Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
12961 - 12980 of 13001 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
7yds break in for the METE SFx rapid fire. It was the 18rd mag. I had a failure to go into battery at one point. Topped of the mag and finished it off. Head sot is 15yds rapid
Art Font Wall Automotive design Circle

Art Font Circle Drawing Symbol

Reactions: Visper and moona11

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,661 Posts
If they'd managed it two years earlier, it would have done much better - but the AWB killed it. Glock had been in country just long enough you could get mags - Steyr mags were not to be found at any price, while you could pay through the nose for Glock mags. And having lived through the AWB, I'm a Glock mag fanboi - the pistol is what it is, but the mag fits everything.
That's what won me over, the darkside's magazines... now they done went and did another size, and I'm already way down that wabbit-hole as well :crazy:
Got a nicely used G43x for cheap, then went and spent about 60% for 3 more magazines which is also cray-cray :D

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
That's what won me over, the darkside's magazines... now they done went and did another size, and I'm already way down that wabbit-hole as well :crazy:
Got a nicely used G43x for cheap, then went and spent about 60% for 3 more magazines which is also cray-cray :D
Here's some Glock mag wabbit holes:

9x19mm - 3 sizes of mags
.40 S&W/.357 SIG/.45 GAP - 1 size of mag
.45 ACP - 2 sizes of mags
10x25mm Norma - 1 size of mag
.380 ACP - 2 sizes of mags
(size being the 2-D size of the magwell, length & capacity vary)

I think you need a 3-D printer. ;)

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,661 Posts
Here's some Glock mag wabbit holes:

9x19mm - 3 sizes of mags
.40 S&W/.357 SIG/.45 GAP - 1 size of mag
.45 ACP - 2 sizes of mags
10x25mm Norma - 1 size of mag
.380 ACP - 2 sizes of mags
(size being the 2-D size of the magwell, length & capacity vary)

I think you need a 3-D printer. ;)
YES, BUT... (and it's a Big Butt)
The ones you list are all interchangeable???

I'm citing the new G43/X/48 and it's a different "size and shape" completely...

OR NOT. Just list some models to back up your assertions.

2d being cross section of the grip?

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,166 Posts
Picked up my new Sig M18 yesterday. Got it for $615.00 OTD, not great but I don't feel like I needed to buy my FFL flowers either.

Just shot it today out back, very nice, just something about a Sig... Maybe because I have been practicing more both eye open shooting, but I picked up the irons perfectly doing that and effectively put two body one head at 7-8 yds on a few drills.

Still may get a red dot for it but we shall see.

Same beautiful trigger the P365 has. It is funny going between my 43's and my P365 and my Mossy in my carry rotation. All of them have slightly different triggers but they all go bang, still think I like the Sig triggers the best.

Ordered a few upgrades including the Wilson Combat Grip Module already. Rest is just springs and may get the Flat trigger from Sig, debating, I like it on the 365.

Rambling like always... but let's get on to the pic...

Product Font Bumper Auto part Gas

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts

Yes. You're gonna make me list all the different magazine families, aren't you? :mad:

9x19mm - 3 mag families:
Glock 17, 17L, 18, 19, 19X, 26, 34, 45, 46, 47 - fits original Glock magwell - aftermarket drums significantly increase capacity
Glock 43 - also fits Mossberg MC1
Glock 43X, 48 - aftermarket steel mags that significantly increase capacity

.380 - 2 mag families:
Glock 25, 28 - fits original Glock magwell
Glock 42

.40 S&W - 1 mag family:
Glock 22, 23, 24, 27, 35 - fits original Glock magwell - aftermarket drums significantly increase capacity

.357 SIG - 1 mag family:
Glock 31, 32, 33 - fits original Glock magwell - may be able to use .40 S&W drums

.45 GAP - 1 mag family:
Glock 37, 38, 39 - fits original Glock magwell - aftermarket extensions should work, but no known drums

.45 ACP - 2 mag families:
Glock 21, 30, 41 - Quarter Circle 10 has AR lowers for this mag - there are aftermarket extensions
Glock 36

10x25mm Norma - 1 mag family:
Glock 20, 29, 40 - Quarter Circle 10 has AR lowers for this mag - there are aftermarket extensions

.22 LR - 1 mag family:
Glock 44 - fits original Glock magwell - aftermarket mags significantly increase capacity if they work

·
Premium Member
36,643 Posts

Dude….you’re the guy that bought the stupid Glock fanboi wet dream cray cray gun, he didn’t have to prove anything…🤣

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
He made it sound like he was listing non-compatible stuff, but we're saying the same thing.
I'm challenging his tendency to be obtuse :D

THANKS @backbencher ;)
Being obtuse on the internet is only my second joy behind being obtuse on briefing slides. ;)

The idea is to let the smart people figure it out for themselves, so they'll remember the lesson, rather than tell them straight out & watch them forget.

And if they can't figure it out, then it wasn't worth telling them anyway.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,661 Posts
Being obtuse on the internet is only my second joy behind being obtuse on briefing slides. ;)

The idea is to let the smart people figure it out for themselves, so they'll remember the lesson, rather than tell them straight out & watch them forget.

And if they can't figure it out, then it wasn't worth telling them anyway.
One of Al's favorite tricks. Except when you use it on him :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
Shield Arms hopefully you didn't buy factory 10rd mags. They are a waste of time, and money.

·
Premium Member
36,643 Posts
One of Al's favorite tricks. Except when you use it on him :rotfl:
I’m not at a briefing, and I’m not being paid to think here. Being intentionally obtuse for a joke is fine. But stretching it out past the first WTF comment is just ass-hattery.

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,661 Posts
Did you get the mag release too?
Yes I did!

I bought the combo #4
3x 15rd mags, 2x 5rd extension bases,
1x Aluminum Mag Release. To avoid chewing up the poly-glunk oem piece.

Pretty rich, but very well made and engineered. The +5 base is near aerospace quality it looks like. I built one with the +5.

·
Premium Member
36,643 Posts
I see the gun buying has slowed down.
I'm hoping to find more primers myself...
ANY primers, at all.

I bought a lower this week, put it together tonight. Used an XTS branded LPK, because it’s what they had. Garbage.
The hammer pin was SUPER hard to get past the wire detent, had to stuff things in and work it around to loosen things up. Which in other situations could be fun, but this wasn’t. Then, the trigger is awful. Pulling the trigger literally cams the hammer down to the rear before releasing.

Showed a friend how to do it, and pretty much convinced him to just buy a complete lower, and spend money on a better trigger than the LPK basics. He’s thinking 224 Valkyrie, for varmints and maybe deer using some super heavy bullets they have out there. I told him to look at ammo availability and price before he commits. Suggested maybe 6.5 Grendel as better for hunting, but both are using non-standard bolts, and both are hard to find, so I also suggested 300 BO. He’s older than me, and had a stroke 18 months ago…he’s not hunting elk at 10,000 feet, in fact it’s been years since he hunted anything but paper, so realistically, 5.56 for pot guts is the probable real world best use for him. But he wants the deer killer sized bullets, so we’ll see.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,661 Posts
ANY primers, at all.

I bought a lower this week, put it together tonight. Used an XTS branded LPK, because it’s what they had. Garbage.
The hammer pin was SUPER hard to get past the wire detent, had to stuff things in and work it around to loosen things up. Which in other situations could be fun, but this wasn’t. Then, the trigger is awful. Pulling the trigger literally cams the hammer down to the rear before releasing.

Showed a friend how to do it, and pretty much convinced him to just buy a complete lower, and spend money on a better trigger than the LPK basics. He’s thinking 224 Valkyrie, for varmints and maybe deer using some super heavy bullets they have out there. I told him to look at ammo availability and price before he commits. Suggested maybe 6.5 Grendel as better for hunting, but both are using non-standard bolts, and both are hard to find, so I also suggested 300 BO. He’s older than me, and had a stroke 18 months ago…he’s not hunting elk at 10,000 feet, in fact it’s been years since he hunted anything but paper, so realistically, 5.56 for pot guts is the probable real world best use for him. But he wants the deer killer sized bullets, so we’ll see.
XTS is garbage, huh

Fortunately I bought a few reasonably priced Anderson LPK with a few upgraded bits.

I've seen hammers very slightly cam back (but not down) before release, but it's so slight you really gotta watch hard. Sounds like your describing a pull of well over 10 pounds

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
Fortunately I bought a few reasonably priced Anderson LPK with a few upgraded bits.
Stainless or the black MM parts? the MIM ones are pretty smooth operating.

·
Premium Member
36,643 Posts
It’s not heavy, it’s just gritty, has take up like a two stage, then it moves the hammer an eight of an inch as it loads and then breaks. No wall, it feels like a Glock trigger. I already have a cheap milspec NBS trigger ordered. It was $2 less than the Anderson. 🤣

12961 - 12980 of 13001 Posts