What is it about a Glock?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by mr_flintstone, Jan 19, 2017.

1. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I was on my phone earlier (at work) and it would of been a pain to type it out on my phone. T

The young guy I was talking to just moved here (Texas) from California. He is a transfer from the Toyota HQ to the new HQ they built in Plano. he can't believe how cheap houses and rents are in Plano.

As soon as he got his Texas DL he went and got the Glock. He said he got it as that was what he kept hearing on the news as the pistol of choice for both good guys (and gals) and bad guys. Is the media really that slanted? Is every pistol a Glock? I must not have any pistols.

I asked him why he waited until he got here and he told me that I was too much of pain in the butt to get one in CA. He asked a bunch of questions about CC and I answered them to the best of my ability. He did ask if I had a LTC and when I said yes he asked if I was carrying. I had him look at me and asked him if I was just by looking. He said that he could not tell. I said that is how it should be. I never did answer his question. For your information, yes I was. I think we have a convert.

I also told him some other places to go shoot that are closer to his home, and cheaper.

2. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Missile defender........... say what? The Downs:
    "Hates reloads" Maybe not your reloads. Way too many out there reloading and shooting these.

3. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

What is it about a Glock? Well, one thing I can think of is that they are ugly. :D

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

I take it you don't have a HP pistol............. I think the SCCY CPX2TT is sexy. I still prefer something that won't kick itself to pieces :p

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Every gun is a Glock or an AR15 until they're told otherwise.

They're still waiting.

Attached Files:

6. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

Glocks are ugly. Hi Points are ugly.

But... Hi Points are ugly like an AMC Pacer. Top is way bigger than it should be, but it gives it some character.
    [​IMG]

Glocks are like a 1988 Dodge Diplomat. Squared off and bland as plain oatmeal, but get you where you are going.
    [​IMG]

7. Twisty

Twisty Simple by choice Supporting Member

Maytag went bankrupted because of poor quality.

8. cicpup

Vermont
    Turns out the repair man just wasn't answering the phone.

9. TNTRAILERTRASH

Cop caps $50 last time I checked. Those cop wheels are $50+ each too. I have those wheels on my van. 15x7's. I have those caps on my Duster. Holes are so the lug nuts can cool!

10. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

I am wondering the same thing about Hi Points!!!

11. Blue

Blue Member

IL
    Hey, care to elaborate more on the Beretta failings ?

I have a 92S (old italian police one) and love the fit in my hand, the great design of the gun (easy take apart, without the famous C9 pin :wah: ) and it holds a decent 15 rounds.

What am I missing ??

12. backbencher

backbencher Supporting Member

Texas
    Slides cracking on the initial US military contract, hence the revised design. Atrocious DA trigger pull. Safety/decocker in a poor location, sometimes resulting in a decocked/safe gun after racking the slide. Looking forward to the SIG 320 issue, though I'll probably never shoot one before I retire.

13. disillusioned

disillusioned Supporting Member

For me, it was the attitudes of the fanboi's. Made me want to hate Glocks. Then I rented several pistols to figure out what I liked to shoot the most, and it was the G17. Go figure. It's no better than any other pistol, just fits my hand and points well for me.

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Add in the fact that there's LOTS of guys talking about how underpowered the round is, despite never having used it on anything but paper, and you have about covered it.;)

15. Asher1

Asher1 Member

That being said :D

I got a smoking deal on a used G19 a couple years ago, it had big dot XS sites... after exchanging cash I found out it had a "New York" trigger installed, white springs, etc... I didn't like the trigger so I added a Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector and it worked out great... I am not a Glock cheerleader, just like I am not a Hi Point cheerleader, or M&P cheerleader... The one thing I can say about glocks is that there probably isn't a easier semi-auto hand gun to work on or modify.... they are the 350 chevy of guns, everybody and their brother make custom parts for them, just like the Ruger 10/22 that isn't my favorite semi .22 to shoot...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  16. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUq2Zc_-ezw&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

If a glock works for you, buy it, use it, love it. If not, Don't!
    Same with an HP or M&P. No need to be a hater or a fanboi:p

17. cicpup

Vermont
  18. backbencher

backbencher Supporting Member

Texas
    Well, to be fair to us, we have to use 124 grn FMJ. It'll penetrate just fine, but it just leaves a 9mm hole straight through. 9x19mm in good hollowpoints is very close to .40" S&W wound tracks; 9x19mm FMJ not so much. Which is why the Army chose .45" ACP over John Browning's (PBUH) .40" round, b/c they were adopting a FMJ @ the behest of the Czar of Russia, who found hollowpoints too cruel to use on fellow Christians.

19. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    The BIG PAYOFF! :D

https://youtu.be/wUq2Zc_-ezw?t=9m11s

Click that, Cic-Pup :rofl:

The whole video was heavy :sarcasm: but yes, that was the point.
    Glorious Gaston :rolleyes: invented striker-fired, much like
    Owl Gore (Al Bore) invented the internet :rofl:

[​IMG]