What In The...!?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Flyboy, May 17, 2014.

1. So it's been an uneventful couple weeks, which is surprising, but hey, whatever.
    Well yesterday, events happened lol.
    I'm driving to work, and I get to the end of my block, and there's a cop car pulled over and a group of teenagers standing by it.
    Well, it's afternoon rush hour, so I have to stop at the end of the street to wait to merge, and I'm perfectly within earshot of the cop.
    And holy crap.
    This one kid was blowing up, full nuclear, on this cop. I'm talking flailing his arms, screaming at the top of his lungs, everything. Some was truly vile stuff, mostly because this kid was apparently the cop's daughter's boyfriend; she was standing by him telling him to calm down. And this kid screaming stuff like how he, ahem, sodomizes this cop's daughter and various other activities that aren't talked about in public.
    Now, I'm not sure if it's self control or simply stoic rage, but this cop is just sitting there taking it. Then he just...drives away. Like, doesn't get out, doesn't respond, just drives away while the group of kids walks the other way.

What in the Hell? I looked over at this pedestrian who had also been watching and she just looked at me like, "WTF?" which I also shared.
    I've never seen a cop or a father take that kind of abuse without doing SOMETHING. At the very, very least I would expect a disorderly conduct charge or disturbing the peace. But holy God, this cop did NOTHING. He just...left. I would say, "Probably going to dust off the shotgun," but in this country, not too confident with that theory.

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Way I see it, with a group of witnesses that would back up the teen there's not much the cop could do without putting his ass in a sling. Especially if the whole problem stems from personal issues. Now god help that kid when he catches him alone.

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

exactly, that would be a ''just wait til i catch you alone'' scenario for me as well. nod and smile while in the crowd, tip the hat and walk away with a [email protected] eating grin knowing its just a matter of time.

4. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

In the UK, I imagine it'd be a cricket bat he's dusting off

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Anybody consider that's maybe what a cop should do once in a while?
    How many incidents could be defused by just letting the subject safely rant without getting physical instead of going all steroid terminator on his @ss the first time a voice is raised.

6. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    An example:
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_JtFBnFS1Y[/ame]
    Cop with remarkable composure...

7. Completely fine by that.
    But while a cop needs to be composed, as a father, I believe he should have gotten out, put a knee on that kid's neck, told his daughter to watch carefully, and then twisted with all his strength until the sidewalk was stained red. :p

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

As a dad with two daughters, I'm good with that.

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

England.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

10. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

yep, i'd go home, take the uniform off then go look for this little punk and teach him about good old fashioned respect. nobody has the right to disrespect me in front of my kid.

11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I could have maintained my composure through something like that if I had a daughter, because I have six sons who will be handling it for me.

12. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

tehehe....i can see how that would go down.."tell you what..young man...perhaps we can work this out...over at the house....c'mon over for a bit".

13. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Hell my almost 14 y/o is 6ft tall and 195lbs. He spends any day he isn't playing baseball in his room lifting weights.