Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

12681 - 12700 of 12721 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,232 Posts
Lol, close, Estero. Bonita is nice, almost ended up there but Estero fit nicely.
I graduated high school at Cypress Lake in '75. US41 was the road to Miami. A narrow 2 lane cow pastures on both sides South of Koreshan state park. I left in '95 for Tennessee. Too much pavement, too many crazy drivers and arrogant snowbirds. I had almost 6 acres in Golden Gate Estates I sold back in 2019 off Everglades Blvd.

My wandering mother recently bought a condo somewhere in Estero. Corkscrew road was Corkscrew Grade in '75. The pavement ended just past the railroad tracks. It was dirt all the way to state road 29 North of Immokalee.

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Mine has the green light pipes on the front and the back. At 368 I'm sure it's the base model. The carbon fiber with holo sights was a bit out of my price rage. I've shot this model before during training classes and loved it.
I have two of those. One I still have not fired yet. Great pistols IMO.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Took the 10/22 Takedown over to my friends house to let him take a look at it and he decided he needed some space in his safe and parted with his Mark III Competition with Bull Barrel so now I have a Ruger .22LR set.

Ordering scope for the Takedown and a pistol RMR next up.
IMG_4172.jpg

·
Premium Member
35,759 Posts
That Ruger bag is COMPLETELY different from mine. And it's much nicer than mine.(y)
Stupidest thing about the Ruger bag...no way to scope the thing, and have it fit, unless you do some QD set up.
The Marlin actually fits in it's bag with a scope attached.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That Ruger bag is COMPLETELY different from mine. And it's much nicer than mine.(y)
Stupidest thing about the Ruger bag...no way to scope the thing, and have it fit, unless you do some QD set up.
The Marlin actually fits in it's bag with a scope attached.
Yeah the older versions were more of backpack sling from what I’ve seen, this is more of a briefcase/laptop case with shoulder strap. I’m indifferent to both designs currently and will probably change it up once I get optics on these and need a different bag. I’d imagine I could scope up the Takedown in this bag no problem without anything else in it or using my Tetris skills. But larger bag would be much easier even by couple inches LxW to keep the pistol together with it.

·
What the Hell was that?
683 Posts
Found a brand spanking, new in the box Mossberg Maverick 88 for $210.00 after taxes. Had been thinking about a Mossberg for awhile, and saw it. I stood there and Stared at it for a few of minutes, until my wife elbowed me and said I’d be an idiot if I didn’t get it. So.....Since my wife loves me, I can pick it up on monday. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
35,759 Posts
Found a brand spanking, new in the box Mossberg Maverick 88 for $210.00 after taxes. Had been thinking about a Mossberg for awhile, and saw it. I stood there and Stared at it for a few of minutes, until my wife elbowed me and said I’d be an idiot if I didn’t get it. So.....Since my wife loves me, I can pick it up on monday. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Why Monday? When I buy a gun, I walk out of the store with it.

Which model of 88 is it?

Reactions: Rerun

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts

Which model of 88 is it?
Stop bragging. Those other folks ain't got it that good.

·
Premium Member
21,232 Posts
No carry permit=waiting period in Florida. ShitZ too crazy down there to not carry.

Just down the road from W00kie ex-BIL had some conversation a couple of years back at the Cape Coral Walmart with 3 "yutes." His HK encouraged them to go elsewhere.

·
What the Hell was that?
683 Posts

Which model of 88 is it?
Yeah I usually do too. However apparently Walmart has a dumbassed policy, where they still make you wait. But that’s the only Maverick I’ve found for under 400 in the last three months. Not big on the 28 inch barrel, but they make shorter ones.

·
Premium Member
35,759 Posts
So WALMART has a cool down waiting period?
Wow!
I’d be tempted to use a card, then cancel the transaction once you get out the front door. Tell them it’s just your policy, and white privilege makes it legal.

·
What the Hell was that?
683 Posts
So WALMART has a cool down waiting period?
Wow!
I’d be tempted to use a card, then cancel the transaction once you get out the front door. Tell them it’s just your policy, and white privilege makes it legal.
Yeah, pretty much. I thought about it, then said the hell with it. Don’t like it, but.....

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Picked up a Taurus 605 .357 2" stainless today.
Paid $399 which is a tad high but traded in my Taurus 85 Poly for $200.
So I'm happy it cost me $199.

Never liked the 85 poly. Shot it once and it's been in the safe for 4 years.
Got the 85 as an EDC but the problem was if you needed to do a reload
the cylinder needed a good push to open. Not good!

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Wish my wife would do that. :cautious:

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
She's a keeper!

eldar

12681 - 12700 of 12721 Posts