Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
13061 - 13080 of 13122 Posts

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,322 Posts
Got all of them already, but thanks for the info!
So what's your opinion on the g3c vs the g2c?
Husband carries a g2c and loves it. It's very accurate, good sights. We even have used it to teach a couple of first time shooters and they have the bug now and are excited about shooting sports. I got the g3c a couple years ago thinking cool, I'll carry that, our mags are interchangeable, makes sense. Except it pretty much sucks. I don't like the sights, and I can't produce any groups. Granted I have not spent a lot of time shooting it, I have not even stripped it down yet, but I have shot far better with countless other guns that ive been even less invested in. I lost the desire to carry it pretty quick. I'll stick with what I know I'm good with, which is my canik for open carry or my colt mustang for concealed.

·
Administrator
29,775 Posts
Thought the G3C took Glock sights? The trigger's better than the G2C, no?
Same trigger from what I've read.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,322 Posts
Then I am confused. What did Taurus improve on the G3C over the G2C?
From what I can see online, the slide finish is more durable on the g3c. Wow!

I just read that both have fixed front sites, the 2 has fully adjustable rear sites, the 3 rear sites are only drift adjustable. But like you mentioned above, they apparently can take glock sites, so that's good. I may try that, as it sits now it's not fun to shoot and not reliable to carry for me. But I've got other pistols I prefer much more, so who knows when I'll get around to messing with it.

·
Premium Member
37,302 Posts
I've never handled a G3, but the G2 trigger was terrible in the 2-3 that I fondled. My old PT-140 Millenium has a really nice DA/SA trigger, but that bladed "safe action" concept isn't as easy to implement as Taurus thought.

Apropos of that, the Springfield META trigger looks like a "safe action" trigger, but it's already fully cocked, the trigger pull does nothing but release the striker block and drop the sear, which makes it really nice and smooth.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I've never handled a G3, but the G2 trigger was terrible in the 2-3 that I fondled. My old PT-140 Millenium has a really nice DA/SA trigger, but that bladed "safe action" concept isn't as easy to implement as Taurus thought.

Apropos of that, the Springfield META trigger looks like a "safe action" trigger, but it's already fully cocked, the trigger pull does nothing but release the striker block and drop the sear, which makes it really nice and smooth.
Yeah, I'm happy carrying cocked & locked, DAO, DA/SA w/ the hammer down (well, I hate it, but feels safe), Israeli carry, or half-cock (1911, Glock, etc), but carrying SA w/ the hammer or striker fully cocked & no manual safety?

I've tried a few G2C triggers, and while the trigger is as long as a SIG P250, it doesn't feel heavy. I thought I'd tried a G3C trigger and found it very Glock like, but perhaps I misremember.

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,322 Posts
Yeah, I'm happy carrying cocked & locked, DAO, DA/SA w/ the hammer down (well, I hate it, but feels safe), Israeli carry, or half-cock (1911, Glock, etc), but carrying SA w/ the hammer or striker fully cocked & no manual safety?

I've tried a few G2C triggers, and while the trigger is as long as a SIG P250, it doesn't feel heavy. I thought I'd tried a G3C trigger and found it very Glock like, but perhaps I misremember.
Long but not heavy sounds like a good way to describe it.

·
Premium Member
37,302 Posts

Oh, it HAS a safety!

One is a grip safety, much like JMB determined was the best option for a battlefield handgun....but people talk crap about how it hurts their little lotiony hands, or their limpwristed ninja style alternate behind the back or under the leg shooting grips might make it malf....:eek:

Idiots.:rolleyes:

The other is the blade in the trigger, which only unlocks the striker when the trigger is pulled. Don't pull the trigger, and it won't fire. Drop proof, etc.

From what I read, the grip safety prevents the sear from being moved. The trigger blade blocks the striker.

Bonus, the grip safety also stops the slide from coming out of battery when it's not depressed, so that's a win for holstering in a tight holster.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Oh, it HAS a safety!

One is a grip safety, much like JMB determined was the best option for a battlefield handgun....but people talk crap about how it hurts their little lotiony hands, or their limpwristed ninja style alternate behind the back or under the leg shooting grips might make it malf....:eek:

Idiots.:rolleyes:

The other is the blade in the trigger, which only unlocks the striker when the trigger is pulled. Don't pull the trigger, and it won't fire. Drop proof, etc.

From what I read, the grip safety prevents the sear from being moved. The trigger blade blocks the striker.

Bonus, the grip safety also stops the slide from coming out of battery when it's not depressed, so that's a win for holstering in a tight holster.
Oh, are we talking about the Springfield XD, made in Croatia? Yeah, have no qualms about carrying that. Now the 87% cocked SIG P320 on the other hand... I'd rather carry a post-lawsuit Taurus.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I think that I forgot to mention that I bought a Stevens 320 20 gauge pump about a week ago. A guy had given me about 60 rounds of 20 ga. ammunition.

Lipsey’s sends dealers sale email every day. I happened to see it advertised and decided to go ahead and get one. It’ll stay on my books, but I’m going to use it like it was my personal shotgun.
Air gun Font Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun

Font Number Screenshot Parallel Document

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
So what's your opinion on the g3c vs the g2c?
Husband carries a g2c and loves it. It's very accurate, good sights. We even have used it to teach a couple of first time shooters and they have the bug now and are excited about shooting sports. I got the g3c a couple years ago thinking cool, I'll carry that, our mags are interchangeable, makes sense. Except it pretty much sucks. I don't like the sights, and I can't produce any groups. Granted I have not spent a lot of time shooting it, I have not even stripped it down yet, but I have shot far better with countless other guns that ive been even less invested in. I lost the desire to carry it pretty quick. I'll stick with what I know I'm good with, which is my canik for open carry or my colt mustang for concealed.
Shooting the G2C is the same for me except the trigger. I have large hands, and the G2C's trigger is too close for me...I prefer the G3 series which have a longer trigger reach. I like the blacked out rear sight on the G3's better than the three-dot arrangement on the G2C as well. Things like sights are a personal preference.

I seem to shoot the full sized G3 best, then the G4 next, then the G3C and G2C last, as far as quick accuracy goes. Again, one shooter may be totally different from me.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
So, I wen’t to my local indoor range to shoot my latest acquisition the TP9SA. I took it and my Elite Combat To compare. I’ll save that for another thread.
Anyway, I was browsing on the way out and spied a TNW ASP Chambered in .45acp. it was gently used and came with 3 - 24rd mags.
being that I already own a TNW ASR in 10mm I am very familiar with the quality and functionality of this firearm and the price was right, so It came home with me.
the cool thing is the lowers are identical and completely interchangeable. Yes, I know why not an AR. The TNW‘s are simple blowback design like the CX4 and the HP carbines. They take Glock mags and accept most AR accessories. I dig it.

13061 - 13080 of 13122 Posts