Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which magazine caters to folks like us?

I have a magazine at home with an article on "Beer budget with Champagne Taste" article that prompted me to buy my Cobra Patriot .45 I am very happy with it. And I notice at the stores magazines can cost $3.99 up to $5.99.

I also ride motorcycles and heard some magazines are biased toward the big four Japanese motorcycle manufacturers.

I'll get to the point.

Which magazines cater to thrifty real life people like us that contain reviews of Savage, Mossberg, Hi-point, Cobra, Raven (I know no longer made), Jimenez Arms, etc.

Even on some websites like gundirectory there are no reviews of Jimenez Arms.

So any tips or recommendations for a good magazine?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well Raven is now Phoenix Arms. Same founder.

I don't know that any magazine would cater to that crowd specifically because they rely on advertisers for their money, and HP, etc. don't spend a ton on print advertising. And the Sigs/HKs of the world aren't going to invest in advertising in a magazine that focuses on the lower end.

It's going to be up to the forums, etc.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Ya know, I really stopped reading hardcopy magazines a while ago. I used to read Guns and Ammo (biased as they may be) along with Newtype magazine and PC Builder. Well, Newtype and PCB went bankrupt and Guns and Ammo just seem....out of date. Besides, the info that hits that magazine is nearly a month or two old by the time it hits the shelves, and by that time I've researched circles around those articles.....

So, I guess the answer is that I've moved beyond the print

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I'd wondered the same thing. Google and online searches are great but it there is nothing like reading a good gun magazine on the can. I'm not coordinated enough to balance a laptop while there. :cantlook:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not hard copy, but this looks interesting.
http://www.budgetgunreviews.com/home
Lots of interesting views. I don't necessarillly agree with all of them,but a good sight none-the-less.

I usually Google if I want to find out about a certain firearm or product. I stopped reading gunns&ammo after I read a good article about the Davis P830. While it was a great article, it was about ten years after Davis stopped production. Keep in mind that Davis is now Cobra Enterprises in Utah, they didn't even mention them or their "new" 380(same as the old one).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.