Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start buying my ammo online. Im looking for some good companies to buy from.
Ill be buying ammo for my .45ACP, and .380 (fiancees)
Base your answers on Experience, BBB standing, Price, and Customer service. Thank You.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
i buy alot from j&g sales and from the time i order to the time i get it at the door is about 4 days. they are good to deal with and they even have their own delivery people too. this is the delivery person who dropped off my last case of ammo??? lmao

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Damn! I've been ordering from the wrong place.
Our delivery guy looks like this

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'll have to go out to Bass Pro, I have one close, so I can save the shipping. Academy has jumped their price on the UMC 9mm 250 pack to near $75. But Bass is about the same on their .45 UMC packs.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
i haven't checked the price of j&g for their pistol ammo in a few days . i ussually buy my pistol ammo from walmart or the gun store and i buy my rifle ammo from the internet in bulk .

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So what about MidwayUSA and Cabela's? Also has anybody here ever tried CCI 45ACP Shotshell ammo?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Aim Surplus, Southern Ohio guns.. give them a call to find the deals, Ammunitiontogo.com, MidwayUSA, Cheaperthandirt.com ....... thats the ones I do business with!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
If you want to piss someone off, use the shot shells. If you want to stop an intruder, then use a JHP.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was asking about the Shot shell for target practice. I wouldnt trust my life with it. My HP isnt a shotgun. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
So what about MidwayUSA and Cabela's? Also has anybody here ever tried CCI 45ACP Shotshell ammo?
I have fired the 9mm shotshell in my Springfield XD9sc and they dont cycle properly (they dont create enough pressure to run the action), but they feed all day long in my 995 :D

My 995 is set for home defense as: First 2 rounds shotshells, next 8 are 147gr Hydrashoks. Second mag, all Hydrashoks. Third mag, 2 Hydrashoks and 8 FMJ. If I ever get to the third mag on a badguy in my house and he's still coming... its time for entry AND exit wounds to cause enough blood loss to cause stoppage of hostilities. Needless to say, I hope I never have to get to my second magazine... let alone the third.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have fired the 9mm shotshell in my Springfield XD9sc and they dont cycle properly (they dont create enough pressure to run the action), but they feed all day long in my 995 :D

My 995 is set for home defense as: First 2 rounds shotshells, next 8 are 147gr Hydrashoks. Second mag, all Hydrashoks. Third mag, 2 Hydrashoks and 8 FMJ. If I ever get to the third mag on a badguy in my house and he's still coming... its time for entry AND exit wounds to cause enough blood loss to cause stoppage of hostilities. Needless to say, I hope I never have to get to my second magazine... let alone the third.
Man I feel sorry for whoever tries and breaks into your house. I looked at J&G they didnt have much for the .45. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man ammoman doesnt have anything in stock.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
for me ammunitiontogo.com was the best deal, tax and shipping was less then shipping from others... but they arent to far from me

as far as cci shot shells, i grew up calling it rat shot, we kept it in the 22 and 357 revolvers for snakes... worked great, as long as you were close...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I believe it's time for you to look into bayonets

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.