Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to find a duty holster with a thumbreak. i figure i can find somthing close to a hi point 45 holster but what as far and shape and size is the hi point 45 comparable to?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One question do you need leather,nylon or what material do you need it in? Normally anything that fits a 1911 will work or something that specifies large frame. There are a few holsters out there. I have not seen one in basket weave but saw a few in black leather.
That one is made by Vega. Hi-Point N150
This is an Uncle Mikes.72051
Uncle Mikes 8605.
Check out some of the online dealers and just do a search for Hi-Point jhp45. You will find many with thumbreak. I counted 8 or 9 just at Cheaper than Dirt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that top one looks great thats kinda what im looking for actually, my boss had one for his ruger SR9 and he said it had decent retention but now hes got a level 2 injection molded holster
. do you think it would fit?

ALSO: I will be getting this nylon rig to replace my heavy leather rig that ive had for years

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130247125507

if the top holster cant be found in nylon or somthing close to it i just have to wear leather. it may be tacky tho lol

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Is a thumb break a requirement for your place of employment?

If not, Fobus makes some very nice holsters. They are molded plastic, but don't have a thumb break. They have a passive resistance system. The one I have for my C9 is nice and tight; it holds the gun well. For the JHP.45, they have a set screw so you can adjust the tightness of the resistance.

I love my Fobus. I cannot expound enough on how excellent it is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i have the fobus holster as a range and off duty carry holster, but yes broomhead a thumb break is required. im having so much trouble finding somthing for duty use. can anyone think of where i can find this brown leather holster in either black leather or black nylon

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
You could always get the brown one and use black dye on the outside. Just a thought.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The one I posted the pic of in my reply (the leather one in brown) is from cheaper than dirt. Also there are many more dealers out there that carry the same one. You may want to peruse the Vega Holster website. http://www.vegaholster.it/ I did a google for Vega holsters and found about 40 dealers for them. Also try giving Mike Lamons a call 1 (866) 571-7090 at Pro-tech.If he doesn't have one already he can make you one. Damn great guy to work with. He has several nice holsters on the website www.protechoutdoors.com.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts