What gun did you buy today?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Suicide-Salads, Nov 20, 2013.

1. ichthyo

ichthyo Lifetime Supporter

I put a "half height" front sight on mine. I found on a Zastsva Facebook group post. Doesn't shoot high now.

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  2. Bought another danged 10/22 carbine...1992 according to serial number look-up.
    Housed inna RamLine folding stock, wid a 30-rnd ProMag magazine...its nasty durty and took a while to get it cleaned up some...I installed a scope...gona go shoot it and zero the scope...maybeso tomorrow...Not sure its gonna live in the RamLine...as I have a nice wall-knot carbine stock for it...Yeah it wuz real cheep.

REDD

3. James St. Patrick

James St. Patrick Member

Purchased a 995 with the original “Ape Stock”. It is in rough condition, missing rear and front sights, and the trigger would only sometimes reset (regardless of how hard I let the charging handle fly). Shipped to OH for some work and well needed parts.

undeRGRound, SWAGA, Think1st and 2 others like this.
  4. ^^IMO that's the best way to buy 'em^^

5. James St. Patrick

James St. Patrick Member

The price was too good to ignore ($150) and I knew everything could be replaced and fixed by a Hi Point Pro for the cost of shipping ($20).

6. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Bought a 22lr pistol on Monday. Picked up from my FFL today. Pretty nice looker and a very good feel to it.

20201009_194608[1].jpg 20201009_194714[1].jpg

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Love mine. How much? They were $300 last year, but they aren’t anymore around here.

8. OldOutlaw

Ran $379.99. Shipping was only $7.99. This was the lowest delivered price I could find on the net.

ajole likes this.
  9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Ouch. Still less than most Rugers though.

10. OldOutlaw

Yep, a lot less. So I didn't mind the price for this one at all. Over the years I've had several Ruger target pistols. Just did not care for them.
    This SW does feel better on the grip.

11. OldOutlaw

@ajole Fired about 30 rounds through it late yesterday. Used CCI Mini Mag ammo. Had a problem. The empty shell case is not ejucting out of the gun. It goes to the left side of receiver and next round cannot fully load.
    Did you experience the above? I really suspect the ejector may not be fully picking up the empty round. Any thoughts?

Edit: Seems to happen 7 or 8 out of 10 rounds.

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Not a clue. Mine has been 100% on about 5 kinds of ammo, like cheap Aguila and Blaser LRN, or bulk Federal or AutoMatch, but never tried Mini mag.

13. OldOutlaw

My Aguila does the same as the Mini Mags. May pop some more today. Left mags fully loaded all night. Lubed the extractor just a tiny bit. I'll see if it comes out of it before I call S&W for help.

ajole likes this.
  14. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I got a G48. First time I've had buyer's remorse buying a Glock. Wish I'd waited for a 43X
    Its also my first American built Glock.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  15. OldOutlaw

My new 43X was made in Austria. Really a great 9mm!

Visper and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Maybe this...

Attached Files:

OldOutlaw likes this.
  17. OldOutlaw

That is exactly what I think the problem is. Shot a few rounds today. Then gave it up. The empty hull goes against the left side of the gun. Same position as it was extracted. Or, at a 90 degree angle.

This problem you point out came up years ago. Seems S&W has not bothered to fix it. Probably will call them tomorrow. I know they will want it sent back in.

Another thing I found when I brought it home Friday PM. The rear sight elevation screw was not even started into the threads. Spring was laying side ways under the sight. What a joy that was getting the spring to stay in place while I started the screw into the threads.
    Nope, I'm not happy with S&W right now. But it is what it is I guess. :(

18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I wouldn’t send it back. A 1 mm tweak bend with a screw driver fixes it, if that’s it.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  19. James St. Patrick

James St. Patrick Member

I made the following purchases and completed a G19 clone build.

$304 Ebay - MDX upper with Glock OEM internals.
    $140 Primary Arms - Strike 80 lower with Glock OEM internals.

2990E0D2-74EF-4568-879B-2CC005D16026.jpeg

Glock internal parts already on hand from my from past purchases and upgrades.

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I really like that slide!