What Is The Proper Cleaning Of The C9 Without Disasembling

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by straight shooter, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Hi Point recommends you do not disasemble the C9 to clean it. So, what is the proper way to clean it without taking it apart? What cleaning solvents, oils, etc. do you use? How do you clean the bolt and extractor? How do you get the gunk buildup underneath the slide removed? Can anyone give a detailed, step-by-step cleaning process?

2. browwiw

browwiw Member

Wait. What? You're not supposed to take it apart at all? I dissemble the slide after every time I take it shooting. It gets the tooth brush just like the rest of my firearms. I mean...I bought pin punches, dammit.

I'm so confused.

3. I take mine apart about every other time or so. I like to spray her down with Break Free CLP, then brush the barrel out. I brush what ever I can get a brush on!! Then I lightly wipe what ever I can. I don't know if it is right but I get her clean the best I can. I also wipe out the barrel two or three days later because I heard the metal will secrete contaminates. If any one has other methods, please share. I am always looking for ways to work smarter, not harder!!!