Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

12581 - 12600 of 12683 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
View attachment 70875 Ruger 10-22 M1 , cant wait to shoot it , although im sure it will be 10-22ish lol. ive wanted one for awhile and finally broke down and got it . it was between this and gettin a TX 22 , and considering that i cant buy a handgun in Alaska yet it was a simple decision . love the wood , the feel and really dig the sights .
Love mine:

30.JPG

I've been thinking about getting one and actually leaving it as bought :yikes:

·
What the Hell was that?
643 Posts
Wish they'd come out with a FG42, either model would be fine. I have the MP40, 1911, and Firefly.
What's your opinion of the firefly? Thats one of several I've been considering. I sed to have a Sig 228 and it looks about the same(ish) size.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,944 Posts
As promised the ones I was waiting on, some of them went in circles for a few days but made it!!

First we have what i just purchased today:

Girsan Regard (Beretta 92FS Clone). My FFL had a used one sitting at his place so I got to play around with it a little today, He was going to sell me the used one, that was in excellent shape, for $335 but I just ordered a new one for $359. bargain in todays market. Should have it by next week:

girsan.JPG

Next we have the other ones I eluded to earlier in the week or last week? I forget...

Anyway - FAL, Imbel kit with Israeli Furniture. Prices are crazy out there but I think i did good on this one. Got it way under what current market is, but about a 2019/2020 prices for a DSA made one. Completely restored wood and everything nicely Cerakoted over park:

FAL 1.JPG

Yeah, the featureless grip is going away of course, I live in a free state!!! (for now...)

Lastly, my AK pistol, 12" Barrel, CHF Chrome lined, Cugir Built (so yeah a WASR lol), Imported by M&M. In the middle of cleaning her up - she was dripping in oil... Installed my Kestral Suppressor/Manta defense Sleeve. All within legal limits but I will eventually put a real stock on after I pick which I am going to install and drill and tap the rear trunnion and SBR it. Still need to mount a Holosun Red dot and my new Feyachi flashlight (man that thing is bright as all hell):

IMG_20210305_002620.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
What's your opinion of the firefly? Thats one of several I've been considering. I sed to have a Sig 228 and it looks about the same(ish) size.
Mine and my buddies seem to be ammo picky, we both use Fiocchi high-velocity rnds with great success.

I bought mine in June 2018. I think the main thing I have done to it is polish the feed ramp, a lot. Clean it well, then clean it some more, and shoot it frequently. I'd say between 1000-1250rnds I had my first problem free range session, I usually shoot at least 100rnds. The previous outings weren't awful, but would have at least 1 failure (feed, eject) every other mag.

When I bought it I was looking to get the GSG 1911/22, but the Firefly felt so good in my hands it came home with me instead. I did eventually get the 1911/22, which has been a fine shooter with practically zero failures and they were mainly what I would consider to be ammo related. The 1911 comes apart almost like a real 1911, the Firefly is easier to disassemble for cleaning.

I was going to get some wood grips for the Firefly but they want about 1/2 the cost of the pistol for them. My buddy has a ODG version with threaded barrel, looks nice.

IMO good, inexpensive firearms. I also have their MP40/22. I hate the fake suppressor that hides the longer rifle barrel, but haven't spent the $$$ so far to legally cut it down to what it should be.

_29Login Trains.JPG

01.JPG

MP4022a.JPG

The MP40 is as accurate as any other 22 rifle I have and looks cool. Of course they came out with the 9mm version a couple of months AFTER I bought this :rolleyes:

The fake suppressor screws off, but it leaves 6-1/2" of barrel hanging out before the threads.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
The Firefly was the Sig Mosquito, which was intended as a 22LR training tool for the 228 I believe. When Sig decided not to renew the contract, GSG decided to market them as their own, they were making them for Sig anyway.

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
Did you get the RK Taurus race gun TX22 email today?

·
Premium Member
8,451 Posts
View attachment 70875 Ruger 10-22 M1 , cant wait to shoot it , although im sure it will be 10-22ish lol. ive wanted one for awhile and finally broke down and got it . it was between this and gettin a TX 22 , and considering that i cant buy a handgun in Alaska yet it was a simple decision . love the wood , the feel and really dig the sights .
You could Bullpup the 10/22 to 27 inches overall length with full barrel length for about $150.

badger-1022_orig.jpg

Helpful eldar

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
is that the Chiappa? or a conversion for a 10/22? nice !!
Yep Ruger 10/22. Stock came from either SARCO or EABCO, plus oiler, sling, and faux magazine extension, which glues to the bottom of a 10/22 10rnd mag. The sights are Tech Sights.

The mag extension makes removing the short mag a lot easier, just release, grab, and pull.

·
Premium Member
8,451 Posts
Holy crap those look terrible.
Wonder how bad the trigger is on those things.
The company producing the stocks use steel rods to connect the linkages.
Triggers are comparable to Steyr's AUG.

The optics are mounted to the original weapon.

Helpful eldar

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
The company producing the stocks use steel rods to connect the linkages.
Triggers are comparable to Steyr's AUG.
So....the triggers are crap. Good to know.

·
Premium Member
8,451 Posts
So....the triggers are crap. Good to know.
I owned an AUG.

You don't know what your talking about.

They aren't precision target grade triggers but, they get the job done.

Much better than the plastic rods used in other Bullpup designs.

eldar

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
Whatever. I'm just going off what the rest of the world says about bull pups and the AUG in particular. BTW..."better than ....other bullpups" isn't really saying much, is it.

"The most prominent downside to the AUG is its trigger." PewPew Tactical
"First, there’s the trigger. It’s the only trigger group I have ever seen that actively fights back." Zimmerman on TTAG.
"The Steyr AUG A3 M1 has a 9.8-pound trigger pull. It also has a plastic-on-plastic feel, which might feel sluggish to many shooters." AFI
"Brand new out of the box my trigger broke at a consistent 8 pounds 10 ounces." Random Gunstuff Review.
And the Australian special forces DON'T use the AUG, despite the rest of their army using it.

There are more, but...I've made my point.

Reactions: OldOutlaw

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,735 Posts
I owned an AUG.

You don't know what your talking about.

They aren't precision target grade triggers but, they get the job done.

Much better than the plastic rods used in other Bullpup designs.

eldar
Compared to the original trigger in the 10/22 it sucks.

12581 - 12600 of 12683 Posts