Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
12941 - 12960 of 13000 Posts

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,210 Posts
Ur just a kid-gurl, so what?
I just turned 43 Wednesday. I know that's young to plenty, but I'm starting to feel old. I'm really starting to feel the consequences of all the abuse I've put my body through when I was younger.

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
I just turned 43 Wednesday. I know that's young to plenty, but I'm starting to feel old. I'm really starting to feel the consequences of all the abuse I've put my body through when I was younger.
You're still older than me...by 2 months...

Reactions: Pistolkitty

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,163 Posts
Yep. Bought it like that. My buddy, fellow firefighter, was getting raked over the coals by his soon-to-be ex wife and needed cash so I bought his 10/22 target for $500, knowing how much he paid me to take an off-the-rack rifle and turn in it to a race gun for turkey shoots and other rimfire class shooting comps.

Which is why I'm not allowed to brag about how well mine shoots compared to stock models...
View attachment 75560
It is nice. Yeah, most 10/22's that I have seen look nothing like that. They are accurate rifles as is, I can imagine the work done with that one. Did it get a trigger job too or is that stock?

3-9x40 is usually the max I would go on a 22, but yours it doesn't look wrong on, if that makes sense...

·
Premium Member
36,642 Posts
I have several .22 rifles that exceed the 3-9x scope. But, like Rach’s gun, they are target rifles. And unlike Rach’s gun, I think 16x is the max on any of mine, and none of mine are “LOOK AT ME” yellow.😂

But seriously….that is the EXACT right color for that type of gun. It’s perfect.👍

Reactions: RACHGIER

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
It is nice. Yeah, most 10/22's that I have seen look nothing like that. They are accurate rifles as is, I can imagine the work done with that one. Did it get a trigger job too or is that stock?

3-9x40 is usually the max I would go on a 22, but yours it doesn't look wrong on, if that makes sense...
Went from a BX to one of the original Volquartsen drop-ins which took up the factory side to side play, has better bolt hold open and better mag catch/release mechanisms. Then I dropped it in a KSA Extreme Anschutz style stock, and put the Swift on it after lapping the scope rings.

And I totally get what you mean. That scope and shade just look right on that rifle.

He had almost $500 in the stock and trigger, not counting the scope, labor, and base rifle.

Reactions: Visper

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts
Its not that young. Hiw in the hell did I miss this. Happy birthday you old goat. Side note that is also my youngest birthday.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
Don't give up, don't give in. I hit a wall when I was 35-ish and I busted thru that and every other wall since that time. Here 23 years later, the Old Bull is still telling the young bull, let's take our time, save our energy and go breed ALL the young cows :D

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts
Don't give up, don't give in. I hit a wall when I was 35-ish and I busted thru that and every other wall since that time. Here 23 years later, the Old Bull is still telling the young bull, let's take our time, save our energy and go breed ALL the young cows :D
Mole talks about himself as a bull. Come on man. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,035 Posts
OK, if you all remember I picked up a Tavor Sar a few months back instead of my AP-5/MP-5 clone. So I finally saved up enough and got the special addition one!!! comes with all sorts of stuff including:

(2) mags
(1) Scope mount
(1) Sling)
(1) HK cleaning kit
(1) case

On top of getting it for a GREAT price, Century is offering a $200 rebate on them now!!

Now it isn't my Valmet but the M78/M76 in 7.62x39/M62 is never going to rear its head... don't want the M76 223 version as the mags are ridiculously priced.

So on to the pics!!
View attachment 75526 View attachment 75527

And one with my matching G17.

View attachment 75528
I... don't see any... toes...

Rerun

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Didn't buy, but traded my last Glunk for a Steyr M9A2 MF. Been wanting a Steyr since I first handled one several years ago. The trapezoidal sights intruiged me as well. The new A2 re-design is an improvement over the A1 and really fits my hand well. It's a sexy beast too! I'll post a review when I get a chance to take her out.

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

(Stock photo)

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Didn't buy, but traded my last Glunk for a Steyr M9A2 MF. Been wanting a Steyr since I first handled one several years ago. The trapezoidal sights intruiged me as well. The new A2 re-design is an improvement over the A1 and really fits my hand well. It's a sexy beast too! I'll post a review when I get a chance to take her out.

View attachment 75591

(Stock photo)
It's a nice gun. When I first handled one 30 years ago, I wanted one over a Glock. Then the AWB hit, and I became wedded to the most available and multi-gun magazines. Feature for feature, it's a lot like an HK - equal to or better than a Glock - until it comes to the aftermarket and mag compatibility.

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
I do agree, aftermarket accessories are non existent for the Steyr. I don't really upgrade any of my guns. I use a universal OTW holster that fits several of my pistols. I did buy another mag for it. There are adapter plates available that mount in the dovetail for the rear sight for optics. I'm just really not a Glock fanboi. I really dig the Steyr.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
I do agree, aftermarket accessories are non existent for the Steyr. I don't really upgrade any of my guns. I use a universal OTW holster that fits several of my pistols. I did buy another mag for it. There are adapter plates available that mount in the dovetail for the rear sight for optics. I'm just really not a Glock fanboi. I really dig the Steyr.
If they'd managed it two years earlier, it would have done much better - but the AWB killed it. Glock had been in country just long enough you could get mags - Steyr mags were not to be found at any price, while you could pay through the nose for Glock mags. And having lived through the AWB, I'm a Glock mag fanboi - the pistol is what it is, but the mag fits everything.

12941 - 12960 of 13000 Posts