo in 2 Yugo M57s and it works 100%, however in TTC and CZ52 the ammo would only fire 25% of the time on the first strike and would have to be stuck a 2nd time to fire. Sold 'As-is', no returns.

Made By PPU in 1976 or 1977, the ammo is beautiful and looks like new. Believed to be corrosive primed. Projectile is 85 grain and 100% non-magnetic

Does this mean ALL PPU ammo won't work? Do I need to get a specific brand?!?!?!