what happened to them

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by USMC_VET, Jul 13, 2014.

1. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Was at my local store a couple hours ago and all the tactical gun magazine publications were not on the shelfs ??? , publications such as Recoil , guns & weapons and tactical weapons publications . Even checked Sav on and CVS and the same results

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I'll look at Wally World tomorrow, there's usually a few evil black rifle mags in the sporting goods section.

3. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Remember that the moms who demand sense against their stupid actions don't want guns to be seen. I was raised in a household that taught guns were evil, in the same class as going to a movie theater. Seriously. How stupid is that?

I don't want anyone harmed ever, but if push comes to shove I wouldn't blink or hesitate if an intruder threatened my family, period.

I'm pretty sure all the hormones they put in the milk and food these days are turning a lot of men soft. Think about the judges for a bit. Why do you think they issue some of the nonsense rulings? Well, certain male judges might be told by their wives - rule this way or you're not getting any. Then some of the idiotic rulings start to make sense.

I'm sure the left-wingers on here will be quick to try to prove me wrong, but I've made it this far by letting those around me know when the emperor has no clothes. It seems to have worked so far.

4. RobbK

RobbK Member

They are gone from the shelves at my wally world as well not even a shotgun news was on the shelf.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Before we all suit up in our tinfoil hauberks and helms, let's consider.

Maybe it's a financial decision? I don't buy mags to read, I use the interwebz.
    If fewer people are buying the rags...why carry them?

6. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Are you kidding me, gun mags or more popular now then ever. This was strictly a political decision and a perfect example of how businesses are heavily influenced by anti-gun agendas.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Has anyone actually asked the store?

We keep telling ourselves stories, but honestly...aren't we just assuming things?

But seriously...ALL written printed publications are suffering from reduced distribution. Just being popular isn't enough, as there are too many other ways to get the same info.

8. Truth! I happen to work in a print shop and i can honestly say you are spot on. Only thing keepin my company going is non-profits like D.A.V., Salesian Missions, WWF and other "give us a $20 donation and GET A FREE CALENDAR" companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

9. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Who need gun mags? More money for ammo and the 10% sales tax here in WA.

10. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

yes i know alot of magazines are now only offered online and yes it is due to low magazine sales since everyone has smart phones . But i think it is also due to all the attention the news media is putting on firearm owners and how easily weapons can be modified or getting firearms and parts from online sources . This is possibly why the publications have been pulled off of the shelves

now i did go to my local LGS today and they did have Tactical Weapons and Guns & Weapons publications for sale at the check out counter so i know they're still available at places like this not just at any other store where they sell magazines

looked at all my magazines i've purchased over the last few months and pulled there subscription cards out and was surprised at the issue prices . How how Tactical Weapons (12) issues $49 and (6) issues $30 . The Recoil magazine was $90 for (12) issues and $50 for (6) issues

These (2) magazines also are online but after viewing both sites i like the printed versions better

11. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    I dont buy gun mags, so I have money for my new Ruger P95.

12. BobboJama

BobboJama Member

SWFL
  13. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Print media is dying, I expect to see it gone in the next 5 years.

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Ok, since I am in town for some workshops, I went to Walmart on the way back to the hotel.

The Walmart on 300 West in SLC has all the gun mags on the shelves, just like normal.

So...huh.

15. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I get a couple via email. Not as much fun as sitting down with a hot cup of joe and reading a good gun magazine. But times are changing.

16. magazines over the interweb are nothing more than clips

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I thought they were just "links"?
    :p

18. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

At last one magazine distributor has gone under in recent weeks, and that has affected delivery of new issues.

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Of course they're dying, but it will take a lot longer than 5 years.

My bet is "never."

Print media, such as newspapers, magazines, etc., are all suffering exactly the same collapse due to a disruptive new technology as Radio did when TV came a long and started eating its entertainment lunch. There was huge die-off in types of programming and a lot of radio stations basically went under and were bought out. Eventually radio re-triangulated and found a new, more focused, target market. Some of the old stations survived and, eventually, more were able to capitalize on the new markets. Radio is in its Silver Age now.

While I can't see a new Silver Age for Magazines and Newspapers, I seriously doubt that both mediums will be driven to complete extinctions by the disruptive technology of the Internet. But the Golden Age is over for them. Those that survive will have to get lean and refocus, perhaps on a much smaller market and with a much smaller range of internal-to-the-magazine "products" (what they publish in the magazine).

Broadcast TV is having the same problem as print media caused by the same disruptive new technology.

Telephone "land-lines" are having a similar problem caused by a related disruptive new technology: Cell Phones.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

20. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    The two I get are full copies. The pages are a little small so I increase the zoom. I just click the little arrow to see the next pages.