Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

12701 - 12720 of 12721 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,220 Posts
Buddy of mine is thinning out his collection so being the nice guy that I am I had to help him out. Picked up a luger and a High Standard, both in 22LR.
Some of those Hi-Standards are worth some major bucks. I was checking out my dad's and getting the value. That was 5 years ago some are worth $1500+

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
$650 for the pair so I'm not complaining. The High Standard Sport King (? I think it's a Sport King, have to check in the morning) came with the original box and papers, although the box is worn around the edges.

·
I Stand With Talon
6,490 Posts
Colt Single Action Army 45 3rd Gen 1873.

Kid inherited from his father, got hard up for money and offered it to me. I didn't try to get his price down and paid his full ask.... $500. It's never been fired and there is not even a cylinder ring from being rotated. What looks like discoloration on the grips is just the light angle off them.

·
Premium Member
35,752 Posts

Kid inherited from his father, got hard up for money and offered it to me. I didn't try to get his price down and paid his full ask.... $500. It's never been fired and there is not even a cylinder ring from being rotated. What looks like discoloration on the grips is just the light angle off them.
I really don’t like the look of the engraving. That pattern is not my taste. But at that price...I could learn to like it.
Was the kid smart enough to ask for first refusal if you ever sell?

Reactions: Rerun

·
I Stand With Talon
6,490 Posts
I really don’t like the look of the engraving. That pattern is not my taste. But at that price...I could learn to like it.
Was the kid smart enough to ask for first refusal if you ever sell?
No he wasn't. I'm probably going to just flip it and make some money off it. I don't need a safe queen to just sit there and look pretty.

·
Premium Member
35,752 Posts
No he wasn't. I'm probably going to just flip it and make some money off it. I don't need a safe queen to just sit there and look pretty.
Not googling....I’m guessing 1,000-1,500 easy? That looks like a factory job, probably relatively rare. Got a box or anything?

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts

View attachment 73140 View attachment 73141 View attachment 73142 View attachment 73143 View attachment 73144 .
Dats pretty

·
Registered
970 Posts
Are you in Texas? If you're in Texas and close enough I'll do a cash private sale direct to you. If not, I'm going to list it on GB through my buddy and let him do the transfer with his FFL.
No I am in North Dakota. But you can send it to my FFL

·
Premium Member
35,752 Posts
Couldn't find ammo or reloading supplies I could use.
So I bought a gun.
Sig P365, two tone.

Looks like this. Was even cheaper than the Hellcat, which had a sucky trigger. And I got night sights. Passed on the SAS (too slick, odd sight) and the XL with optics, just can't see that in a tiny carry gun.

·
Premium Member
21,220 Posts
Couldn't find ammo or reloading supplies I could use.
So I bought a gun.
Sig P365, two tone.

Looks like this. Was even cheaper than the Hellcat, which had a sucky trigger. And I got night sights. Passed on the SAS (too slick, odd sight) and the XL with optics, just can't see that in a tiny carry gun.
Small Arms Solutions did a Hellcat/365 1000rd per gun test for his own carry. The 365 won without the TV screen. I like the trigger on the S&W Shield Plus. Did they have one of those? I am not going to get another micro-9 as I already have a G43X and have 5 15rd mags for it.

·
Premium Member
35,752 Posts
Small Arms Solutions did a Hellcat/365 1000rd per gun test for his own carry. The 365 won without the TV screen. I like the trigger on the S&W Shield Plus. Did they have one of those? I am not going to get another micro-9 as I already have a G43X and have 5 15rd mags for it.
The Shield Plus was a bit bigger, no night sights, about the same price....but the trigger is freaking awesome. They had a couple of Performance Center models with ported barrels and slides, felt like the same awesome trigger, and not much more money.

The Glock? It doesn’t point for me. And it’s a Glock.

·
Premium Member
21,220 Posts
The Shield Plus was a bit bigger, no night sights, about the same price....but the trigger is freaking awesome. They had a couple of Performance Center models with ported barrels and slides, felt like the same awesome trigger, and not much more money.

The Glock? It doesn’t point for me. And it’s a Glock.
Mine shoots 10" to the left with the factory sights at 10yds. The front sight sits crooked in the diamond shaped hole on the slide. A guy at work handed me his 43X and that sight was crooked too. They should sell them without sights they are that bad. I am getting some used Trijicon night sights for $45.

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Picked up a lil Rossi single shot break-open 410ga youth model. It has the same length and style of black plastic stock as the adult version, but this model has a 18-1/2"(?) barrel. Need to measure as some sites list 22" and others have 18-1/2". Making it into a cheap tactical for a "whatever" around the farm. Should be a fun little gun.

I've so far gotten a cheap padded sling, a shell holder that slips onto the stock, and a limbsaver to bring 1" more to the LOP.

Now, need to order a slip on fiber optic front sight(no barrel rib) for this small barrel to complete the look I want. Amazon, here I come.

Not looked it over well, but need to see if I can do a drill/tap for a picatinny rail somewhere to mount a micro red dot, but if not, still should be a fun shooter.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Darn Turkish guns, Zigana PX9, takes Sig 226 mags. Mecgar p226 mags come with it. This thing shoots very nice and it is nice that this and my 2 Sars put the brass into a nice group on the ground. I have been busy, I picked up a 3 month old Taurus G2c with Lakeline parts in it and I got a new Taurus G3c TORO. I got a stimulus infusion I had not counted on.

12701 - 12720 of 12721 Posts