Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
13081 - 13100 of 13122 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
So, I wen’t to my local indoor range to shoot my latest acquisition the TP9SA. I took it and my Elite Combat To compare. I’ll save that for another thread.
Anyway, I was browsing on the way out and spied a TNW ASP Chambered in .45acp. it was gently used and came with 3 - 24rd mags.
being that I already own a TNW ASR in 10mm I am very familiar with the quality and functionality of this firearm and the price was right, so It came home with me.
the cool thing is the lowers are identical and completely interchangeable. Yes, I know why not an AR. The TNW‘s are simple blowback design like the CX4 and the HP carbines. They take Glock mags and accept most AR accessories. I dig it.
Would love to see comparison pics btwn the ASR & ASP. Which part has the serial #? Are they ARish FCG or a proprietary system?

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,400 Posts
A little trading and haggling netted me a .300 Sig Canebrake at the gun show. View attachment 77069
Beautiful!!! I wouldn't mind one of those!!!

____

My wife suprised me early. If you all remember I got a VP9L about 3 weeks ago but my wife told me I needed a P30L for it to be a true WickStick and she would get it for me for Christmas.

Well Christmas came early!!! She picked it up last week but couldn't wait any longer to give it to me, I got it yesterday.

Now I have Dualing WickSticks!!! New P30L to the right. The VP9L is literally a laser so I am hoping this P30L is very similar. Only thing is P30L is not an optic ready pistol... but when I unpacked it and looked down the sights, I really do like them and so do my old eyes!!! Anyway - Pic!!!

Black Sleeve Font Circuit component Engineering

Yeah a TTI Combat master would be nice, but those are like 3-4K... unless you send your frame and wait for a 45 week turn around...

Still looking fir a decently priced Arsenal Strike One AF-1 and IF I ever got another shotty it would have to be the Benelli M4...

I hear Shadow Systems is in the new John Wick 4, But I have one of those :p - They gotta start putting some Sigs in those movies!!

Think I just started a new collection besides my AKs...

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I bought a Knight Wolverine .50 cal muzzleloader for $70.00. I thought was a really good deal until I realized I needed to acquire plastic jackets for the 209 (impossible to find) primers. The Tasco scope on it won't track far enough right to get on target. So I'll be in another $75 or so just to get it ready to shoot. The good thing is the bore is like new. I'm not sure its ever been fired. My old traditional muzzleloader with open sights was getting hard to see.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
I bought a Knight Wolverine .50 cal muzzleloader for $70.00. I thought was a really good deal until I realized I needed to acquire plastic jackets for the 209 (impossible to find) primers. The Tasco scope on it won't track far enough right to get on target. So I'll be in another $75 or so just to get it ready to shoot. The good thing is the bore is like new. I'm not sure its ever been fired. My old traditional muzzleloader with open sights was getting hard to see.
We can't use scopes unless you use it for rifle season.

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
We can't use scopes unless you use it for rifle season.
Same here in CO, and that goes for shotguns as well. No optics with any sort of magnification. Archery is even worse because your sight pins can't have any sort of artificial illumination either.

Reactions: ichthyo

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,897 Posts
Bought another 1911. I had been thinking about it since I re-acquired my ATI FXH 1911. I was looking at SDS (Tisas) 1911’s because of their affordability and peoples reviews. Almost bought one a couple months back but passed and kinda regretted it.
I went to another Gun Show last weekend looking for one and didn’t find one, but I did find something I liked better.. An Iver Johnson Eagle XL 10. This is a 6” long slide ported 10mm cerecoted black. This thing is tight and right and the finish is top notch.
I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet but I did strip it, clean and oil it, and pet it and stroke it a bunch. I’ve been out of town for work all week, but I hope to take her out soon.

stock photo

View attachment 76637
STAAAAAHPIT!! 🤩

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Not a genuine FN?? 🧐
I got one needs some lovins

I'm a little miffed since the FNerds claim they can't handle +P :geek::geek::geek:
Not looking to pay FN prices. Canadian prices w/ the C&R excepted buttstock become worth paying, but we already have one of those in the family. I'll probably get a Turk to resell, but it will probably sit for awhile.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
You can use a scope on your muzzleloader in North Dakota for muzzleloader season. It just can not be more the 1 power.
No power scopes
Font Number Document Parallel Circle

·
Registered
Guns that go pew pew pew
39 Posts
Just ordered a 4595 Carbine from my LGS! Cuz I just like the color combo I got it in OD.

In all likelihood Santa will have either a present under the tree in the form of a HTA bullpup. Or a stack of 15 round 1911 mags in my stocking. Haven’t decided yet.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Just ordered a 4595 Carbine from my LGS! Cuz I just like the color combo I got it in OD.

In all likelihood Santa will have either a present under the tree in the form of a HTA bullpup. Or a stack of 15 round 1911 mags in my stocking. Haven’t decided yet.
That bullpup stock set up takes the carbine to a new level.

13081 - 13100 of 13122 Posts