Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the deal with the ammo situation? i was just looking at Cheaperthan dirt and they are out of stock in pretty much every sort of calibers of ammo. what is going on? i was checking the price on ammo for my AK and it jumped from $230 for 1000 rds to $500 and that's for the Wolf Military Classic. is our sport in DANGER?????? pretty much the only thing they had decent stock in is .223. don't even ask about 9mm.

·
Registered
959 Posts
supply and demand...

·
Registered
959 Posts
supply and demand...
i guess they figure if they don't supply it we'll quit demanding it.
more like they figure that they can ream us out without the benefit of Kentucky jelly since they control the supply...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Check the other 100 or so "AMMO SHORTAGE!!!!" Threads. It's not so much a "shortage" as it is Panic buyers drinking the kool-aide and buying up 10,000 to 100,000 rounds AT A TIME to simply either horde or to take to a gun show to resell at an inflated rate.

Yes, it's supply and demand, but it's also a self fulfilling prophecy.

Done with yet ANOTHER ammo shortage thread. It's no great conspiracy. It's people who think if Wal-Mart doesn't have it, then NO ONE does and that's flat out ignorant.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i bought ammo.....i just need my frickin C9 to come in so i can shoot some of it, LOL. is anyone else having problems finding HP pistols?
tell me about it. when i bought my C9 it was the only hi point they had in the store and i got lucky. i went ahead and had him order me a JHP .45 also and it took a month to get it. they are such a great price everyone and their brother wants one. and i'm in northern Ky only about 2 hours or so away from where these guns are made and they are even hard to get a hold of here too.

i still can't get over how much AK ammo has jumped in price. that's almost a 110% price hike.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Was at the gun show this past weekend. The Georgia Arms ammo table was one of the most popular, but the whole gun show was a mad house....glad I got there early. 9mm and .223 went fast. No .380 at all. ::)

By the way....A local gun shop (Central Florida) has HP C9's for $160 and 40's for $180. Maybe I should pick up one of those 40's to keep my C9 and 995 company???

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
i bought ammo.....i just need my frickin C9 to come in so i can shoot some of it, LOL. is anyone else having problems finding HP pistols?
tell me about it. when i bought my C9 it was the only hi point they had in the store and i got lucky. i went ahead and had him order me a JHP .45 also and it took a month to get it. they are such a great price everyone and their brother wants one. and i'm in northern Ky only about 2 hours or so away from where these guns are made and they are even hard to get a hold of here too.

i still can't get over how much AK ammo has jumped in price. that's almost a 110% price hike.
do you have a c&r ffl 03? several places give you a dealer discount if you buy a case......

·
Registered
825 Posts
It's people who think if Wal-Mart doesn't have it, then NO ONE does and that's flat out ignorant.
So I assume you know of several other outlets still stocked with all of our favorite calibers? Not to sound ignorant you know...

I can't help but wonder how long your whole "I'm all right and the worlds all wrong" demeanor is going to last either. Give carguy a break he's new here. If the rules are that we can't post about something that has already been discussed somewhere else then this place will dry up quick fast and in a hurry. The last I looked this is still a "discussion" board. All due respect, of course.

·
Registered
927 Posts
this last gunshow i picked up 500 rounds of factory reloads and a brick of 22lr plus 2 boxes of 7.62x54r then headed over to big 5 and picked up 5 boxes of 16 gauge

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i usually get the winchester 100rd box at Wally world and that's about the only ammo i get from wally's. i order all my other crap. seeing is how the C9's don't like the winchesters i'm saving my stock for my PT-92. i guess i could just get the junk Wolf 9's. i shoot the wolf 45's in my JHP and they perform flawlessly. no jam's or anything the only drawback is they are dirty dirty ammo. takes forever to clean but dang for the price they shoot great.

no i don't have a C&R or FFL03 liscence. my buddy is getting the liscence for full auto and silenced weapons (not sure what liscence that is). i may just have him start getting my rounds for me.

it sux tho cause i used to get all my stuff from Cheaper than dirt and now they have nothing. i got stocked up b4 winter and haven't done any shooting since about Oct or Nov. and my brother in law said he wants to buy a C9 so he can go shoot with me and i just thought what the heck i'll check on ammo and see what's goin on with that and was suprised when CTD was pretty much out of stock on every popular cal.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is something we've seen before and will see again.

Even if you don't "drink the Kool-Aid," given the unusual demand, you may be inspired to buy ammunition you wouldn't ordinarily stock just to save the likely cost increase.

For example: If you bought 100 rounds a month and suddenly your source has none available when the usual stock level is "plenty," when you do find your box of 100 rounds, you would (wisely, some say) probably buy an extra box.

Multiply this by hundreds of thousands of shooters and the industry says it can't keep up (Yes, that's what manufacturers are saying.) and it's reluctant to increase capacity in this economy, because who knows how long the demand will remain at high levels.

It may take several months before the supply/demand market works out the kinks, but Ruger and Smith & Wesson are among the few companies actually exceeding earnings expectations in this market, so there may be lots more pistols to be fed out there before it's over.

Can't really blame anyone for insuring their own ammunition supply...

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I hear you. I ordered a C9 and a 45 for a buddy about a month ago. His 45 came in so I went with him to pick it up yesterday. While we were waiting, another guy came in to pick up his order of 2 C9s. He ordered them the Tuesday before Thanksgiving! :'(

Has anyone had any luck finding Kool-Aid?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts