Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a police officer and think that Hi-Point should make a series of carbines marketed towards LEOs

They don't need to reinvent the wheel and I hope they dont differ from the 995 design ive carried one in my squad car for a couple of years now but Hi-Point could improve on a few things

1. 45 acp would be a better choice than a 9mm
2. lighter trigger would make double tapping easy
3 tactical sling
4. more positive safety (the little lever is a bit hard to click off with gloves)
5. ergonomic grip

2 shot burst would be great but proably not practical

Special thanks to Hi-point for making the gun that saved my life literally

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
The 4595 will be coming out someday. BUT they do make a 4095. I was an armed security guard for several years and my C9 was on my hip and my 4095 was in my vehile if needed

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I never knew that LEOS carried any HPs. Guess I was wrong about that. I love my HPs!!! :yes: ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we are not issued long arms but are allowed to carry them i carry my 995 in the front seat and a M1a socom in the trunk

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
According to my friend in Knoxville, several of the smaller impoverished depts in TN have begun to issue the HP carbines to their officers. Low price is appealing, compared to the "industry standard" HK MP5. You can buy 10+ HPs for the cost of one MP5SingleFire. The richer depts that issue Glocks are also going with the Kel-Tec carbine due to magazine compatability.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
I am a police officer and think that Hi-Point should make a series of carbines marketed towards LEOs

They don't need to reinvent the wheel and I hope they dont differ from the 995 design ive carried one in my squad car for a couple of years now but Hi-Point could improve on a few things

1. 45 acp would be a better choice than a 9mm [DO HAVE 40 CAL AND 45 IS DUE OUT SOMETIME]
2. lighter trigger would make double tapping easy [TALK TO HP THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU OUT ON IT]
3 tactical sling [I BELIEVE ONE OF OUR MEMBERS MADE ONE FOR THEIRS]
4. more positive safety (the little lever is a bit hard to click off with gloves)[ONE OF OUT MEMBERS USED SOMETHING ON THEIRS TO MAKE IT A BIT LARGER AND EASIER]
5. ergonomic grip[CAN'T HELP YA THERE]
2 shot burst would be great but proably not practical[DON'T THINK THIS CAN BE DONE BUT NOT SURE]

Special thanks to Hi-point for making the gun that saved my life literally[YUP KNOW THAT FEELING QUITE WELL!!]
Not arguing with you just answering somethings that have been put out her thru the years. Unfortunately a lot of info was lost twice when the forum suffered catastrophic failure.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I don't mean to sound stupid, but what is meant by ergonomic grips?

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Thanks, that's what I thought, but wasn't 100%. I thought the 995TS fits my hand very comfortabley. Maybe I have wierd hands.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
SHOOTERZ care to elaborate on what you meant by knowing that felling well
I was an armed security guard at a strip club and more then once had some angry, drunken fool try to get his weapon out of his vehicle and come face to face with my C9. [That big slide really scared them thought it was a bigger caliber]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi point saved my life when I was responding to a 911 hang up going up the guys drive way he opened fire on me and my rookie partner we where 45-50 yards out hiding behinfd the car with no cover to moveup I grabbed my 995 yelled for the guy to put the gun down he responded with F you pig shot 3 more rounds at that time I poped up and sent two FMJ through this chest only with the excelent reliability and accuracy of the Hi-point fire arms would I be alive today

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Ahhhh...nothing feels better than taking out the bad guys with a 995!!! :yes: ;)

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
take that black blemish that is collumbine.

Hi-Point to the resque!

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
hi point saved my life when I was responding to a 911 hang up going up the guys drive way he opened fire on me and my rookie partner we where 45-50 yards out hiding behinfd the car with no cover to moveup I grabbed my 995 yelled for the guy to put the gun down he responded with F you pig shot 3 more rounds at that time I poped up and sent two FMJ through this chest only with the excelent reliability and accuracy of the Hi-point fire arms would I be alive today
wow! Tell everyone you know, great story man.

·
Registered
367 Posts
a carbine in 10mm might be good for this, if they added a production line for that they could prolly incorporate some other things LEOs would appreciate. I'm not a LEO so I wouldn't know what they would use on such a weapon but it's a thought and would fill a nice niche market what with the economy the way it is alot of smaller departments would prolly jump on this. I'd pay a premium for this carbine myself, prolly use it to hunt with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Things I could see a LEO-inspired remix of the carbine using: (Not being a LEO myself)

-Double-stack magazine, for higher-capacity
-Available in a variety of calibers, same as an officer would carry in their pistol (9mm, .40, .357, .45, maybe .357 Sig)
-Folding stock?
-Picatinny rail (MIL-STD-1913 rail) on top, and around the front-end to allow for scopes, lights, grips (The new TS stock meets some of this need)
-Larger knobs/buttons for gloved use
-Ambidextrous mag release, so officer can use in a variety of positions, and lefties can use it with ease

With the exception of the mag release, top rail and magazine capacity, the rest could be added via a new stock design.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
sure would be cool to see a news article about that

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Holy crap! Awesome story. Have you written to mothership or anybody else about it? There are a couple articles I've seen out there talking about the hp carbine as a less expensive alternative "long gun" in the car. I would love to see an article too. Great work and good suggestions on fixes for the hp.

If the government can take it away, then it's not a right.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts