Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
13141 - 13160 of 13191 Posts

· Registered
Guns that go pew pew pew
52 Posts
Many years ago my girlfriend now wife was a police officer. Just prior to her entering the academy I helped her shoot a gun for the first time. My S&W 28-2 Highway Patrolman. She still has the target with her quarter size grouping.

After becoming LE she searched for her own 357 revolver. She found a slightly used Colt Python in a pawn shop. She brought me to the pawn shop to give my stamp approval before buying. It had some holster wear and was filthy. They wanted $650 (circa 2008). I scoffed and said she could do better and cheaper with a S&W.

So she didn't buy the Python. Within a couple of years, post marriage I would live to regret that decision on my part. And every time the topic comes up I get the eye roll followed by the "honey, remember the time...."

Well last night I got the opportunity to right a wrong. I bought the Mrs. a 1978 Python in pristine condition. The box is MIA currently and may yet be found. For myself I picked up a little German semi from the early 20's. An Ortgies in 6.35mm. Pic quality ain't great. But want to share without setting up a picture taking studio....

Sleeve Trigger Grey Gun barrel Air gun
Sleeve Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Electric blue

· Premium Member
Everything
3,449 Posts
Ok I got the Chief's Special I was "thinking" about buying. So much for the "not buying a gun for awhile" thing. Bought 3 in a week. What the heck.. Got a good deal. Better 'n I usually get. It will make its way into my carry rotation after a trip to the range...

View attachment 77393
Oh that's awesome! It's a beauty. I've got a model 15 snub but a square butt vs a round butt. I love it. Fantastic to shoot.

· Registered
226 Posts
A Girsan MC1911SC 45acp DE, w/ 2 mags found a new home at my house...slightly used,... mint shapeits Dark

Earth...adjustable rear sight, ambi safety,wooden grips came wid flush mag and a full-size mag...sights are dove-

tailed into the slide....the frame appears to be a light-weight alloy...MSH is steel & flat....has full length guide-rod &

bull-barrel, no barrel-bushing, reverse guide-rod plug, also a beaver-tail grip safety.

All in all seems to be a well made and appointed handgun.....Former owner said it reliable and accurate...Range-day

will tell....

REDD

· Premium Member
37,174 Posts
Well….I ordered another KE Arms Poly lower. $79 on sale at Brownells, it will be the ultralight upper’s dedicated lower.
And here it is, all done. 5.9 lbs with a Primary Arms ACSS CQB red dot, delrin FA lug, 1”sling, Toolcraft “full auto” BCG, and KE Arms lower with Aero Precision LPK trigger and basic KE Arms Safety. $373 before the red dot, which put me at $500 all in.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

Attachments

· AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,545 Posts
And here it is, all done. 5.9 lbs with a Primary Arms ACSS CQB red dot, delrin FA lug, 1”sling, Toolcraft “full auto” BCG, and KE Arms lower with Aero Precision LPK trigger and basic KE Arms Safety.

View attachment 77429
For a Poly that is a great looking rifle!!
Light as hell too... might have to get one to try.

Reactions: TalonII

· Premium Member
37,174 Posts
I think I’m going to add 4 more ounces, and put a 3 slot rail and an Olight Baldr Mini pistol light/laser on it. I like the light, but there are zero holsters for it, other than the nylon tactical tacos.

3,545 Posts
I like the light, but there are zero holsters for it, other than the nylon tactical tacos.
Orpaz Holster - Amazon

Orpaz T40 for smaller lights like the mini and T40X for large lights like the Streamlights and Surefires. Can get them in a few different attachement options. I love em.

I have both, ignore the model specific from Amazon - they are all exactly the same. I ordered a Glock and Sig one and there was not one difference.

As long as I have a light I have an OWB holster for ANY semi-auto pistol I have including ones with comps.

Reactions: ajole

· Premium Member
37,174 Posts
Those look nice…but I hate the idea of spending $100 on a holster.
Which is why I spent $120 on a different light, so I could use a $50 holster….😱

I might need to just get one…the ability to swap it to different guns and lights makes a lot of sense, and that offsets that cost as well.

Reactions: Visper

3,545 Posts
Yes, I use it for my FN, Steyr, Glock and Sigs. With either small or large light, depending on my mood. If I divided it out over all my pistols its a few bucks each lol.

IWB is a different story, I'll get into what i use for that sometime too. I am cheap and like to multi-purpose holsters if at all possible.

Reactions: ajole

· Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Yes, I use it for my FN, Steyr, Glock and Sigs. With either small or large light, depending on my mood. If I divided it out over all my pistols its a few bucks each lol.

IWB is a different story, I'll get into what i use for that sometime too. I am cheap and like to multi-purpose holsters if at all possible.
Would you do a thread on that? I would be delighted to carry a handful of holsters that would fit all the pistols I sell, it would save me on inventory cost and save my customers' their hard earned cash.

3,545 Posts
Would you do a thread on that? I would be delighted to carry a handful of holsters that would fit all the pistols I sell, it would save me on inventory cost and save my customers' their hard earned cash.
Sure with pictures even!!

13141 - 13160 of 13191 Posts