What is a fair price for a used 4595ts?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Dagwood, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

So, I'm thinking that my next hi point will be a 4595ts. I would like to try to find a used one, but I dont want to pay too much. What's a fair price in good working condition?

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

right now, there are three listed on gunbroker.com for 319, and one listed as 399. new, they can be found in the 380-400 price range, if you can find one, used they arent a whole lot less. i personally, would recommend spending a few dollars more and just buying new.

3. Dagwood

You are probably right. I just thought I could save a few bucks. And then I wouldn't feel bad about modding it if I wanted to.

4. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

200 bucks. I wouldn't pay a dime more. A new one ain't worth more than 250 and I wont buy one for more. I had to wait a couple years but I found a 995 for 170 so I bought it. But that's just my opinion.

5. desertrider

desertrider Member

I really couldn't find that many used ones locally, and the ones I did find, like talon said, were pretty much the same price or maybe twenty bucks less than a new one.

I've never bought a gun over the internet (gun broker, Buds Guns, etc.) so I can't speak about that process with any experience, but any time I've bought used guns, they had to be substantially less than new or I wouldn't waste my time.

That being said, I bought my 4595TS new, and haven't regretted my purchase in the least, even at the $389 I paid for it.

6. Dagwood

If I did find one used it would definitely have to be a significant savings from new. Right now, locally I can't really find any used. there are new ones available for around the $350.00 to $400.00 range which seems to be consistent with what you all are seeing. I am in no hurry. I don't suppose anyone on this forum is willing to sell theirs?

7. bigfrank330

bigfrank330 Member

I just looked on armslist and there are dealers across the US selling for as low as 280.00 average new about 300.00
    I think my LGS wanted 250 or 289 for a new one

8. MrKris

MrKris Member

I am waiting on my LGS to get in another 995TS with red dot for 289 + tax. Out the door price will be 324.82 and he should have one in next week.

9. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I see both the 4095 and 4595 for $300 or under online quite often and in fact just recently but I can't remember where.

Right now in stock at J&G Sales for $289
    http://www.jgsales.com/hi-point-4595ts-45acp-carbine.-new.-p-5873.html

10. Retail on the 4595 basic model is $330 so I would think anything under $300 is good.

Anything more than that I would buy a new one.

11. $275-$300 is a decent price used. Saves you tax and about $50-$75 with new cost and tax.

12. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

I guess fair can be interpreted differently depending upon which end of the deal you're on.

13. Dagwood

I just went to my lgs where I got my 995ts and they don't have any hp carbines in stock. They said they have some on order so I may just wait unless I find a good deal on a used one locally. Thanks for all the responses

14. plunkster

plunkster Member

I paid $280 for mine (new) with 2 extra mags and the mag holder. I'd say about $225.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

15. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I would say that it will be a VERY RARE event to see a used 4595TS for $225.

16. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

I agree but that doesn't mean I have to rip myself off. The guns are not great. I don't pay more than I think they are worth when I can get a better gun that will do the job for less. When they were under 250 they were a great buy. But they are over my value limit. I ripped myself off for a better gun, my 357 lever gun. But for me it was worth it. A much better gun in a much better round. It's all about your priorities. Don't let anyone tell you what you want.

17. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Well if someone came up to me with $1000.00 cash for my 4595 TS I would sell it with all the stuff I have on it including 9 extra mags. It is just too hard to find them now and I have too much fun with it to sell it for less.

18. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    $1,000? Damn dude. It's not like you have the ultra rare Snow White Edition.

19. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

No, but I do have a very nice pro point on it and I do not sell guns anymore unless they are willing to pay my ridiculous price. All told I have about $500 dollars total in it. I have also found it works great on feral hogs on the farm and is a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot than my '06.
    When I first got it I wasn't too impressed with the thing but everyone on here said they were very good so I took a chance and I have been more than happy with it. It is almost as much fun to shoot as my 10/22, and it is trouble free.

Edit: Needed to explain it better

20. I paid $ 259.00 for my 4595TS 2 years ago brand spanking new and have another 200 plus in it (or more ) with the accessories !