Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I went to Wal-Mart tonight to pick up a few things, and stopped by the sporting goods to see what they had in stock. As it happened, there were two 50 round boxes of WWB .40 S&W 180 gr. JHP sitting there in the case. As I haven't seen any .40 S&W in a few weeks, I figured I would get them while I could. As the clerk was getting them out of the case, a guy walks up next to me and says "I'll take those." The clerk turns around and says "Sorry. Last two boxes, and this guy has already asked for them," pointing at me. So as I was getting ready to tell the guy that I would just take one box and let him get the other one, he looks at me, then the clerk and says "Those bullets are mine... he can come back later." Uh huh... so much for being diplomatic, now my back is up. So I say to him "Look pal, unless your momma named you Winchester, I don't see your <expletive deleted> name on those boxes, and regardless of what you might have heard, it is still 'first come, first served'." So while I am silently thinking to myself about which bail bondsman I should have my wife call for me, this guy is staring me down, as though he is weighing his options. As it happened, he just huffed and walked away, but I was more than a bit apprehensive there for a bit. I really felt sorry for the poor kid behind the counter, as I think he just about wet himself.

Thinking back on it, I should probably just walked away from the confrontation, but dang it, I am getting a little sick and tired of this. Sometimes I feel like Woodrow Call in Lonesome Dove after he beats the tar out of the soldier with the branding iron and looks at the women and says "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." Anyway, just needed to vent a little.

·
Registered
927 Posts
:blink: :blink: :cantlook: :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
51 Posts
He probably wasn't breast fed as a baby and his mama gave into his every whim as compensation. Good for you for standing up for what is right. Pukes like that need to be taught manners (something that seems to be lacking in a growing segment of society). Sometimes, nice guys do finish first.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I don't understand rude behavior like that. My first thought was the same as yours - generously offer to split the sale. With his attitude, he deserved more than you delivered.

With that said, I don't think I would have the testosterone-production-facilities to do the same. I'll live vicariously through you!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
:postpics:

so why did I put that up - cause I'd love to see that joker's face when you pulled Clint Eastwood on him!

Good for you!

He shoots................. he SCORES!!! :devilsidesmile:

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
Wanna talk about rude people....try taking your kids to Disney world and fighting off the people who want to stand right in front of your kid while the parades are going on, even though you've been setting there for an hour waiting. I say you did what's right, screw that guy.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
way too many people are retarded tools who have never been told no a day in there life... Good job... Oh and if a guy like that ever comes at you to fight and starts taking his shirt off that is your cue to draw down on him... as he is ready to give you a beating!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I for one am glad you did not just walk away. These rude a$$ people have got to be put in check. We have to stand up to these low live jerks and put them in their place. The behavior of people in general is changing and not for the better. It's all about me, me ,me and they don't care if anyone likes it or not. I don't even like going to the movies anymore because you sometimes get a clown that has to make comments or they don't turn their phones off because they might get a call they can't live without. Thankfully most people are polite and know how to act around others. I think you did great by not letting the loudmouth get away with his bulling BS. Good job !

·
Registered
282 Posts
there is nothing wrong with standing up for yourself. guys like him count on people being too scared or wimpy to stand up for themselves.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
well me being the humor guy i would have done one of the 3 things
1.. i would have said go ahead and take them i really don't need another 100 rounds of ammo. besides them little old 50 round boxs would look pretty stupid sitting next to all the 1000 round case of ammo in my gun vault so you go ahead and keep them.
2.. i would have bought the bullets then opend up one box and tossed him one bullet out of the box and said here see i'm a nice guy i learned to shrae when i was a kid
3.. no you go ahead and buy them i was only gonna buy them because they was pacaged in them cute little travel size containers . all my ammo comes in crates my wife always gripes because when they deliver it she has to use the dollie to move it from the front door to the gun room.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
You done good.

People like that piss me off and my temper gets me going and I really hate losing my temper.

·
Registered
84 Posts
What you gotta remember is that WalMart, Home Depot, Lowes, K-Mart contain many societal bottom feeders. You did the right thing to stand up to that piece of krap. You can take pride in the fact that you won. This is a very bad time in the evolution of our so called society. Although you won this one you must be cautious always. These big box stores are becoming a hive of scum and villany just like Mose Isley in the movie Star Wars:D

·
Registered
258 Posts
You did right, I think we have become a society of enablers letting people get away with stuff because they might become offended or have to do without something. There are more and more people looking for handouts because they are too lazy to do honest hard work and too busy making more kids they cant or don't support.

·
Registered
249 Posts
+1 to standing up to this douchebag.. I don't know what's wrong with folks nowadays, but no one seems to have any respect for anyone else.
I haven't been in that exact situation, but I don't think I would have remained so cool/calm. Good job. ^-^

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know a case could be made for the general lack of civility we see in many parts of the country now and we have generally become more coarse in our treatment of others. Perhaps it is a side effect of the growing sense of entitlement some of our neighbors seem to have.

People use intimidation wherever they think it will work, even the sporting goods counter at Wal Mart.

More often than not the perpetrator is either stoned, stupid or drunk.

This was one of the reasons I quit my big box store job...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
You asserted yourself without leading into a violent confrontation, and while I would've been a little less vulgar (since in American society that broadcasts intent of physical conflict) you asserted your reasoning.  Good work.  The key thing is to assert yourself, but remain in a neutral mindset and position.  If you expect violence, you will find it.  Many who are looking for a conflict (such as the guy there) will be unprepared to deal with someone who is not afraid of them, but at the same time desires no conflict.  You made him feel like an idiot, because you didn't react in the one of two ways he was expecting: Either cowering or going all out into a brawl.  This forced him to reconsider his position and gave you the upper hand in the dispute.  You were now dictating the rules of interaction in that conflict.

·
Registered
282 Posts
There is a general lack of civility, courtesy and respect these days. Every day I witness the lack of common courtesy. Whether it's a failure to hold a door open, take off a hat when going indoors or not offering a seat to a lady or elderly person. I blame the current generation of parents, especially the fathers. My dad taught me what is expected of a man, how he should act and what his responsibilities were. All the "alpha male" crap is fine if you like that sort of thing, but being a gentleman at times exudes more "macho" than all the bluster in the world. I still live by the rules my father taught me and try to pass them on to young people.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts