What gun did you buy today?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Suicide-Salads, Nov 20, 2013.

1. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

There were quite a few Combat Armory parts...lol !!! Sold them all so no worries here.

ajole likes this.
  2. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Been on a buying spree the last few months, this one had to go on CC (which I HATE doing...) but was out of discretionary funds...

Anyway, it's another off my list, and no, still not my Valmet as the prices of the one I am looking for are $3200 ish atm. Should have got one last year for $1800.

So I DID finally get my FAL though. DSA Israeli Officers version, with wood furniture. Brownell's was taking backorders at a decent price. DSA has enough parts kits to last till the spring, then it's gonna be slim pickings. So figured, eh, why not.

It is one SWEET looking rifle though. Pics on Brownell's site were lacking so gonna post some from Atlantic:

dsa-sa58-fal-israeli-rifle-hebrew-war-hammer-officer-grade-5.jpg dsa-sa58-fal-israeli-rifle-hebrew-war-hammer-officer-grade-6.jpg

dsa-sa58-fal-israeli-rifle-hebrew-war-hammer-officer-grade-10.jpg

Now its time to find Israeli FAL metric mags that aren't junk... They can get pricey. Not like G3 mags at $4 each.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

You know they don't work from sunset on Friday 'til the Sabbath is over? :lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing actual pics! ;)

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  4. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Lol that is a good one!!!

Yeah same here, I can't wait to see it in person. Backorders suck, but eh. Checked GB for shits & giggles and they where way higher there of course.

I can cancel the backorder, so "if" I find it cheaper no biggie. Of course that may be dependant on who wins the election.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  5. James St. Patrick

James St. Patrick Member

Gen 5 Glock 45 on a Strike 80 lower:

3F799AC3-3654-4D07-ACE7-12A467E9AE84.jpeg
    ****The Strike 80 frame is designed for Gen 3 uppers and Gen 3 lower parts****

OEM Gen 5 complete trigger, housing, and ejector. *Minor trigger housing material removed at the bottom for a flushed fit in the frame. Everything else in the lower are OEM Gen 3 parts.

Complete OEM Glock 45 upper. Plastic OEM Sights were replaced with TRUGLO Tritium sights. No other modifications.

After completing the lower, the front and lateral walls needed to be open slightly to fit the wider slide. Finally, recoil adapter purchased to use a Gen 3 recoil rod. The Gen 4/5 recoil rod is too wide for this channel.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    undeRGRound, Visper and Dagwood like this.
  6. harleyboy65

harleyboy65 Supporting Member

1028201756-1.jpg View attachment 68587 One off the bucket list, Marlin XT 22 bolt action tube feed. Marlin quit makeing them awhile ago, it has an adjustable trigger.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I didn't even know they made them with a magazine. Wonder what year that started?

Edit:
    "Looks" like they still make/made them with tubes...from the Marlin site:

"These bolt-action .22 Rimfire Rifles are reliable and fun to shoot. They come in several different models, with 4 or 7-shot detachable magazines, or 12-shot tube magazines..." The main picture shows 4 guns with tubes.
    https://www.marlinfirearms.com/rimfire/xt-series/

[​IMG]

BUT: When you look at individual models, NONE of them has a tube.
    Gee...Remarlington couldn't even keep the website up to date?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    harleyboy65 and undeRGRound like this.
  8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Couldn't afford to pay their web design guy, obviously.

adam01364, undeRGRound and ajole like this.
  9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Is the Strike 80 a G19 size? Looks like a 26 maybe...

10. undeRGRound

INDY
    Lots and lots of places can't, (or won't) pay their web guy... ObamaCares (ACA); Remlington; CMG...

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
  12. James St. Patrick

James St. Patrick Member

Currently, Strike 80 frames are compact model frames (Glocks 19, 23, and 32).

undeRGRound likes this.
  13. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

@stonegraham , you joined the forum to create a thread for which we already have a running thread for, in a section specifically for hi points about buying a 1911?

Read the rules, read the TOS/TOU, try to post in the appropriate section.... but in with cicpup on this one. You smell like a bot account.

14. harleyboy65

1028201747-1.jpg Picked up a Nylon Mohawk 10c, not a tube feed like I would prefer. I always wanted one for 40 years and never bought one. This one had been at a gun shop for 8 months or more, first price 379, then 329, got it for 300. I am happy, no more guns for awhile.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That’s a win!
    Try it out, the mags were a weak point. Some work, some don’t.

Dagwood likes this.
  16. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I tried to buy a Nylon a year ago. TN firearms banquet. I didn't have the cash in hand. They couldn't get a decent internet signal to take my plastic. Hickok45 was there and I saw him checking it out. It was one that had the tubular mag through the buttstock. We both talked about what we knew of them. He peeled out the cash and bought it.

Dagwood and undeRGRound like this.
  17. undeRGRound

INDY
    You two old farts are like besties :love:

Dagwood likes this.
  18. harleyboy65

The 5 round mag maybe a little weak had a couple of failure to feed. One brand ammo was fine the other gave the problem..so find out more when I sight it in. I bought a used 10 rounder they had, it worked fine

moona11, TNTRAILERTRASH and Dagwood like this.
  19. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I had one, I really liked it . It was the mag fed as well. Unfortunately for me, mine was problematic. I even took it to a smith and had them work on it. I never could get it reliable so I ended up selling it. I really wish I could have gotten it worked out. It would still be in my stable today. Hope yours works out well. They are really neat guns.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  20. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Pretty sure you can ad the "dating a S&W" guy to that list.